We just spent four days in Istanbul. It was our first trip to the city and we could not have picked a better place to stay.
1. Location - this is unbeatable. Beyoglü in my view is the most charming quarter of the city, the old town with the markets and the sights has its appeal but what we really liked was just walking the little streets with the small cafes, hidden garden restaurants, antique shops etc. which did not feel that touristy. Great location also for the hip restaurants for dinner, everything is within walking distance Regarding the sights, you can walk (ca. 30 mins. including the charming walk across the Galata bridge), otherwise it is a short taxi or tram ride (direct line taking you to Aya Sofia/Topkapi). The tram station is close to the hotel.
2. Rooms - very spacious and well appointed. If you spend more than just one night it is really nice to have a seating area. The room has a little kitchenette with a Nespresso machine, water kettle and a microwave but with so many great eating options on our doorstep, we did not bother really using this. However it adds to the space and the coffee machine was a nice touch.
3. Staff - they were really helpful and accommodating. For instance on the last day or flight back was only in the late afternoon and as the hotel was not fully booked for the following night, they gave us a late check out until 4 pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Witt Istanbul Suites has an excellent location within walking distance from Istanbul's business district, Istanbul Modern museum and the buzzing bars and boutiques of both Beyoglu and Cihangir. All 15 suites span a generous 60m2. They are popular for long-stay guests as each has a Carrera marble-clad kitchenette with microwave, fridge and Nespresso machine. The super-cool beds with curved headboards and the laptop desks have been especially designed for Witt Istanbul Suites by Autoban. Sheets and towels were also commissioned from Denizli, a famous purveyor of Turkish linen. Cable TV, an excellent DVD collection, ipod docks and a welcome gift of multi-coloured macaroons are indulgent touches. But it's the bathrooms that make these suites really special. The ergonomic Corian sinks with pebble-shaped handles and the cluster of shower-heads that create a cocoon of misty hot water are all from designer Ross Lovegrove's Istanbul collection from Vitra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Witt Istanbul Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Witt Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Witt Hotel Istanbul