“Great hotel and staff”

Witt Istanbul Suites
Ranked #5 of 1,181 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This was my third visit to Istanbul and this hotel was my favourite so far. We loved the location and local area: good food options nearby and nice having grocery store and convenience store very close-by. As noted by others, the walk up from the tram stop is very steep but taxis are very reasonable and usually trust-worthy.

The staff were great making us feel very comfortable from beginning to end. The concierge made all of our dinner reservations and was most helpful.

The room (seaview) was great. We had three french balconies with 180 degree views of strait, Old Istanbul (all 3 big mosques, Topkapi..). Air conditioning worked very well and it was viciously hot. Pictures are very accurate and shower was particularly good. So nice to have a larger space to relax in after touring around in the extreme heat.

Had a couple nice meals out - 360 was fine with great views and space & Angelique was one of best dinner experiences we've had anywhere. Food, scenery, crowd, space...all top-notch.

Would definitely stay there again. Nice staying in a funky residential area with so much close-by at night. Room truly was one of best we've had anywhere. Can't think of anything negative to say at all.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank yyzprg
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 25 September 2010

This is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed ! Overall the decor is really nice , the room i stayed was huge with a nice view and 4 little balconies. The location is very nice because you have lots of restaurants , bars and night life very nearby , but the hotel street itself is calm and quiet. What was really fantastic was the staff , they were perfect , starting by the time of the reservation, they quickly answered to me with the confirmation, and airport transfer ( that worked really well by the way.) . Then i asked the concierge to make many reservations for me, and also this was made perfectly, besides his own suggestions that were very interesting. People from breakfast and front desk were extremely helfull, everyday , they call the taxis , explained to all of them were we were going etc... ( because most of the drivers did not speak english ), and above all they are all very nice , very helpfull with a smile on there faces. The hotel make you really feel at home . Definitely would stay again and would recomend to a friend.

2  Thank Architect_SP
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Large suite with lots of storage,very comfortable bed,great duvet and pillows. Excellent staff - very helful and very good advice about every aspect of your stay in Istanbul. Turkish area away from the tourist crowds but easy access to the sights and shopping. Lots of local places to eat. Only drawback, if you are not too fit, is that it is situated half way up a fairly steep hill - 1K up to the main shopping street. Would recommend this hotel without hesitation for anyone visiting Istanbul.

1  Thank boeing787_9
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Terrific hotel and service. Amazing high tech rooms. I loved the bed, the shower, the breakfast and the decor overall. They happily brought ice for my bad knee at all hours and asked how I was every time we went back to the hotel. If I was being picky I would prefer a hairdryer not attached to the bathroom wall. I bet if I'd asked they would have arranged that too! Overall it's high quality at a great cost and in a good neighbourhood for nightlife.

• Stayed: September 2010
3  Thank Cyclesforcakes
Reviewed 15 September 2010

My teenage daughter and I stayed at the Witt for the second time in August. It was a special birthday gift for her as we loved it so much the first time. We do not often return to places as there are so many to visit around the world but I am already planning my third visit for December. This hotel offers a stylish sleek environment that does not lose the cosy personal feel in the process. The staff are outstanding, helpful, informative and always on hand to help out with anything. The owners Secil and Tuncel are delightful and really brilliant at making suggestions on where to go and what to do without being intrusive. The breakfast is varied and delicious and a great start to the day in this incredible city and the suite we had was unbelievably spacious, stylish and a pleasure to return to at the end of each hectic packed day. I would not stay anywhere else even if you paid me! The price of the rooms are incredibly good value and you won't find better anywhere. The area is a hip happening place if you walk up a little hill for about 5 minutes and this is great when you have picky teenagers. Every little detail is carefully thought out to make the stay of the guest more comfortable and more memorable. I can't wait to return.....we are counting the days. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation......it is a calm oasis of tranquility and style in a buzzing city that stays awake 24 hours!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank MarrakchiaBritgirl
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Our room on the third floor had 4 windows and a view. The room was huge, well appointed and extremely comfortable. Breakfast in the lobby is delicious, with a good buffet selection, freshly squeezed oj, and even eggs cooked to order if you wish. Everyone on the staff is extremely helpfpul. Aykut speaks excellent English and seemed to always be there, but all the staff is superb. If they call a cab for you, they walk out and give the driver directions. They are happy to call for your restaurant reservations.
I love boutique hotels, and this is a gem among them. I like being in an area away from the tourists and noise. The hotel has one weakness, and that is the very steep walk from the tram to the hotel. While we found it very easy to go down, the climb at the end of a day of touring was challenging. We should have taken cabs back to eliminate the problem, as they are reasonably priced. We were so happy to stay there, I would recommend it highly if you get around the steep streets issue.

2  Thank springtravel2006
Reviewed 6 September 2010

The layout and the view of the room is not as good as expected. The sea-view suite we got did not look like the one on their official web page (Maybe we got an "inferior" sea view suite.). One of the window was completely blocked by another building, and the arrangement of the other window was not ideal either (please refer to the photos). I need to walk toward the other window in order to see the view. While resting on the sofa or bed, I always saw the window that was blocked. Also, the location of the hotel is not ideal. The steep slope that everyone was complaining about is really steep. One day we hopped on a cab and showed him the name card that the hotel prepared for us, but the driver still could not find the right direction to the hotel. We had to instruct the driver and then got off once we could recognize the street (There were a lot of one-ways in that area).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank breeze1024
Tuncel, General Manager at Witt Istanbul Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2010

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay.
The sea view suite as you have mentioned has two ceiling to floor large windows that can be opened. One of the windows is as you have pictured but the other window has a perfect view of the sea and the old town. I wish you had taken the picture from the other window as well but thank you for mentioning that it has the sea view as promised.
There is a steep slope indeed about 100 meters but it is what makes the view possible.
Also for the taxis, we have printed out the cards that have a map of the location as you have mentioned. The map is supposed to help the taxis to find us easier. We are just 700 meters from Taksim Square and we are located on the main street that connects Taksim Square with the Karakoy Harbor. Therefore, I would doubt the intentions of the taxis if they can not find us with the map provided. They have a habit of pretending not to know the area and go around for a while in order to charge the guests more.
Anyway, thank you for staying with us and I hope I could clarify your points.
Best regards