“Excellent boutique hotel in the centre of Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eski Konak Hotel

Eski Konak Hotel
Ranked #423 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Excellent boutique hotel in the centre of Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I had an excellent time at the hotel.

Hotel is ideally positioned 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque yet in a quiet street. The rooms with en suite bathrooms are clean and have everything necessary for a great stay. Breakfast is included and served on the to of the hotel with breathtaking views.

The owner and the staff are very friendly. I was pregnant at the time and they made sure I have the best room and not too many stairs to climb :)

I would and have recommended this hotel to everyone seeking peaceful friendly stay in the centre of Istanbul.

Room Tip: Just ask the owner as I did and she will make sure you have the best available room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above revieuw about our hotel.I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a verry good stay with us.
We are looking forward to see you at our hotel on your next holdays

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Veszprem, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff was very kind, they helped in everything. The room was clean, neat and quiet. The breakfast was good too, and it's view to the Marmara on the terrace during breakfast is georgeous. I can only recommend this Eski Konak Hotel. :) The restaurant under the hotel is great too, we ate fish there, the waiters are very kind the prices are affordable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Ljubljana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel.
The hotel is located close to lots of attractions: the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, so it offers a perfect starting point for sight-seeing.
It is wise to reserve a "standard room", since the "economy room" might get you into one very small room with a window showing dirty dishes from the nearby restaurant (so, no view from the only window in the room), but we were told this should be solved in the near future. But, this was arranged with no problem, as the next day we got another room, which was close to perfect. Still the economy room, but bigger, with two windows, street-side view, much more comfort, very clean and this really improved our impression of the hotel.
Staff in the hotel was very friendly and helpful, especially Ms. Sophia has been very kind giving us all kind of advice during our stay. As for food, hotel only offers breakfast, but the selection of food is very good and fresh and since there are so many restaurants around the hotel, there is no problem for lunches, dinners ... Breakfast is served on the hotel terase, which offers perfect view over the Marmara Sea. If you wish for a coffe or a tea, you can also get that at the hotel at any time, served on the terase.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: As already mentioned, it is wise to reserve a "standard room", since the "economy roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank J P
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Best in all aspects... Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Room condition was good and clean. Bathroom condition was working very well (toilet, water heater & hair dryer). Foods for breakfast was good with great view of the marmara sea... Hotel location was very strategic which in walking distance at the magnificent tourist place of sultanahmet area (blue mosque, hagia sophia & topkapi palace). The location of tramp station was also very near which can easily take us to another place in just few minutes. We would definitely come here again if possible in the future...

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Met_KH
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

In a sea of hotels in the Sultanahmet area (I have stayed in others) the staff at Eski Konak are truly outstanding. They are warm, polite, and helpful. I was greeted by name each morning at breakfast (the breakfast is wonderful) and they are extremely helpful with tips on where to go and when in the area. English, Turkish and Dutch are all spoken (maybe other languages too). The view from the roof terrace, where breakfast is served each day, looks over the Maramara Sea and is very calming. The rooms are very clean. The hotel is a little tired in some places but well kept. There is no elevator if that is a problem for some climbing narrow stairs to the terrace. The rooms are different sizes so make sure you review them before selecting. I will be returning to this hotel again. There is a restaurant that adjoins on the street level that gives 10% off for hotel guests.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back of the hotel, which avoids any street sounds.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TroutGoat
EskiKonakHotel, General Manager at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

A great base for a short stay in Istanbul. Superbly situated just off Suleyman square on a quiet street of restaurants, yet very close to the tram and the wonders of the Blue Mosque, Aghia Sophia and Topkapi palace etc. Efficient, helpful welcome at reception from Sofia. We liked the friendly family atmosphere. Double room rather small but the triple just right - both very clean. What we loved most was enjoying the delicious and generous buffet breakfast on the rooftop terrace overlooking the Bosphorus - it was superb. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to return. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Double room at the back seemed very small and noisy next to the restaurant kitchen below- for an ext...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Julia C
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very friendly and well located for all the major sites and the main tram route. Room was well presented and quiet. The thing that we loved most was the view from the roof top where we had our enormous breakfast.

Room Tip: standard rooms at back are quite small, triples also at back more roomy
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Charles C
EskiKonakHotel, Manager at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014