“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #374 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Eskimo Konak is in the perfecto cation to easily access the best of Istanbul. The breakfast buffet was superb as is the terrace view out over the Sea of Marmara. The staff was outstanding, always pleasant and very helpful in offering advice on what to see. I want to come back to Istanbul and will plan to stay again at Eski Konak Hotel.

Room Tip: The economy room is very small, better to book a three person room even for a couple.
2 Thank Ken260
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above revieuw about our hotel.I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a verry good stay with us.
We are looking forward to see you at our hotel on your next holdays

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed five nights, two nights in room 201 and three nights in the ground floor room.

Firstly, Sofia, Dinar (?), and the other staff are marvelous. So warm and loving. We arrived very early after a 12 hour flight, and I was sick with a bad cold, and they took great care of me, offering tea and giving us a great room overlooking the street even though we were too early to check in. It was exactly what I needed.

The breakfast is the best breakfast we have had after 7 months of travelling, hands down.

The location is in a great area of Sultanamet -- easy walking to everywhere. The only downside is the restaurants can be very aggressive and pushy trying to get you into their place.

We can't recommend this hotel enough. We miss everyone already.

The 2nd floor room was great, the 1st floor room at the back (which we booked, fair enough) was very small. We are two small people with not a lot of luggage but it was very cramped.

Room Tip: Suggest avoiding the 1st floor room if you can afford it.
8 Thank tonyalasagna
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location of this hotel was excellent for exploring Istanbul old town, the main tourist attractions and the main shopping areas. All of the staff were helpful and efficient at all times, going out of their way to ensure our stay was fully satisfied. Breakfast consisted of a variety of local dishes and plentiful fresh fruit and was served on a delightful roof terrace with great views over the sea. The location is excellent with a large choice of adjacent restaurants and a small shop below the hotel selling groceries etc. Just awesome!

2 Thank XopherYork
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I made a reservation for 5 nights at this hotel and was very pleased by their service. The rooms are not very large, but I was only one person and spent most of my day outside exploring the city, so I didn't need much beyond sleep & showering. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, including the owner who gave me some tips about touring the city. The location of the hotel is ideally situated about a 5 - 10 minute walk away from the major tourist attractions in Sultanahmet (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, etc.). If I could stay here again, I would. I felt that I got my money's worth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I had an excellent time at the hotel.

Hotel is ideally positioned 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque yet in a quiet street. The rooms with en suite bathrooms are clean and have everything necessary for a great stay. Breakfast is included and served on the to of the hotel with breathtaking views.

The owner and the staff are very friendly. I was pregnant at the time and they made sure I have the best room and not too many stairs to climb :)

I would and have recommended this hotel to everyone seeking peaceful friendly stay in the centre of Istanbul.

Room Tip: Just ask the owner as I did and she will make sure you have the best available room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Veszprem, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff was very kind, they helped in everything. The room was clean, neat and quiet. The breakfast was good too, and it's view to the Marmara on the terrace during breakfast is georgeous. I can only recommend this Eski Konak Hotel. :) The restaurant under the hotel is great too, we ate fish there, the waiters are very kind the prices are affordable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Ljubljana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel.
The hotel is located close to lots of attractions: the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, so it offers a perfect starting point for sight-seeing.
It is wise to reserve a "standard room", since the "economy room" might get you into one very small room with a window showing dirty dishes from the nearby restaurant (so, no view from the only window in the room), but we were told this should be solved in the near future. But, this was arranged with no problem, as the next day we got another room, which was close to perfect. Still the economy room, but bigger, with two windows, street-side view, much more comfort, very clean and this really improved our impression of the hotel.
Staff in the hotel was very friendly and helpful, especially Ms. Sophia has been very kind giving us all kind of advice during our stay. As for food, hotel only offers breakfast, but the selection of food is very good and fresh and since there are so many restaurants around the hotel, there is no problem for lunches, dinners ... Breakfast is served on the hotel terase, which offers perfect view over the Marmara Sea. If you wish for a coffe or a tea, you can also get that at the hotel at any time, served on the terase.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: As already mentioned, it is wise to reserve a "standard room", since the "economy roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank J P
EskiKonakHotel, Genel Müdür at Eski Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014