“Good location and clean”
Review of The Marmara Sisli

The Marmara Sisli
Ranked #321 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Good location, clean rooms, breakfast could be a bit more of selection, but overall a good hotel. the staff is very nice and the rooms a very nice view. we will sure come here again. a quite special character hotel, like in the 20s...very well designed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with theMarmaraHotels.com
yaprakyilmaz, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding the services and staff during your visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We will definitely share your comments with the whole team here and read with pride.

We look forward to welcome you again at The Marmara Şişli

Yaprak YILMAZ
Misafir İlişkileri Yönetmeni
Guest Relations Supervisor
The Marmara Şişli

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel in Dec of 2013, the hotel was quirky unlike others, no doubt because thetes MS is known as the best designed hotel on some such list. The room layout is very different, especially the washroom. The view from the MS is delightful, the room service offered is poor, the breakfast offered is not bad, the front desk Burcu was very helpful but my top marks go to Enes. Enes is a bellboy at the hotel, ready with tips to offer, negotiate taxi trips and extremely friendly. The biggest thing not in the MS's favour is the location. Sisli is far away from the main touristy areas and sites and there isn't much to do. Our biggest costs after the hotel stay were on taxi rides, simply because Sisli is far from everything. A bonus for food lovers is that the MS is located right next to a hole in the wall restaurant , it's very sparse and one has to climb downhill to enter, one can see the customers sitting below street level through a transparent canopy, at first glance no one will want to come here, but try the food. it is one of the best culinary experiences we had.

In short-good hotel worth staying - bad location-bad room service-friendly staff-decent breakfast-next to a delightful ultra cheap rest.

Room Tip: choose the rooms facing west for the view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank- you very much for your excellent feedback, and we will be sure to share this our team with pride. Your feedback is important to help us create the best possible experience for our guest. We trully look forward to welcoming you back, with the following suggestions for improvement in mind.

Best regards,

Yaprak YILMAZ
Misafir İlişkileri Yönetmeni
Guest Relations Supervisor
The Marmara Şişli

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times,The area is very convenient for me.

I stayed recently found the customer service a bit weak.Burcu,on reception,was very rude,kept looking at me ,blankly ,when i asked questions.Not only this,she kept laughing,when i asked for explanation of certain things.??

3 days previous,i woke up to DRILLING and refurbishment noise for 2 hours.It started to drive me nuts.I went downstairs,spoke to the manager.I expected discount on that days stay!The manager ,refused as the many was taken upfront,so he suggested any EXTRAS,i buy will be OF NO CHARGE!!!hes exact words!I said i dont get extras.Dont worry,if you do,no charge!!!!

To my horror,as i checked out of the hotel MR VEROL (manager)was rung up,as ,Burcu,said no notes about no charge???The manager then said over the phone,I thought i said discount!TOTAL UTTER LIE!!!!These days,lesson to all,make sure you get any promises in writing!!!!Shame on you,MR VEROL!!!!terrible customer service tactic,very cheeky!

The extras only came to 30 tl (10 stirling)its the principle the got me soooo angryyyyyy.

The rooms are adequate,service is not great.The location is superb,near big shoppping centers,supermarkets.This small hotel has a little gym,big plus point!!!.

Room Tip: All standard rooms are the same,mostly quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank cey k
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was the first time for me and for my friends here in istanbul at the marmara sisli. From the time we arrived at the hotel everybody was extraordinarily welcoming and friendly. At the reception we didnt have to wait so long for our rooms. I guess since they knew that we would come to the hotel, everything was ready even the room keys! We really liked it as we were all so tired. The rooms are quite good and well equipment, service was amazing you dont have to ask for something twice when you call the reception desk. The housekeeping team was great special thanks to them for cleaning and refreshing my room everyday, folding my clothes and putting them nicely like their own clothes and goods. Turkish breakfast at the lobby was also so good! The staff at the restaurant was so kind and willing to help us about everything with a smiling face for days! Thank you Yaprak and Baris for being so nice during our stay. At night bellboy was giving service even if after the bar was closed since we always were late to be back hotel. What i'm saying is they never say NO :) i hope i can make it to visit istanbul again in the future and see those wonderful people at the marmara sisli. They also show you the 'must seen' areas in istanbul with a map which is great since we were all tourists. You will be already at the center of the city because the location is also great and easy to go everywhere by metro. Now i dont get lost next time when i visit istanbul thanks to them. When we checked out they gave us rooms to check out late which was great since we needed to take a shower and pack. They also kept our luggages for a while as we were out spending our last minutes in istanbul. Thank you guys for such a wonderful stay. It was an unforgettable experience for us and will definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I like the relaxed feeling of the hotel and have stayed here many times. I recommend the top floor(12) if you are lucky then you can see the Haga Sophia and the Blue Mosque from your room:-) The design is fantastic too for all those retro enthusiasts.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with theMarmaraHotels.com
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Rooms are filthy, smelly, guests are loud, and do not recommend if you need peace of mind for your next day work. All I really cared for was the invoice for the amount I paid for my stay at this hotel to claim to my company. This is not only simple task but also regulatory, but the staff at the reception continuously played stupid on me, not understanding and not being helpful at all, I had to explain many times the date of my stay and my name to appear on the invoice, and still the date was wrong, it has been 10 days now still waiting for them to correct the invoice and send it back to me.. I do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TheMarmaraSisli, Genel Müdür at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Trotter 10,

I am really sorry that we were not able to make your stay an memorable one.

I have read your comments carefully,and did investigation. I can assure you that we took necessary steps to make sure our future guests, will not face the same challanges as you did.

Thank you for your feedbacks.

We will be very happy if we would have the honor to welcome you back to The Marmara Sisli once again.

Best Regards,

Deniz Akyuz
Hotel Manager
dakyuz@themarmarahotels.com

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was my third time here at The Marmara Sisli on business in the last four months. Prices are fair for Istanbul and the hotel itself was very clean.
This hotel was extremely comfortable and comes with exceptional service by staff. What a Service! Service was top rated from the moment I stepped out of the cab to enter the hotel, throughout my stay and until it was time to checkout . The hotel staffs were just wonderful - without exception. They were all highly professionals, accommodating and obliging. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
The room was all I expected and more with free WIFI and great continental breakfast with lots of selections.
I couldn't be happier with my stay! Added bonuses-- Great location, very close to big shopping mall, public transportation & Metro station, always had cabs lined up and waiting for you and tons of great dining options nearby.
I travel often to locations all over the world. This hotel is among one of my favorite places to stay. Absolutely will return and recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Yılmaz H,

Thank you, for your wonderfull comments about The Marmara Sısli.

Me and my team really enjoyed serving you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to your second home.

Best Regards,