“every time you come back you feel like you came home.”

Witt Istanbul Suites
Ranked #9 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
dubai
“every time you come back you feel like you came home.”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

very friendly and very helpful staff. they know the best retaurants and you can blindly trust them. roomd are clean . design of the rooms is wonderful. I liked the location as well.
am trying to find something I didn't like but there is not..!
I's not for people who are looking for luxury fancy hotels . it's for us who are looking for a quite romantic place to hide. !

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank khammas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
South Coast
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We went for for my partners birthday I let the hotel know that it was a surprise and there was great surprise for us both when we got to the suite there was cake waiting for us

From the pick up from the airport, to the check in at the Hotel, to the room service breakfast, to the advice on where to go to eat was excellent. All of the staff were willing and eager to help.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I normally don't bother writing reviews but an exception has to be made for the Witt Istanbul. We stayed in a City View suite between Christmas and New Year, and it was everything we had hoped for and more.

One of the first things my boyfriend said when we entered the room (gawking) - "If only I had a bachelor pad - this is what I'd want it to look like." Not to say that the room was couple-unfriendly (oh far from it), but the interior design was very modern and stylish, managing to balance between on-trend (think marble surfaces, metal lamps, stainless steel-equipped kitchen island, plasma TV) and elegant (well-placed wooden panelling, leather settee).

Enough people have raved about the bathrooms (six showerheads! Molton Brown heaven!) - we wanted to take a bath after climbing the hill (more on that below), but gladly settled for lack of bath(tub) and had a fantastic shower instead. The suite was very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable (with a stylistic headboard to boot).

The staff are genuinely friendly and impeccable in their service - the receptionist who greeted us spend ages showing us where to go and what to see on a map; a request for an unusual nightcap was dealt with as best as possible by an employee who must have been, as we only later deduced, completely teetotal); incredibly, we were able to order breakfast in as room service - it involved simply ticking off choices on an order card, hanging it outside the room door and voila, breakfast arrived at the time requested in the morning with no additional "room service charge".

The hotel is located in a quiet residential area on a hill, and therefore trying to get to the nearest transport hub involves a bit of an uphill-downhill trek, but not undoable (good exercise!)

All in all, a fantastic experience - we can't imagine staying anywhere else if we do visit Istanbul again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Tuncel, General Manager at Witt Istanbul Suites, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback.
I would like to thank also my teammates who make such an experience possible. Our front office team, Onur, Aykut, Emrah and Can have been doing such a great job making our guests comfortable.
Last but not least, our housekeeping team also play a great role and they are usually the heroes who do not get recognized often. I truly appreciate their effort as well.
We are aware that living up to such high expectations is not easy and we will do our best to maintain this level satisfaction.
New York, NY
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,072 helpful votes
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Trying to describe our stay at the Witt is akin to making a list of superlatives. We recently spent 9 nights in this little heaven of a hotel in the trendy area of Cihangir, a close walk from Istanbul’s center, Taksim Square.

From the moment you step your foot in this hotel, you will feel as if you have arrived home. The hotel is decorated as a warm and inviting place, which it most definitely is. Everything imaginable is thoughtfully provided. The rooms, suites really, are enormous; they are comfortable, clean, luxurious, appointed with every comfort: a divine feather bed; a bathroom that is equipped with a six-head shower and seemingly unlimited goodies from Molton Brown; a kitchen ‘island,’ complete with microwave oven, a Nespresso machine, utensils, and refrigerator; a work area with an iPod dock and hotel-wide free WiFi; and a sitting area with a flat-screen TV and CD/DVD player.

By the lobby, there is a sitting and reading area; one can borrow one of many guides on Istanbul and Turkey; take a book, magazine, or DVD to enjoy in your room; check email on a public iMac; or even borrow an iPad from the reception area for the duration of the stay. This is also where breakfast is served; it is breakfast without confines—you may order eggs as you wish to have them; a second or third fresh-pressed juice. The breakfast buffet is as inspired as the rest of the hotel: yogurt, nuts, fruit, cereals; but also cheese, cold cuts, breads and cakes.

As enthusiastic I sound about the hotel itself and its amenities, words do not suffice to describe the warmth of the hospitality, the kindness and professionalism of the staff, and the eagerness of everyone to be of service. This is no run-of-the-mill hotel service. I happened to have a medical emergency while staying there and I could feel the staff caring for me as if I were family. Emrah, Aykut and Onur who staff the reception area are not only knowledgeable, eager, and courteous professionals; they are also warm and caring friends.

This is more than a boutique hotel; it is more than a luxurious hideout with impeccable service. This is a destination in itself. I was sad to leave the hotel and the staff at the end of my trip, but I have no doubt I will stay there again on my next visit to Istanbul.

4 Thank EANYC
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2011

This is hands down the greatest hotel I have stayed in Istanbul and the only hotel there that I will keep coming back to. I stayed at a Sea View suite, which was larger than a typical Manhattan apartment, with very hip interior design, very spacious with a brilliantly kitted out kitchenette, a lovely sitting area with flat-screen TV, four great French windows, a very comfortable king size bed with goose down duvet, a big wardrobe and a lovely marble bathroom with a fantastic shower unit and Molton Brown toiletries. The rooms are well insulated so that you do not hear neighbouring noise.

There is no room service, which is a great idea for that part of town: At your request, the reception hands you a great array of take-away menus from nearby restaurants and help you with the order. The Management has also brought together a catalogue of recommended restaurants and venues across Istanbul, which is worth checking out if you are not familiar with the town.

The breakfast is fantastic with a vast combination of Turkish and Continental breakfast options. You can also have your breakfast delivered to your room, which is free and a great way of enjoying your room to the fullest.

The location is absolutely stellar, on the quieter lower section of Cihangir, which is one of my favourite locations. Istanbul is my hometown and I love that the hotel is not in the touristy Sultanahmet or the supremely noisy Taksim Square. You can walk up to Taksim in a few minutes and taxis are abundant.

The hotel staff is absolutely brilliant - very courteous, friendly, helpful and quick. Anything you request is fulfilled within minutes.

The photos of the rooms on the web page are honest, therefore what you see is what you get - which has never been the case in my experience so far. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Witt Istanbul and hugely recommend it to anyone who are looking for a truly stellar hotel in that price range.

1 Thank Diamondsgal
Archway
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Wonderful place to stay in Istanbul. The suites are very spacious and comfortable with some great little touches such as free cakes and the option of having breakfast served in your room. The breakfasts are excellent - some days we didn't need lunch. The staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful - on everything from restaurant recommendations and bookings to sightseeing tips and itineraries.
Witt is also in a good location, with shops, cafes and restaurants nearby and many sights within walking distance.
A really special place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Tuncel, General Manager at Witt Istanbul Suites, responded to this review, 9 March 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are trying even more to make our breakfast as local as possible. Most restaurant recommendations are the ones I have been to so there is a great chance that they will be off the beaten track.
los angeles
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My partner, Mark, and I stayed at the Witt at the tail end of February 2011. We just returned tonight, and I am writing immediately to share our experience.

The staff greeted us with genuine smiles from the moment we arrived, and continued to guide us ( when curious ) with places to visit that suited our needs and general "vibe."

They are, in a nutshell, the best team of hotel staff we have ever met.

Breakfast in the morning is excellent, and this is a bonus as the area comes alive late at night. Great to sleep in and wake up to a tasty meal served in a chill, yet upscale environment. Funky music. ;)

Sexy decor in the huge suites. Room 12 has a great view of the Mosques in the distance. SO comfortable. Has the feel of your own, new upscale apartment. Clean and sleek.

In the heart of a funky new area of town with bars, shopping, cute cafes, etc

Gay-friendly which is a bonus for those who are into the bar/club scene as this area is at the heart of it all.

The WITT is THE place. We will DEFINITELY be back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Tuncel, General Manager at Witt Istanbul Suites, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. I agree with you that our location is just as interesting as our hotel. I mean I like the fact that we are not in a tourist trap location and you can breathe the local life in Cihangir.
You have enjoyed our breakfast? We are working hard to bring more locally produced and organic to the table.
Hope to see you in the future.