“Magical”

Ranked #25 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Magical”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Four Seasons 25th-29th August with my partner. The hotel is magnificent in every way - nothing is too much trouble for the staff , the rooms are beautiful as are the gardens , pools and restaurants . Whether its hiring a launch to be collected from the front of the hotel and taken along the river for lunch or booking great restaurants any where the staff will do everything . Its expensive but worth every penny - relax and soak up the decadence !

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Stephen S
FS_Istanbul, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Stephen S,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in August. It is a great pleasure to read that you and your partner enjoyed your time with us and described your experience as "magical".

We hope that you will come back and visit us again very soon...

Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
norwich
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a blissful few days at this fabulous hotel. Beautiful setting by the bosphorus with the river traffic providing constant entertainment.
Elegant and comfortable room. Very attractive staff who went out of their way to suggest restaurants for us and book private boat trips.
Probably the best hotel I have ever visited.
It will be a wrench to leave tomorrow for our trip to Canakkale for the Hellespont swim.
We can't praise this hotel highly enough.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear norfolknomad,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in August and for all your kind comments. You made our day! It makes me very happy to read that you also visited other parts of Turkey to discover more about this magical country.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the nearest future...

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We spent a day at the Four Seasons Bosphorous property although we were guests at the Sultanahment property. We were a party of six, all family members, ranging from age 75 to age 3. We rented a private yacht for a Bosphorous cruise through the hotel and planned an outdoor lunch and an afternoon of swimming. Upon returning from the cruise, we found that it was a bit warm to eat outside. I approached the concierge and politely asked if there were any indoor options for dining. Mind you, the concierge team at the Sultanahmet property was beyond gracious, hospitable, and helpful, as if we were guests at their own home, so I did not think it out of place to seek the concierge's assistance and make an alternative dining arrangement. To my utter dismay, he waved me away and told me to go ask the restaurant for help as it was not the concierge's job to help with such things. What was he busy doing--curing cancer? Negotiating world peace? It was horrible and such a poor reflection on this otherwise outstanding group of hotels. He later apologized and for our children's sake carried on with our plans for lunch and swim. In hindsight, we should have ran back to the Sultanahmet property--again, to our disgust, someone had defecated in the property's jacuzzi. We informed three pool attendants all of whom said they would inform the technician but proceeded to do exactly nothing!!! What a sham of a luxury property. A horrible day all in all!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank PAD626
FS_Istanbul, Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear PAD626,

Warm greetings from Istanbul. I trust this note finds you well after a comfortable return home. I have reviewed your comments about your day spent at our hotel recently and, similarly to how you must have felt then, am very distraught to read how your family was dealt with.

Although not in person, the first and most important step is for me to extend my most genuine and sincere apologies. While your experience was absolutely not in keeping with the minimum expectations our guest should have, I hope you would trust me that it is also not reflective of what we typically strive for and achieve.

I will personally look into the active follow-up of the team, and simultaneously look forward to getting in touch with you at the soonest to further relay my utmost concern and genuine apologies. Kindly let me know what is the best way to reach you directly.

Sincerely, Christophe

Christophe Chabaud
Hotel Manager
London
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Travelling solo for once I stayed here twice in August 2014, for one night en route to Cunda Island on the Aegean Coast and for four nights on my return journey. On both occasions I was fortunate to be upgraded which certainly enhanced my stays. On the first occasion I was put in a deluxe room in the South wing with a glorious view of the Bosphorus from the Divan that fills the traditional-style window. On the second occasion I had booked a courtyard room and was pleased to find again that it had a partial Bosphorus view from the divan, however after two nights I was upgraded to one of the roof-top Palace rooms with its own private terrace. This was incredible - a totally private south-facing terrace with uninterrupted views of the Bosphorus from the first bridge all the way to the Sea of Marmara. The terrace had room for a table and chairs as well as two sun loungers and a shade umbrella - the perfect place for lounging in the sun or watching the shipping traffic on the Bosphorus with the binoculars provided in the room.

The room itself was very well appointed - with several touches not found in rooms outwith the main Palace building, such as shoe trees, Japanese robes (in addition to towelling robes), and the afore-mentioned binoculars. Whether you are staying in a Palace Suite or a standard room the staff themselves show a similar attention to detail making sure every aspect of your stay is perfect - from handing you a bottle of water as you get into a taxi, to offering to clean your sun glasses by the fabulous pool on the Bosphorus Terrace. Nothing it seems is too much trouble.

This is clearly not a hotel for those on a limited budget but I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking to enjoy the best in hotel living even for a short time. I was particularly impressed by the way that so many members of staff went to the trouble of addressing guests by name rather than just Sir / Madam.

Room Tip: For breathtaking views of the Bosphorus from a private south-facing terrace go for a Palace Roof Sui...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear JeffersonLondon,

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay in August. Thank you for all your kind comments, you made my day! But I must tell you that the one about the attentiveness of the staff made me have goose bumps. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at Four Seasons.

We hope you come back and visit us again very soon...

Cologne
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect, even the standard rooms provide luxury I require.
The only thing which is not in line is dining the quality of food is lacking 7,5 out of 10 I'm a world traveller and an outstanding hotel like this needs to improve it's a la carte dining quality.
The breakfast fulfilled my expectations.
A definite recommendation for four Seasons Istanbul, hands of Kempinski I had to stay there 2 nights cause 4S was full, it was a waste of money

• Stayed August 2014
Dear UnitedArab,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in August and for your kind comments. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback on the dinner menu. I've shared your review with my F&B Director and Executive Chef and we will be working on the new menu soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your future visits to Istanbul...

Los Altos, California
Reviewed 24 August 2014

One of the most fabulous locations and urban hotels I've ever seen. We rested at this grand dame of hotels between excursions to the eastern part of Turkey, met interesting people and saw unusual sights. A must for anyone wanting to enjoy a luxurious respit in an ultra-historic city.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Simona M,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in September 2013 and for recommending our Hotel to other travelers. I'm happy to read that you had memorable moments at Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus and enjoyed your time with us. I hope that the rest of your trip was also nice.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future...

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed for 3 or 4 nights in July. It was during Ramadan - So the hotel had a very impressive and delicious buffet outside in the evenings. The food in the hotel in general was very good everywhere we tasted it. The swimming pool was very nice as well.

But in general I was personally quite disappointed, or perhaps not as impressed as I thought I would be. After all it's a Four Seasons and it arguably has the best location in Istanbul. This has mostly to do with the service and staff, as I didn't feel they went the extra mile to make sure we are satisfied as their guests. It's as if you are there or not, doesn't really make a difference! Everyone goes on with their business, and unless you turn to someone yourself, you would never be turned to.

I've been to Istanbul a handful of times now, and I can say that the Four Seasons at the Bosphorus is a good choice, but not the best one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Guy3103
FS_Istanbul, Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guy3103,

Warm greetings from Istanbul! And thank you for sharing some valuable feedback on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. While I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with some aspects of your experience, I am also concerned to read that you were left with a sense of disappointment, as it relates to personal attention.

I would love an opportunity to connect with you personally, the best way being to reach me at my direct work e-mail: christophe.chabaud@fourseasons.com, after which I will reach you directly.

Awaiting to hear from you, kind regards,

Christophe Chabaud