“Excellent Hostel”

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel
Ranked #39 of 1,246 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recently stayed here with a group of friends for 4 nights and I must say the Big Apple is the nicest hostel I have been too. The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, the breakfast was amazing, and the rooms were cleaned regularly. If I go back to Istanbul, I will not think twice about staying in this hostel.
Also, the location is great, lots of nice restaurants and shops nearby, The hostel has a nice rooftop where we had breakfast and chilled in the evenings. I simply cannot sing its praise enough!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
mehmet b, Genel Müdür at Big Apple Hostel & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

My dearest guest, I am Mehmet,the Manager of the hostel , I would like to thank you for your review about big apple hostel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments. we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in big apple hostel when you come back to Istanbul. Warm regards from Istanbul

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here with a group of 6 people for 3 nights. This is the nicest hostel that I've ever been to - the rooftop area is awesome!! The breakfast is absolutely amazing, and the staff is super friendly and helpful. The only downside is that there are a lot of single rooms and not really a central hang out space so it might be hard to meet people if you're traveling alone.

Also the location is absolutely perfect!!! It is on a really cute street and even closer to the Blue Mosque than I expected.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
mehmet b, Genel Müdür at Big Apple Hostel & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Reviewed 27 June 2014

These comments come from a 75 country explorer and tourism professional. 'Big Apple' is an awesome choice for Istanbul. Its location in Sultanahmet is ideal.. just steps away from dozens of restaurants, and all the famous mosques and sites and tram. The staff are so very kind, helpful, respectful and welcoming. Kuddos to Mehmet and Enver... two of the nicest people you'll meet in Istanbul. Breakfast is plentiful and with a gorgeous deck with views. Can easily arrange airport transfers.

Shared bathroom / shower is small.
Really need one additional toilet and shower for dorm use.

Room Tip: Shared bathroom is not located on every floor, so perhaps plan accordingly.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
mehmet b, Yönetici at Big Apple Hostel & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

My dearest guest, I am Mehmet & Enver ı,the Manager of the hostel , I would like to thank you for your review about big apple hostel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments. we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in big apple hostel when you come back to Istanbul. Warm regards from Istanbul

Reviewed 10 June 2014

A friend and I were travelling to Istanbul for a week holiday. On arrival the staff were welcoming and acomodating. Despite myself arriving at 1am, they allocated me a private room at no extra cost to avoid upsetting other guests.
They were knowledgable about the area and even helped us book trips to Cappadocia (a must see). The facilities were clean and up to a exellent standard. The location is second to none. With the Blue mosque a stroll away. Cannot recommend this hostel enough. Ideal for backpackers, couples, solo travellers and even familes.
Thanks alot for the memories guys.

Regards Michael (the doctor)

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go for a private room if travelling with a friend. However if solo traveller...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
mehmet b, Genel Müdür at Big Apple Hostel & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Big Apple is a great little hostel. Great area, helpful staff, clean rooms, great bathrooms. Amazing breakfast! Biggest breakfast I've seen by far. We were in a mixed dorm of 6 for 3 nights and had a great stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My friends and I really enjoyed our stay at the hostel! We booked through hostelworld.com originally for 3 nights consecutively. However we changed our plans last minute on our arrival to Istanbul as we have booked a tour for Cappadocia. We told the staff our plans and they happily changed the dates of our stay and even let us keep some luggages at the hostel whilst we went to Cappadocia. The hostel is in a great location around 5-8 minutes walk to the Blue Mosque and other attractions. Many restaurants around.

We stayed in a triplet room. It's well maintained and very clean. The room's space is adequate for 3 people and the toilet was a good size also.

You can have breakfast at the hostel's rooftop. The food is very basic but good enough to get you started for the day plus the amazing view compromised! They also do shisha there for 15lira.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and had a really good time. Although we didn't do that much with other guest, the staff were super friendly and the breakfast buffet is quite nice. It had a roof terrace but no particularly spectacular views..
Really close to the mosques and the tram station, as well as a nice street with loads of (tourist) cafés.
The rooms towards the street can be quite noisy, but otherwise the rooms were good and tidied every day!
Would recommend it and go here again! Thanks

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends