“Wonderful people and wonderful view”
Review of Eski Konak Hotel

Eski Konak Hotel
Ranked #436 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed five nights, two nights in room 201 and three nights in the ground floor room.

Firstly, Sofia, Dinar (?), and the other staff are marvelous. So warm and loving. We arrived very early after a 12 hour flight, and I was sick with a bad cold, and they took great care of me, offering tea and giving us a great room overlooking the street even though we were too early to check in. It was exactly what I needed.

The breakfast is the best breakfast we have had after 7 months of travelling, hands down.

The location is in a great area of Sultanamet -- easy walking to everywhere. The only downside is the restaurants can be very aggressive and pushy trying to get you into their place.

We can't recommend this hotel enough. We miss everyone already.

The 2nd floor room was great, the 1st floor room at the back (which we booked, fair enough) was very small. We are two small people with not a lot of luggage but it was very cramped.

Room Tip: Suggest avoiding the 1st floor room if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank tonyalasagna
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above revieuw about our hotel.I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a verry good stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Eski Konak Hotel

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location of this hotel was excellent for exploring Istanbul old town, the main tourist attractions and the main shopping areas. All of the staff were helpful and efficient at all times, going out of their way to ensure our stay was fully satisfied. Breakfast consisted of a variety of local dishes and plentiful fresh fruit and was served on a delightful roof terrace with great views over the sea. The location is excellent with a large choice of adjacent restaurants and a small shop below the hotel selling groceries etc. Just awesome!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank XopherYork
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I made a reservation for 5 nights at this hotel and was very pleased by their service. The rooms are not very large, but I was only one person and spent most of my day outside exploring the city, so I didn't need much beyond sleep & showering. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, including the owner who gave me some tips about touring the city. The location of the hotel is ideally situated about a 5 - 10 minute walk away from the major tourist attractions in Sultanahmet (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, etc.). If I could stay here again, I would. I felt that I got my money's worth.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I had an excellent time at the hotel.

Hotel is ideally positioned 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque yet in a quiet street. The rooms with en suite bathrooms are clean and have everything necessary for a great stay. Breakfast is included and served on the to of the hotel with breathtaking views.

The owner and the staff are very friendly. I was pregnant at the time and they made sure I have the best room and not too many stairs to climb :)

I would and have recommended this hotel to everyone seeking peaceful friendly stay in the centre of Istanbul.

Room Tip: Just ask the owner as I did and she will make sure you have the best available room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff was very kind, they helped in everything. The room was clean, neat and quiet. The breakfast was good too, and it's view to the Marmara on the terrace during breakfast is georgeous. I can only recommend this Eski Konak Hotel. :) The restaurant under the hotel is great too, we ate fish there, the waiters are very kind the prices are affordable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel.
The hotel is located close to lots of attractions: the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, so it offers a perfect starting point for sight-seeing.
It is wise to reserve a "standard room", since the "economy room" might get you into one very small room with a window showing dirty dishes from the nearby restaurant (so, no view from the only window in the room), but we were told this should be solved in the near future. But, this was arranged with no problem, as the next day we got another room, which was close to perfect. Still the economy room, but bigger, with two windows, street-side view, much more comfort, very clean and this really improved our impression of the hotel.
Staff in the hotel was very friendly and helpful, especially Ms. Sophia has been very kind giving us all kind of advice during our stay. As for food, hotel only offers breakfast, but the selection of food is very good and fresh and since there are so many restaurants around the hotel, there is no problem for lunches, dinners ... Breakfast is served on the hotel terase, which offers perfect view over the Marmara Sea. If you wish for a coffe or a tea, you can also get that at the hotel at any time, served on the terase.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: As already mentioned, it is wise to reserve a "standard room", since the "economy roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank J P
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Best in all aspects... Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Room condition was good and clean. Bathroom condition was working very well (toilet, water heater & hair dryer). Foods for breakfast was good with great view of the marmara sea... Hotel location was very strategic which in walking distance at the magnificent tourist place of sultanahmet area (blue mosque, hagia sophia & topkapi palace). The location of tramp station was also very near which can easily take us to another place in just few minutes. We would definitely come here again if possible in the future...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family