“Great location, outstanding service & excellent value”
Review of Ocean's 7 Hotel

Ocean's 7 Hotel
Ranked #595 of 1,181 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I was on a family vacation with my wife and 2 kids (4 & 6). I made a shuttle arrangement through the hotel which went flawless. The driver was waiting for us at the airport. Upon arrival the receptionist had couple of bell boys fetch our luggage and dropped it in our room. I would say the room size was small but in looking at the other hotels around this area I would imagine it would be the case with most hotels. In my stay around the Europe I have found this to be the trend. In any case the room had a small TV and a fridge that was stacked with bottled water. The bedding was clean and the beds were comfortable. Bathroom had a stand-up shower and everything was super clean. Our package included breakfast so in the morning we went up to the patio and had breakfast buffet. The breakfast was mostly Turkish cuisine and everything tasted great. The view from the patio was great as it overlooked the Sea of Marmara (view was obstructed by some buildings so do not expect water front property). The staff was super pleasant and helpful throughout the stay (I stayed 4 days & 3 nights) and was available 24 x 7. They were also very helpful in identifying places to eat and see and arrange transportation as needed. The hotel had free WiFi which was sluggish at times but was adequate enough for browsing. The location is 5-10 mins walk away from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia & Topkapi Palace. If you are travelling with little children who do not like walking or just learned to walk I would highly recommend taking a stroller with big wheels as all roads are made of bricks. The hotel is situated in the heart of old Istanbul and there are tons of food options as soon as you step out of the hotel. The hotel owners also own a restaurant which is next street over and the food was delicious.

In short I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay on a low budget with excellent quality & service.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have an elevator so if you are taking a lot of luggage or need special assistance...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aahmed79

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The good: The price, free breakfast, and great location, very friendly staff that speaks english.

The bad: No elevator. I asked for a wakeup call and it was 25 minutes late and I was catching a ride to the airport. I was pressured into taking tour and eating at restaurants that were affiliated with the hotel which was quite unprofessional. I asked for no maid service and my room was made up.

Word to the wise. There are many many many hotels in Istanbul. If you do your research you could find cheaper. However this was a good price and good value. Would not stay here again just to do a variety.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I was there for 5 days, I really enjoyed the stay, the receptionist is a really good guy, and all the things was easy with him, the location is perfect, I could access to all the touristic places walking, and the views from the breakfast place are great we can see the sea

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed here for a few days in december 2012. If I could give 3.5 stars I would. Good location just a few blocks from the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Rooms are large and comfortable. The bed is one of the largest beds I've ever slept in. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall a solid place to stay. I had some issues with my bathroom when I checked in hence the ding in my review.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My husband and I have always wanted to see Istanbul we booked a room at the Hotel Oceans 7 for 4 days. It cost us $460.00. The room included free wireless internet and a wonderful breakfast buffet on the terrace. We were able to walk to the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace. There are no elevators but we had no trouble getting to our room the staff was very helpful in helping with luggage and Serkan, gave us tips for so many places to see. Using the shuttle bus was very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tabitha M
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The location is perfect - within walking distance of the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, and the castle. The service was very friendly. When we had a problem with the touring company we booked with, they quickly came to the rescue. What a relief to have people on your side when things went wrong! The room was simple, but clean, and the price was fair. The breakfast on the terrace was abundant.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sgalasse
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This small hotel is truly a hidden gem in the Sultanahmet of Istanbul. Walking distance to Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia. 100% customer oriented. Rooms are small, but very clean. Unqualified recommendation

Room Tip: No elevator, so lower rooms are a bit more desirable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends