“Excellent location, close to the tram station and Galata Tower, however fashionistas be warned it is located on a hill!”

Witt Istanbul Suites
Ranked #7 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We stayed at the witts suites in August. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff especially a gentleman named Murad at the reception desk was extremely helpful and friendly.

The hotel is located within walking distance to the tram station which was excellent as you could visit the important sites like the blue mosque, hagia sophia, topi castle etc. The Galata tower was walking distance as well and a shopping street with cool bars like 360 nearby. There was also a heavy metal place which my partner loved! I was too drunk to care... however be warned the toilets was an issue at this heavy metal place, there was a floor one. Luckily everybody was really friendly and the bar next door were happy to let us use their toilet.

Also went to Reina, it is easy to get in if you have a dinner reservation. It was an experience. The place was gorgeous filled with equally gorgeous women and ugly men! I would recommend really dressing up, it was Gucci Galore,tans and blonde hair fiasco!

The only bad thing about the hotel..... it is on a hill! I travelled with 5 pairs of expensive heels and one pair of flip flops. Was I glad that I had the flip flops! I climbed up or went down by wearing them and then change in to my heels at the bottom of the hill, it was a bit funny! otherwise if you like classy places, this is the place to stay! oh and there was nothing much happening in the hotel itself.

3  Thank LondonCopaCabana
There are newer reviews for Witt Istanbul Suites

Reviewed 15 September 2009

Spent a lovely 2 nights before our cruise. Enjoyed being in Beyoglu, with a tram making Sultanahmet and its blockbuster sights a 15 minute trip. It was quiet in the evenings and convenient to the main walking street for restaurants and nightlife. The only issue we had was the walk uphill from the tram station was quite steep if only 2-3 blocks.

Everyone at the hotel was great. Very helpful with directions and recommendations. The suite was large and comfortable, and we enjoyed the change of pace of ultramodern fixtures and decor.

2  Thank Dennis F
Reviewed 14 September 2009

We had a dreadful trip getting to Istanbul with our airline going out of business and not notifying us. However on arrival at Witt Suites, Istanbul we were greeted warmly and made to feel utterly relaxed and pampered.
Tuncel and Secil, brother and sister owners were wonderful assisted by their great team and we were upgraded to their wonderful penthouse suite with breathtaking views over the Bospherous. We had breakfast served there and the staff were marvellous, accommodating in every way and we felt like we were their number 1 priority!
The suite was a marriage of chic state of the art style and true comfort with a tranquil ambience. Every little detail had been considered to make your stay as perfect as possible. The design was a feast for the eyes. The breakfast was varied, generous, healthy, delicious and well balanced. Something different appeared everyday and the homemade grissini sticks in the lobby and homemade chocolate muffins that appeared everyday in our suite were delicously wicked!
Tuncel and Secil gave great insider tips on arrival so we did not have to spend our short stay finding things out. We went to neighbourhoods we would never have found thanks to them and enjoyed the most we possibly could from our 5 day stay. The restaurants they booked and recommended were spot on and varied. Their staff could not do enough for us and helped in every small way. Secil even made us a little map of a particular neighbourhood with her favourite shops because we wanted to shop and take advantage of the sales. She was great and we are so very grateful. The hotel is set on a hill with outstanding views of the Bospherous and landmarks of Istanbul in an area full of life with lots of coffee shops and great ecclectic boutiques. You are walking distance from Taksim and this could not have been a more perfect trip. In fact we are definitely going back in January as it was so memorable and we are still talking about it.
Thankyou to Tuncel, Secil and their wonderful team for making this trip Bliss - and creating sheer heaven inside the walls of Witt Suites - a contrast to the hectic busy city of Istanbul. We cannot recommend this hotel enough - fantastic value and outstanding service.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lisaberlin
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I booked at the Witt in June for an international conference to be held in Sept based on Trip Advisor reviews. (The official conference hotels were all nondescript , large chains and because I only had limited time to explore Istanbul outside of my meetings, I was looking for something smaller and more personalised.) Beginning with my initial emails to the hotel, I was impressed with their prompt and thorough communications. In addition, their website includes a wealth of information (including videos!) about the area and provides helpful tools (e.g., maps, print instructions in English/Turkish to help the taxi drivers find the hotel) for organizing your journey. Upon arrival, I was so pleased that my initial positive experiences continued throughout the stay. The staff at Witt - especially Murat at reception and Kursad in the cafe area - were extremely patient with questions (eg, directions, recommendations, pronunciation of names, etc.). Starting with the refreshing lemonade at check-in, everyone went out of their way to be helpful and they welcomed you to call them at any time if you received confusing information outside the hotel. The hotel is located in a truly lovely neighborhood - on a small street lined with local cafes and shops. If you walk 5 mins south (down the steeper - but not actually too steep - of the hills described in other reviews), you are at the Tophane tram stop (a great and inexpensive way to avoid the taxi issues described in previous discussions on Istanbul) and just a few more mins to the water. To get to the Lutfi Kirdar Convention Center (LKCC - the site of my meeting) was a very nice 22 min walk north; of which about 12 mins is a gentle hill (definitely NOT steep - I walked it twice daily for 7 days in shoes with 2.5" heels with no problem). To get to the LKCC, you pass through Taksim Square and just adjacent to the Istiklal pedestrian avenue so you have very easy access to all the restaurants, shopping and entertainment you could ever want. You are also quite close to the best baklava and Turkish sweets in the world... at the Karakoy Gulluoglu (don't miss it!). The rooms are quite large by European standards and 2 adults had plenty of room to coexist comfortably. Everything is very clean, sleek and purposeful. After a long, steamy day it's a nice place to relax... and the showers are especially refreshing. My room was fully equipped (microwave, TV, refrigerator, kettle, iPod dock, Nespresso machine, etc) and everything worked very well. When we requested an iron/board to press clothes for the conference, one was provided within 5 minutes. The complimentary breakfast buffet is delicious - a nice combination of fruits, grains, coffee/tea and fresh juice. In contrast to a previous review, I actually enjoyed eating in the well purposed reception... very chic, reminding me of the Library Hotel in New York City. High speed wireless is complimentary (some of my colleagues were paying 20E/day at the big chains) and there is also a computer in the lounge that you can use. The Witt reception area has a book of restaurants (all kinds) that they personally recommend and they offered great advice about seeing the local sites. I was fortunate to have a week of gorgeous weather with rain (and sadly floods in the NW) coming only on the last day - on which I was offered an umbrella by reception. In conclusion, I will definitely be returning (for pleasure!) to Istanbul and I will absolutely book the Witt Istanbul Suites. Witt and it's very kind staff provided an excellent first visit to this beautiful city and I can't imagine that I could find as positive experience for the very reasonable price at any other place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Dixie_in_UK
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Very great hotel, Great suites. Very good service. Excellent value for money. Only to be improved: Fresh juice fruit in breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank jclsm
Tuncel, General Manager at Witt Istanbul Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2009

