“Enjoyed Our Stay”

Ranked #364 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Annandale, Virginia
“Enjoyed Our Stay”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel is very centrally located. The rooms are adequate and clean, but could use a little scrubbing. The daily breakfast was delicious and served outside on the lovely terrace with geraniums blooming everywhere. The staff all spoke English and especially helpful were the two Ismails and Mahmoud at the front desk and Kostel in the restaurant. Not every taxi driver can find the location easily so be sure you have the phone number with you. It is a very quick walk to all the main sights and public transportation. We stayed there when we landed in Istanbul and then again two weeks later when we left from Istanbul. We enjoyed our stay and the lovely people at the Anadolu Hotel. It is a great value in an otherwise expensive city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My first impressions was worrying but as I entered I was really content with customer service. The chap at reception ISMAEEL was really helpful allowed me to choose which room I wanted. I checked in and as promised ISMAEEL got me a map and showed me easiest way around istanbul. The room was simple but done the job and great value for money. Breakfast excellent too but same thing everyday which was not a problem for the price I paid. Salami, boiled eggs selection of cheese and lettuce cucumbers tomatoes! Very good location 3 minute walk to bacilla, 5 to Ayasophoai and Blue mosque. The Sultan Ahmet tram stop is not far away just round the corner! Loads of eating out places just a stone throw away. Tram system works well and connects you to East in just under 10minutes.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Zaheer k
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed in March. Clean room, nice staff, good breakfast. Really nice view from the balcony. Most important - very close to all main museums and attractions. It was difficult to find the hotel first time.

Good value for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank murzilkin
Palmela
Reviewed 25 May 2014

It is located at a walking distance from the main touristical spots, such as Aya Sophia, the Blue Bosque or the Basilic Cistern. The cost of accommodation is very good, if we consider its proximity to thee historical centre.
Staff is nice and very helpful.
Breakfast is okay.
However, rooms are small and do not take heavy luggage with you, as there are no elevators. Some more comfort could be provided in the rooms and bathrooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I spent in Anadolu 4 nights between 18 and 22 May 2014. First we were given a room in a building across the street but we did not like this room so they gave us room in main building and it was much, much better (thanks for this!). Of course location is just the biggest advantage, close to main attraction but nicely hidden from the noise and crowd. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was much better than it appears from photos (really good). I would recommend Anadolu to friend and I will definitely come back. Tomasz from Warsaw

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed in Anadolu hotel for 4 nights and the experience was absolutely marvelous..
Mahmut, the reception who helped me so as to check in hotel ,providing me free of cost maps and refreshments and assisting me endlessly and I got information about location and where I may visit ,he also gave me hotel’s business card in case I got lost somewhere.The other two members were no less.The staff at this hotel are so kind, helpful and they are always ready to help about whatever requests you may ask !

The place is extremely clean (the sheets felt new every day, speck-less white) and the washroom was also cleaned to perfection on a daily basis. The washroom for my room was good enough.. There are a number of room options so check before booking.
The complementary breakfast was a good every day including, two kinds of juice, fresh bread, fruits, eggs, cake, snacks, tea and coffee (spread, honey, butter and jam). To have a breakfast in the restaurant at garden with flowers was great !

Anadolu hotel has a terrace with amazing sea view and also has a lovely green garden full of flowers! You can have sit to drink a cup coffe in these two places

The location of hotel was perfeclt fine . There's just an uphill walk of 2 minutes to get to majority of the sights such as hagia sophia,blue mosque,hipodrom,basilicia !

Various restaurants are available on the way to the hotel which are open till late.

It is highly recommended to people who don't want to spend on luxury but need a nice clean place with most efficient and most helpful staff (Perfecly english speaking staff) and who are in Istanbul as a tourist.

The pictures on the web of the hotel are exactly what is being offered there. I would definitely stay there again every time I visit Istanbul.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Vivian W
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The location of the hotel is perfect. You are literally a few steps away from the main tourist attractions. The street is also rather nice. Unfortunately, this is the best feature of the hotel. At least in the experience of my partner and me.

I booked a double room in the hotel. Nevertheless, at the arrival we were asked again about our choice, which is OK, but it was done in a rather improper way: the receptionist asked me if my partner was my wife or my daughter. This was really embarrassing.

Then, the receptionist informed us that the main building was fully booked – while none of the keys was missing from the table behind him… So, we were given a room in the small building opposite the hotel. There were some problems with it:
- the front door of the building was closing very loudly
- the room seemed to be unfinished (there were splashes of plaster on the bathroom wall)
- there was no electricity in the bathroom
- the toilet didn't stop automatically
- the bed was small (140 cm wide)
- the Wi-Fi signal was rather weak, sometimes unavailable for many hours.

On the positive side I can mention the breakfasts (with a limited choice but abundant) and the kindness of most of the personnel (except the receptionist, of course).

The hotel was cheap compared to the other ones in the neighbourhood, but still it could have offered better services.

Room Tip: We got the apartment No. 3. It had a perfect view on the Hagia Sophia... and the problems described...