“They are thieves.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Uskudar
los angeles
“They are thieves.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

If you don't speak turkish, make sure they tell you the price up front. They brought me a bill for $300.00 for a piece of fish and two side dishes. 500.00tl. There are no prices on the menu. Avoid at all costs. This one experience completely ruined my trip to turkey. Thank you kordon for giving turkey a bad name.

Visited March 2011
4 Thank turkeyLovesurMoney

• Turkish first
Athens
“Freshest fish, great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2008

My husband and I were in Istanbul in mid-November, 2008, staying at Sumahan-on-the-Water, and decided to try the Kordon restaurant next door one evening.

The view of Istanbul across the water at night is, of course, magnificent. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive. The ambience, therefore, was quite wonderful.

Okay, so how was the food?
I usually avoid fish in a restaurant because I live in a house by the sea and am accustomed to eating fish that has gone straight from the water to the stove. But the Kordon is a seafood restaurant, so of course, I ordered fish. I definitely know fresh fish -- this was definitely fresh fish!

The appetizers beforehand were very good but what really impressed me was the presentation on my plate -- everything was as lovely to look at as it was tasty to devour.

One thing about seafood is that it often is light enough fare to leave room for dessert -- thankfully, because dessert here is delicious, especially the chocolate soufle.

3 Thank KathyinAthens