“Simply elegant”

Ranked #32 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Los Altos, California
“Simply elegant”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

One of the most fabulous locations and urban hotels I've ever seen. We rested at this grand dame of hotels between excursions to the eastern part of Turkey, met interesting people and saw unusual sights. A must for anyone wanting to enjoy a luxurious respit in an ultra-historic city.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
FS_Istanbul, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Simona M,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in September 2013 and for recommending our Hotel to other travelers. I'm happy to read that you had memorable moments at Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus and enjoyed your time with us. I hope that the rest of your trip was also nice.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future...

Best regards,

Leonardo Baiocchi
Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed for 3 or 4 nights in July. It was during Ramadan - So the hotel had a very impressive and delicious buffet outside in the evenings. The food in the hotel in general was very good everywhere we tasted it. The swimming pool was very nice as well.

But in general I was personally quite disappointed, or perhaps not as impressed as I thought I would be. After all it's a Four Seasons and it arguably has the best location in Istanbul. This has mostly to do with the service and staff, as I didn't feel they went the extra mile to make sure we are satisfied as their guests. It's as if you are there or not, doesn't really make a difference! Everyone goes on with their business, and unless you turn to someone yourself, you would never be turned to.

I've been to Istanbul a handful of times now, and I can say that the Four Seasons at the Bosphorus is a good choice, but not the best one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Guy3103
FS_Istanbul, Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guy3103,

Warm greetings from Istanbul! And thank you for sharing some valuable feedback on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. While I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with some aspects of your experience, I am also concerned to read that you were left with a sense of disappointment, as it relates to personal attention.

I would love an opportunity to connect with you personally, the best way being to reach me at my direct work e-mail: christophe.chabaud@fourseasons.com, after which I will reach you directly.

Awaiting to hear from you, kind regards,

Christophe Chabaud
Hotel Manager
Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus
Lexington
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This is a fabulous hotel! The staff is helpful and friendly. The setting is picturesque, right on the Bosphorus . We loved it. The food was wonderful as well. Pricey but worth it!!! Rooms are large and well appointed.

Stayed August 2014
Uk
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights after a cruise the staff were all welcoming and managed to get us into our room early loved the fact that they took my mobile to call me when ready nice touch. Room was clean modern and a fantastically comfortable bed we were in south wing. Pool and bars look onto Bosphorus stunning night time views great for romantic dinner. Try Aqua. Great pool and spa facilities too.

All members of staff at all levels extremely polite And utmost professionals would definatly stay here again easy location for going into town though the taxi's in Istanbul a bit of drag be prepared for fun, traffic not great either but you can walk part of the way and use the tram systems.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I always like staying at the Four Seasons because they hire the best people. Amazing customer service in all respects.
Concierge
Superbly handled my reservation with a hammam prior to arrival.
When I phoned them upon arrival at the airport that maybe I won't have enough time to check in at the Bosphorus then make my appointment by the Old City, the Concierge suggested I leave my luggage at the Four Seasons Sulthanamet and do the hammam next door, no problem. Everything was always made so easy.
When asking for restaurant recommendations, and giving my considerations (ie. walking distance from hotel, child friendly, good food), Murat gave an excellent recommendation - House Cafe. Since he knew the manager, we were given a great table by the Bosphorus on a very busy night.
Also, when asking for a cab and waiting for it to arrive, the guys outside were very friendly, provided water bottles for my family and great fun. They are very knowledgable, professional and warm.

Spa
When I was given a tour of the spa, the lady Nemia was super nice and helpful. The information she provided during the tour proved useful when I returned to the spa the following day. The ladies at the reception also made you feel very welcome and remembered me from the previous night.
The Spa is amazing. All the little details are thought of.

The property is fantastic as you could expect from any Four Seasons. But this is special. Being right next to the Bosphorus is magical. The pool, the terrace, the views!!!
The rooms are great too. This with the outstanding staff makes this a great holiday destination.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at a FS and I was not terribly impressed. After two days I was fed up with paying almost $1,000/night to not have a superb experience and I switched to the Sultanahmet, which so far is fantastic.

I had a Palace Courtyard room on the 1st floor (2nd floor to us North Americans). Aside from the high ceilings, the room was bland -- mostly bare walls and dull furnishings. Hallway noise was a problem -- every closing door, every ice bucket filling, every voice could be heard loud and clear. Wifi was poor and a ripoff at 22 EUR for the "premium." (The basic is unusable for anything but email.) Bvlgari amenities are uninspired. Only one free 33cl bottle of water is provided each day. (Istanbul is hot in August!) It goes on, but the point is so many little things are not done well here.

Service was robotic. They were out of Museum Passes, fine. But they made it sound like a city-wide problem -- I believed I couldn't even buy from the kiosks from what they said -- so I gave up on visiting the sights for my first two days as I didn't want to spend hours in lines. (Thankfully the staff at Sultanahmet cleared this up for me when I checked in.) And nobody asked me why I was checking out early and switching to the Sultanahmet property, for example. I was a bit disappointed also that no offers were made to move my stuff for me (as I've read has been offered to others). I should've also expressed my disappointment at the property and maybe they would've just waived the add'l 30 EUR the room at the Sultanahmet cost. (Again, a bit surprised they didn't just keep the rate the same.)

I will say the best part of the hotel is the outdoor terrace and lounge, Yali. The venue and views are spectacular. The waiters were exceedingly helpful and friendly, and the food and drinks were very good (contrary to what reviewers seem to say about Aqua, the Italian restaurant) and appear to offer a representative tour of Turkish cuisine.

Location is fine. A bit far from the sights but close to Ortakoy and a quick shot (or scenic walk) up to Bebek. Getting to Taksim is a bit of a trek, too. Obviously the views of the Bosphorus are gorgeous. Overall there is no perfect location in Istanbul and this one is pretty good.

So far the Sultanahmet property seems to be redeeming my initial opinion of FS but I'll be hesitant to stay at one again over a Ritz, St Regis or top boutique hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank BrandonM87
Washington DC
Reviewed 20 August 2014

As all Four Seasons worldwide that I have had the pleasure to stay, I am never disappointed. The location was superb from the perspective of direct views of the Bosphorus. The interior amenities and service were all impeccable. The pool and restaurants are situated outside and have direct views of the Bosphorus and you can only imagine how fascinating it is watching everything from a small fishing vessel to large Russian oil tankers moving commerce along the waterways. The hotel is not situated in the old city which is where most of my tourist activities were, so therefore a 30 minute taxi ride is required. That was a negative. The Four Seasons Sultanhamet is directly located in the historic city center walking distance to the Mosques and bazaars, though it lacks a pool and I was traveling with two teenagers. A pool was a must. Additionally, the Bosphorus Four Seasons is a very popular wedding reception location. There were enormous receptions every night of the four night stay there. That was a little distracting. Therefore, a four star rating has been provided.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family