“Only at Titanic City Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Titanic City Hotel

Titanic City Hotel
Ranked #182 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Beirut, Lebanon
“Only at Titanic City Hotel!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

4th year in a row and here again booking only in Titanic City.
I was really happy returning to Titanic especially after the horrible hotel I was staying at in Marmaris!
I just love everything about this hotel. When I first arrived I asked for a connected room since I was traveling with my mom, daughter, sister and my niece. It was not available but they promised to give us one the second day. My sister's room was on the 10th floor and mine was on the 4th. When I told the reception what a bad experience I lived in this marmaris hotel, he automatically told me not to worry and will make my stay a very wonderful one, he changed my sister's room and got her one next to mine!
The second day we checked out from our rooms, took our delicious breakfast in the Alesta and went out. When we got back, our connected rooms were ready with our bags in it.
They are very professional and very helpful, they also helped me prepare for my mom's surprise small little party and guided me where to buy the best birthday cake.
Everything is just perfect in this hotel, they really made my vacation.
They are very loyal to their costumers.
To all the crew working in this beautiful, second home hotel, thank you so much for making my vacation perfect.

My advice to the travelers, do book in Titanic City they get better and better each year.
I do not regret any of the 4 years reservation.
You can also check my previous review about this hotel for the past 4 years if you need to learn more about Titanic City.
Enjoy your vacation :)

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing location next to Taksim Square. Very helpfull and friendly staff with excellent English & Arabic.

Only problem was that getting into the bath tub is very difficult. You need to step over some 65cm to have a shower. For elderly people it's almost impossible.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank atillagene
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is situated in Taksim, close to Taksim square, which is in the new city and the commercial hub. We wanted to stay in this area as opposed to the Sultanahmet because this is where all the nightlife is and it has easy access to the Sultanahmet for all the sightseeing attractions. The hotel was stylish and clean. Our room was very nice, with an amazing shower and the only negative I had was the view looked out the back of the hotel over what looked like a slum area. The hotel was close to many nice cafes and restaurants and the major shopping street off Taksim Square. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the brakfast buffet was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel. We had a room facing the back of the hotel and it look...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelstar22
Santa Barbara
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with a tour group and loved the hotel. Great location near Taksim Square and Subway with lots of cafes and restaurants near. Room was large and nice but as others noted-no view but we were not in room very long. Nice breakfast buffet.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SantaBarbTravelers
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The house keepers failed to put tissue and towels for two days in a row we had to always call reception and ask for it.
Some of the staff were rude and refusing to believe us as they just wanted to support their own people and keep them out of trouble.

The hotel Taxi's were ripping us off big time. we travelled from the hotel for 5 minutes and the cab meter was up to 65TL and when we questioned this they got aggressive and started talking in Turkish so we wouldn't understand.

When we spoke the manager he didn't know english. it was difficult to communicate our issues.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mirnaa A
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here three nights as part of a tour group. It is only a few blocks from Taksim square. Walking there, you will encounter some very aggressive cafe owners wanting you to eat at their place even if you tell them you already ate. The hotel itself has a very good breakfast buffet. The room and bathroom sizes are bigger than most European hotels. English was spoken by front desk staff but not so much by everyone else. The temperature in Istanbul was in the low '70s so I don't know how well the air conditioning units work. We had no view from our windows other than facing a wall, a minor disappointment.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in two hotels in Istanbul - a small boutique hotel in the heart of the old city (Sultanahmet) and then the Titanic City Hotel in near Taksim Square. This gave us an immediate context for comparing the Titanic to other hotels.

Overall, the room in the Titanic was nicer - size, bathroom, amenities. AND we paid less for it than than in Sultanahmet. On first impression, we were more impressed with the Titanic.

However, it quickly became obvious that this is a hotel MAINLY for tour groups. What that means is that the staff are not overly warm or friendly to individual travelers. We got nowhere near the attention at the Titanic that we got at the boutique hotel.

In addition, the hotel is much further from most sights that you will want to visit, though it is not far from the metro (which is a plus). If you want to be in Beyoglu, it's a great place to stay.

Just be aware that many tour groups will be coming and going daily. If you are traveling alone, you will get a good room for your money, but just not great service. We had friends on a tour (that's why we booked the hotel) and observed that our own room (booked privately) was bigger and nicer than their tour group-booked room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple