“Really impressive hotel”

Witt Istanbul Suites
Ranked #7 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights and absolutely loved it. I was first drawn to the hotel by it's excellent online app which provided so much useful info on Istanbul. I decided to cancel our original res and try the Witt and that was a great decision. What loved:
-enormous rooms, with kitchenette
-fantastic modern decor
-best free breakfast buffet of all the places we stayed in Turkey
-completely accommodating staff. They lent us with an Istanbul TravelKart for trams, ferries, buses upon check in
-location in the super trendy Cihangir neighborhood. Felt like the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Easy walk to great neighborhood restaurants and to the Taksim, Beyoglu areas. Easy walk to the tram to take you to the old town with all the major sites. Tram is clean and completely safe.

The hotel is constructing a rooftop bar which will be great because the views from there are terrific and would add some sorely needed outdoor space.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank TravelsFromHK
There are newer reviews for Witt Istanbul Suites

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at this hotel and the five-star reasons in my original review hold true. I am in the hospitality business and for me, the Witt has something authentic, simple, and genuine in its ambiance and customer service which makes it very accommodating.

Now I know for sure, the next time I make a reservation for the Witt I will arrange my transit so I can add an extra day to my stay if not more.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying for 5 nights in the king panoramic with terrace. The room looked stunning but it was the view that really made it spectacular. We really enjoyed spending time on the terrace at different times during the day. Breakfast, afternoon sun bathing and drinks before going out for the evening. The staff were brilliant and common areas also looked amazing. The only slight niggles ( and mainly because I am a fussy git) is that some of the finishes in the room could have been a little crisper so if you're looking at it from a completely high end design point you may notice this. As mentioned the hill was not good but we survived! The surrounding area was great with a plethora of stylish bars and restaurants largely frequented by locals. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I agree totally with all of the other positive reviews. Everything was great, but the highlight was the staff. Thank you to Volkan, Ali, Cagatay, Ece, Emrah, Mehmet, Aykut, and of course all of the housekeeping staff, and anyone else I'm forgetting to mention. I can't imagine returning to Istanbul and staying anywhere else.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a wonderful, small boutique hotel. It’s centrally located and is around 7min walk from the main road (where the nearest tram stop is) however, do bear in mind it's a rather steep walk up the hill! If you are fit and healthy, then this is a great daily exercise after a hefty but delicious breakfast! The rooms are very spacious and equipped with everything you might need. It's very elegantly furnished and quiet. The best bit however, is the hotel staff. Every single person working at the hotel has gone out of their way to be polite to us, friendly and helpful. Nothing was a problem. I couldn’t praise them enough for making us feel so welcome. The view from the hotel rooftop is simply stunning!

This hotel fully deserves the praise and all the wonderful reviews. Thank you for an unforgettable stay!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel has received some amazing reviews, so I'm hoping to make this one a bit more balanced so people can make an educated decision.

Positives:
- the staff here are absolutely wonderful. I was a difficult guest for them, having changed rooms a couple of times over our stay, and Ali went out of his way to make us as comfortable as possible. Nothing was too much to ask. Other hotels should take a leaf out of their book in terms of how customer service at a boutique hotel should be.
- the penthouse suite (on the 6th floor) was absolutely incredible, as was the king panoramic suite on the 5th floor. The views of the Bosphorous/Golden Horn were magical (see comments on other rooms below).
- All rooms have modern, funky decor designed by Turkish designers Autoban, great rain showers, gorgeous kitchenette and very cool rocking chair.
- I loved the fact that we could have our breakfast in our room at no extra charge. My husband and I were celebrating our first anniversary and it was a lovely, romantic touch that we could just eat our breakfast in bed.

Negatives:
- The king room we were originally booked into (on the 3rd floor) had nice furniture/decor, but was terribly dark and had no views whatsoever. It looked straight out into the adjacent building, and offered zero views other than into someone else's bedroom (they could obviously also see into ours - so we had to keep our curtains shut the whole time, making our room even darker). I felt deceived given that the hotel's website says, "Since the hotel is a corner building, every single room has stunning views." It says that rooms on lower floors "offer views of Istanbul’s vibrant city life" (does this mean into other people's bedrooms?). I had read the assurance of "stunning views" from "every single room" when booking, and therefore decided to book a King Room rather than a King Panoramic (had I known I would have paid more for a higher category room). I brought this to the hotel's attention, and at first they did not agree, then when I showed them the link they changed their position and said that it would clarify it on their website. I have just checked and their website has not been changed. While Ali worked hard to move us into a different room, we were first met with strong resistance and this put a very bitter taste into our mouths.
- The location is just OK. It is a very, very steep walk from the tram and the main street, so I would not recommend it to old people, or anyone with a knee injury or similar. It is about 15 minutes walk from the Galata Tower and Taksim Square, but there are plenty of other hotels that are much closer. There is not too much going on in the neighbourhood near the hotel. Don't be under any illusion that it is in the middle of the hustle and bustle - it feels more like a small apartment building in the outskirts, with a couple of cafes and shops here and there.
- there is very little in the way of facilities here - no restaurant, pool, gym etc. Only a negative because other places of a comparable price will have all of these add ons.

I am still rating this place "good" rather than "average", because if you stay in a King Panoramic, Queen Terrace or Penthouse Suite, and don't mind the steep climb and a decent walk to all the sites, you will have an absolutely fantastic time. The staff do also try very hard to make you comfortable. However if you are only prepared to pay 225 euro a night, and therefore book into a Grand King room, you probably won't be wowed by this place.

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra money and book a King Panoramic, Queen Terrace or King Penthouse Room. Th...
2  Thank nooree
Reviewed 1 August 2014

First I have to thank the wonderful staff of this hotel, especially Ali and Emrah. We landed on Friday and spent two days sightseeing with some great advice from both. By Saturday night my husband took ill. They helped me order food so I didn't need to leave, sent extra water up and made sure we were taken care of. When he wasn't any better by Sunday, they wrote out the symptoms In Turkish so there would be no translation problems. They found me a pharmacy that was open on Sunday and gave me directions to get there. Thankfully by Monday he was better and back on his feet. In the meantime these two guys cancelled and rescheduled everything we had booked which was quite a help.

The staff that runs the breakfast is great! Anything you need or want they will get. The breakfast is nice spread from granola to fruit to eggs to pastries and any kind of beverage you can imagine.

The rooms are very comfortable. There is a fridge, microwave and sink. The couch and sitting area is quite comfy and the bed was a delight after a long day of sightseeing. The bath amenities were awesome! Shampoo and conditioner, creams and scrubs. The rain shower shower head was amazing!

We stayed at this location for seven nights and loved it! Bring your walking shoes as it is at the top of the Italian Hill and it is a hill that you need to walk up from the tram. Convenient location to Taksim square which is about a ten minute walk. Lots of shops, restaurants and fun.

The tram is at the bottom of the hill and it costs 4 Turkish lire per ride. It drops you off at the blue mosque, the grand bazaar and the aya sofya.

There are no complaints with the hotel, the location, the food and especially the staff. A great stay and we will be sure to be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple