“Great hostel with fantastic roof top views ”

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel
Ranked #38 of 1,248 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Great location with beautiful roof top views of the city. This hostel is clean, the food is fantastic and the staff will go out of their way to make you feel welcome and help you navigate your way around the city. I stayed in a female only dorm and met some great people. The hostel has free wifi, lockers, basically everything you need whilst on your travels. If you're in Istanbul stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rebecca N
mehmet b, Genel Müdür at Big Apple Hostel & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

My dearest guest, I am Mehmet,the Manager of the hostel , I would like to thank you for your review about big apple hostel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments. we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in big apple hostel when you come back to Istanbul. Warm regards from Istanbul

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The place is very nice, clean and modern. The breakfast is just great and the staff is awesome and friendly. There is no better location to visit the best attractions of Istanbul. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Nice, modern hostel close to the Blue Mosque Was quite a nice modern hostel. Just stayed there one night, they had scaffolding up on the outside of the building so assume maybe painting it? Bathroom and Room facilities were nice, modern, and clean. They have a rooftop bar but it was all closed up when I was there. The hostel directly opposite did have a really nice rooftop bar though. Only a short walk to the Blue Mosque and around the corner from a number of bars and restaurants. Good location. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here for a week. 5-10 minutes from the Blue Mosque, Ayasofia, and the Metro station. It was very convenient.

There are convenience stores and a nice cafe right off the block, where I would grab a Turkish coffee every day before heading out. Several touristy restaurants nearby for convenient dining if you need.

The breakfast in the Hostel is great and the terrace has a superb view.

But the best part of the experience are the staff - Enver and the rest are friendly, helpful, and make sure that it is a secure, safe environment.

Love this hostel, and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2014

With only 14 hours in Istanbul, I wanted to be close to the sights. I arrived at 3am and Enver was super helpful and welcoming. My room was clean, I slept really well, free breakfast was awesome. The hostel even kept my luggage all day while I went around the city exploring. When needign to get back to the airport they hailed a cab for me and I was out. Easy, stress free and lovely 14 hours in Istanbul. thanks to BAH!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2014

When I came this hostel first time early morning , stuff was so helpfull and helped me so much.Hostel was clean and quite. It has also teras with magnificient city view and while you are drinking your beer, you can watch bosphorus with turkish music.
Best hostel in Istanbul, suggest everyone who looks safe,clean place and at the same time a lot of fun.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hostel is best. They have perfect breakfast everyday at beautiful place where you can see Istanbul from the terrace. And all stuffs there are really nice and helpful. They helped us to make a trip to cappadocia and let us leave our big laggege there for free. The location is really good for sightseeing and safe around there. I really reccomend you to stay here if you go to Istanbul :)
完璧な朝ごはんと優しいスタッフで最高のホステルです。立地もとてもよく、ブルーモスク、アヤソフィアにすぐいけます。ぜひイスタンブールに行かれる際はこのホステルをご利用ください!おすすめです^_^

• Stayed: February 2014