“A good hotel and great value for money”
Review of The Marmara Sisli

The Marmara Sisli
Ranked #321 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We are in Istanbul on business for a few days, and needed to stay as close as possible to the offices we were working in (due to the traffic). The location is great, and overall the hotel is clean and the service is great. The staff are extremely friendly. Wi-Fi works like a dream, so very happy. If we need to come back here again, we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Prill B
TheMarmaraSisli, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Marmara Şişli for your recent stay. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Istanbul and I basically booked into Marmara Sisli as it was the cheapest and I liked its location.
From the outside, the hotel doesn't impress, but inside its a really funky, boutique hotel! The managment allowed us to bring along a friend of ours for no extra charge! Now, that is what I call customer service! Our rooms were lovely and airy and my bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept on. They also have a pillow menu! All in all, I would definitely return!

2  Thank Nina V

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Marmara Şişli for your recent stay.

We are extremely happy to fulfill your needs during your stay and looking forward to welcome you back to The Marmara Şişli in the near future.

Our warmest regards, to the little one as well.

Yours Sincerly,

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I've stayed at Marmara Sisli several times during the work-project period in Istanbul. Cute, not a big hotel with very friendly staff (that actually makes each stay pleasant and comfortable). The location is very good, in the middle of the European side of the city, 5 min walk to the main street and metro station(Sisli), and pretty quiet in the same time. there is a very cozy cafe over the corner (Cafe garden). Good breakfasts for every taste, room serves. Only one problem with the place - the sewerage system in the showers doesn't work properly. While taking shower you can find yourself standing in the water ankle-deep..

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms which ends with 1 (601,701..) they are much bigger from the rest of the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Olawag
TheMarmaraSisli, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Olawag,

Thank you very much sharing your feedback about The Marmara Şişli Hotel. Your commnets are valuable to us and it is pleasure that you have enjoyed your stay at The Marmara Şişli.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again to The Marmara Şişli.

Deniz Akyuz,
The Marmara Şişli Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a few weeks. Upon arrival outside, the hotel looks like any other quality boutique, but in the lobby the experience upgraded quickly given the amazingly personable staff and New York style chic ambiance.

Completely unknown by the hotel, secretly, part of reason for my stay at the hotel was to assess potential suitability for our casts and crew of international touring musical shows (~60 English speaking eclectic artists on extended stay, 4-5 times a year) to stay here in future. So my review is a little more detailed.

LANGUAGE
The various staff are never too intrusive and found great balance in helpfulness. As I do not speak Turkish, certain English speaking staff naturally gravitated towards me being extremely wonderful. At no time did I have a language issue. Phone operators, room service, cafe, front desk all found very fast ways to communicate in English.

ROOMS
The rooms are cozy, but well equipped with luxury touches like pillow menus, good quality amenities and funky red night lights. Extremely clean. Great housekeeping. Beds are medium density... not too hard, not too soft. Sheets are a little rough. For extended stay, consider asking them not to replace daily, and let them break down naturally. TV has only a couple of English channels, but I just left it on CNN most time. TV's are locked, so you cannot plug in an apple TV device or HDMI input. Desk space is minimal, but OK for a laptop and a mousepad. Rooms use hotel key card for power, so ask for a spare to keep your computer charging and AC trying to cool in summer. 220v European outlets only. So bring adapters!

The AC is not strong, however, by keeping the spare key card in the power, it maintained a comfortable level. Recommend the hotel should offer portable plug-in fans to assist cooling in rooms.

COMMON SPACES
Free WiFi throughout hotel maintained solid connections. There are only a few rooms per floor so elevator noise does not exist.

Lobby is a great hangout with bar, very reasonably priced cafe with good food, and they have a selection of papers, magazines and board games to wind away the evening while people watching on the front terrace.

The hotel maintains a wonderfully delicious and home made limonata (lemonade) dispenser adjacent to elevators that is very refreshing (and free) day or night

F&B
A big full breakfast is on offer in lobby until about 10:30am, however I was too lazy to get out of bed most mornings enjoying the sights and sounds of Istanbul from the window. A couple of times I did get the energy to get up in time for wonderful fresh omelet custom made on the terrace.

Dinner selections are pretty good – a great Schnitzel, and terrific Turkish Ravioli. Low key, friendly service, with simple food at fair prices. Sit on the terrace and eat, people watching and enjoying the sights and sounds.

AREA
This is part of what makes this hotel so great. Located on a well known urban street (Ortaklar), nestled amongst many fun and inexpensive "mom & pop" style Turkish cafes and diners. Carrefour express grocery shop 1 minute away. 2 minute stroll to bustling commercial road with McDonalds, Burger King, banks, tech shops etc. 7-8 minute walk to huge modern shopping mall with several Starbucks (and a roller coaster). Although I don't use metro, there is a station at the mall. Taxis super easy to get on hotel doorstep.

LGBT FRIENDLY
As with most chic and smartly run boutique hotels, there was absolutely no perceived issue in any respect with my boyfriend of 3 years arriving and staying with me for a week/half in middle of my stay. Staff were welcoming and accommodating him without issue. In Istanbul, this was a prior concern but not anymore.

SPECIAL NOTES
I need to especially recognize a couple of staff who were particularly wonderful:

Birvan in the restaurant so polite and remembering my favorite items. I like coffee a lot, and she surprised me with her own lattes on a regular basis. Super friendly, attentive and perfect english.

Enes the bellman who is really acting like a concierge of hotel greatly assisting me with restaurants, room issues, taxis and generously bringing me lemonade when sitting on terrace.

I was sad to finish my contract and say goodbye to my cozy room. I am trying to find a way to come back soon, so who knows. I would definitely stay here again. Next time I'd like to try the "square Plus" room (which additionally has a couch and more space).

Room Tip: Corner rooms are slightly bigger, and have 2 windows and fun views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TobySimkin
TheMarmaraSisli, Genel Müdür at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Mr Simkin,

I would like to thank you for your great comments.

My team and I looking forward to welcome you back in the near future to The Marmara Şişli Hotel in Istanbul.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was very excited about this place given the pictures in the website and the advertised view of the bosphorus, but I walked into my room to find old carpets and a view of a building's backside. The AC didn't work very well, and we had trouble sleeping. Service didn't do anything to improve my feel. We ended up switching hotels despite the fact we had a paid package and weren't eligible for a refund.

Room Tip: At least until floor 5 you won't get a decent view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mihermos
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I spent 2.5 days here and found the service to be excellent, all be it I ordered some food in the restaurant and this took awhile to arrive although the restaurant was nearly empty. However I did manage to forget my adapter for my laptop and the reception were really helpful. The doorman greeted me every time I walked in with a cheery "good morning / afternoon or evening".
Overall and great all round hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
TheMarmaraSisli, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for your comments, me and my team are looking forward to welcome you at The Marmara Şişli on your next visit.

The Marmara Şişli

Reviewed 1 July 2013

If you are looking for a clean, centralized, straight forward hotel in Istanbul, you don’t have to look any further than the Marmara Sisli. This little gem, located in the Mecidieykoy/Sisli district of Istanbul is a great find! The staff is professional and extremely helpful, always checking to see how they can help make your stay more comfortable, or enjoyable. My first experience with this hotel was 3 years ago when I lived here on an extended stay for a 3 month project. Across the street you have Carrefour and its walking distance to Cevahair Shopping Mall, about a TL6 taxi ride to Kanyon Mall, or to the Bebek district to enjoy some of the best fish restaurants the city has to offer. I have also learned to take the taxi to Kabatas tram station and then hop on the tram to Sultanahmet – avoiding choking traffic and giving you more time to enjoy your visit. They have a sister hotel in Taksim with a pool, so as a guest here, you can enjoy those amenities as well. The rooms are clean and functional with great views of the city – either the financial district of Levent, or the Marmara Sea, depending on which direction you face. I have stayed in many hotels around the world, and could have my choice of hotels during my stay in Istanbul, but I always choose to stay here since my experience here is beyond just being a customer, but they have become friends. I don’t think you would be disappointed if you stayed here. You really do get the maximum bang for your buck.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the Street offer views of the Marmara Sea and less street noise. Serene and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
TheMarmaraSisli, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Ms Truc,

Thank you for your wonderful comments, it is always pleasure to serve you.

Looking forward for your next stay with us at The Marmara Şişli.