We stayed at his gorgeous property for the second time. We were there a few years ago and rather than try one of the other great hotels in Istanbul we decided to return. The rooms are large and comfortable and every evening a small gift such a four seasons environmental bag, a spectacle cleaner, wonderful marshmallows, lovely fresh fruit, bookmarks with evil eyes is left in the room including bottled water. Although they are all marketing materials they are all good quality and a thoughtful and fun gesture. We have noticed during our frequent stays at quality hotels that many of these little extras are being taken out of one's stay.
The spa facilities being the indoor pool that has underwater music and separate male and female steam, sauna and relaxing room are world class. The selection at breakfast was fantastic with both western and Turkish specialities. The ala carte menu at night and the evening buffet were both excellent and all food was deliciously prepared.
The only negatives were that as it was Ramadam the evening buffet was booked by people who were locals and not staying at the hotel. They were givenall the best tables by the water and we as guests in the hotel were left on all 3 nights of our stay to sit away from the hub and in the outer area of the gorgeous outdoor dining area. The same went for the outside pool. It is peak season and the hotel has memberships for locals who can use the pool as part of their membership. Being high season and very warm we unable to have any beds around the pool allocated to us as they were all occupied many it appeared to be by the hotel's spa members.As such we did not enjoy a swim or laze around the outdoor pool as it was not possible. We had come later in the day as we do not enjoy the intense heat of midday.
We passed on our impressions and concerns to Nazli Ozsoy who is a guest relationship person who took our issues with the dinner seating arrangements and pool area problems seriously and did all that she could to ensure that we were happy with all other aspects of our stay and
to relay our feedback back to management. The Aqua Lounge Bar Captain Sercan Avon ensured that although we were not in the hub of the dining area that we were not forgotten and gave us very attentive service.
We are intending to return in a couple of months to Istanbul and will definitely choose the Four Seasons at the Bosphorus. We have stayed at other Four Seasons Hotels around the world and think that the brand is most reliable and always has a warm, hospitable but elegant ambiance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus. On the European bank of the Bosphorus – which flows through Istanbul’s history and heart – Four Seasons gives a 19th-century palace a fresh, eclectic spirit. Alluring facilities include a chic urban spa. Fine restaurants and pools by the quayside overlook the Asian shore. And all are awash in the light, space and excitement of this water’s-edge location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul
- 4 Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus
- Four Seasons The Bosphorus
- Istanbul Four Seasons