Another great point raised ( freah fruit juices in breakfast). I also would have wanted the fresh juice (we offer free orange juice already ) if I were a guest. So, note taken . Today: september 11th, 2009. I guess it will be ready to be served in three weeks. Thank you again.
Tuncel TOPRAK

Reviewed 29 August 2009

Hi, I just want to review this property because of the fantastic week we have spent here...
From the early booking in April, everyone at the hotel were attentive and willing to help.
I do not know which hill walked down the friend from Warwıck on the previous review from 27 AUG, but I can promise you From the TRAM TOPHANE left from the hotel It is only 5 mınutes walkıng, 3 of them Hilly... but hey!! Only 3 minutes from exercise do not hurt anyone!! Taksim Square is 15 to 20 minutes walking without leavıng the street to the right.
From the beginning to the end we were greated with lemonade (Incredible taste) and mini Cakes. Suites are exactly as shown on the brochure.
We had a problem with TV, and they solved it Quickly.
Ah!! ORANGE JUICE is no more 4 TL, now it is free offered!! These boys really care about Critics! And You can ask for Amazıng Eggs at breakfast... alone, tomatoes, pastrami.. whatever you want ready cooked!
Let me highlight ONUR, one of the fanstastic boys at the hotel... always with a smile and willing to answer our ''stupid'' questions. DO NOT HESITATE!! GO THERE!

4  Thank redblack24601
Reviewed 27 August 2009

This hotel did not live up to its reputation.The rooms had inadequate lighting,the decor awful,and there was no dining room/breakfast room.We had to eat in the reception area with inadequate room for tables and chairs.The kettle in the room didnt work,and there was no microwave provided as stated in the brocure.It was advertised as being five minutes from the main tram system.This was not correct.It was about 20 minutes away down a very steep hill! The brocure said there would be a hottub on the roof,there wasnt!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
19  Thank goddess115

Well, let me be as least defensive as possible when responding to this negative review: We have no such brochure saying we have a hottub on the roof, I am really surprised to read that...
Secondly we are only 5 minute walk to Tophane Tram Station which is easy to verify by other reviews or googlemap.
I do not know what else to say, today is a sad day!
Tuncel TOPRAK