“Excellent location with good stay hotel”
Review of The Marmara Sisli

The Marmara Sisli
Ranked #314 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Hotel was so good in cleaning and service. The breakfast was ok but not with high variety.Excellent Location in a quite good classy area close to Mall, Metro and shopping areas.Staff were so helpful and place was so comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dina M
yaprakyilmaz, Ön Büro Müdürü at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your time and your precious feedback.

Şişli is the heart of İstanbul, it is located in a very convenient spot for both business travellers and tourists. You may easily walk to the most popular shopping venues of İstanbul in 5 minutes or reach to Taksim Area in 3 stations by subway.

Although your comment about our spot is flattering, what makes us happy the most is your evaluation on our service quality.

We are looking forward to your next stay in The Marmara Şişli.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel on business for about five days. I'll give a 10/10 to the staff, ambiance 10/10 but the A/C was not functioning very well and they had to change my room. Apart from the A/C everything thing else was good...Its close to the congress center, malls and lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
yaprakyilmaz, Ön Büro Müdürü at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for wonderful feedback.

I am proud to share this information that after you shared your experience about our A/C, we carried out a maintenance on the whole air conditioning system and now it works pretty well.

Your help is highly appreciated.

We would love to see you in The Marmara Şişli for a better experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

A great stay in a very good, clean and well positioned hotel. The staff are very helpful and keen to impress and help. Some quirky features including the bar area which I found a real once place to sit and relax. The food was pretty good and there wasn't anything I would complain about. Rooms are very different in size although the view from the upper floors is excellent. Overall a great stay and just around the corner from an excellent shopping centre. Well located for travelling around Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your evaluation with us.

Location of The Marmara Şişli is definitely one of the best things about our property; it gives the chance to avoid crazy İstanbul and keep calm in a tranquil part of the area and it allows you to reach each and everything in a short walk or taxi ride.

We would be happy to host you in The Marmara Şişli and meet your requests even more delicately, this time.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is good.

Clean Rooms. Excellent Service from individuals. Reasonable breakfast. The view from the top floor rooms is exquisite. The sound of the birds and the scenery is lovely!

My only comment is we booked a triple room and paid extra for the extra person but the room is too small to fit three people. With the extra bed in place, we can hardly move in the room. I think it is fair to request that when triple is booked, a more spacious room is provided since we already pay extra for the extra person.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor have better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your priceless feedback.

As The Marmara Şişli family, we are happy to hear and share your satisfaction with your stay.

We keep on working for making The Marmara Şişli a more home-like place to you and develop our service to an even better level.
Your ideas are the one and only thing to improve our excellence on this process.

We would love to see you in our property on your next visit to İstanbul.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I visited The Marmara Sisli on early April 2014 as part of a business trip to Istanbul. Although this was a one night stay, let me clarify that I travel often around the globe and consider myself an experienced leisure and business traveller. Overall The Marmara Sisli gives you the impression of a good quality hotel, without luxury exaggerations or other fancy details. It’s located in the Sisli area, which is considered to be a business district, quite close to the Tramp Tower shopping centre. Across the hotel there is a Carrefour supermarket which might be quite handy and also the METRO station is a few steps from the hotel, making it a convenient spot if you wish to commute. There was also a TV station nearby, which made me think that Sisli must be a “good” location. The front side of the hotel includes the bar/breakfast area, a nice sitting room and the reception.

Regarding the service, I would say that overall the staff is extremely polite and helpful, always present to accommodate your needs. A bonus was the fact that almost all of the staff with whom I talked was also English speaking and quite good at it might I say (specifically considering we’re in Turkey). By the way, important note if you arrive early: check-ins start at 15.00 o clock -ontrary to the usual 12.00 o clock in most hotels-, which however also means you get a “late check-out.

I particularly liked the fact that when I checked-in around noon time and went to my room, about 15’ later I got a phone call from the reception to check if I was ok or needed anything else. I got a room on the 9th floor (I think it was 905) with an awesome view which was very relaxing especially during evening hours. The room was very clean and tidy, there was a minibar, A/C, TV with satellite channels and all the necessary amenities and accessories one might need (soaps, sewing kits, hairdryers, shoe polish, slippers etc). One gadget which I liked especially was a radio player/clock with integrated dock for iPhone and iPod. Nice touch if you wish to listen to your own tunes. Last but not least in the pros, there was even free Wi-Fi access with a code that the reception provides you upon checking in.

The bed and pillows were comfortable, however I think the single bed was a bit narrow. One thing which seemed a bit strange was the arrangement of the bathroom: facing the bathroom space, the shower room and the toilet were separate compartments. Shower was on the left hand and toilet on the right hand with both spaces using a “saloon type” glass door. This arrangement did not actually provide the necessary level of privacy, which might prove awkward especially if you’re sharing the room. Other than that, I would say the room was quite nice.

With regards to other things which I liked, the breakfast buffet was very rich with many options, from traditional Turkish dishes to standard American breakfast choices. No reason to go into details, just rest assured that whatever type of breakfast you like, there are options for you. Considering the reasonable price which I paid for the room in the 4-star hotel, I would say it is a value-for-money choice for accommodation in Istanbul. Not too central, but close enough to all the areas you might want to visit.

As I said, this was a 1 night stay so I did not have the chance to explore further the services of the hotel. My stay was pleasant and on top of everything, when I checked-out I was offered a fresh apple for the road and received a goodbye with a smile. Isn’t that, after all what you expect to get from a hotel experience?

Overall, I would definitely visit again and suggest The Marmara Sisli to anyone looking for a convenient and good quality hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter and more pleasant due to the view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tsakali_gr

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your ideas with us. It is the most valuable thing a hotelier will ever get, indeed.

The Marmara Şişli Hotel offers a short subway-ride or a 5-minute walk to almost all business destinations, which makes it a very attractive choice for business travellers, as well as excursionists who do not mind travelling and loves shopping.

We would love to welcome you back to The Marmara Şişli Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Staff are excellent.location is good.rooms are old designed.bulbs are burned.AC doesnt work although we told the reception two times but we stayed the whole week without AC.window was messy(they told us that the second day they will clean it and no body cleans it. Poor breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with theMarmaraHotels.com
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Good location, clean rooms, breakfast could be a bit more of selection, but overall a good hotel. the staff is very nice and the rooms a very nice view. we will sure come here again. a quite special character hotel, like in the 20s...very well designed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with theMarmaraHotels.com
yaprakyilmaz, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding the services and staff during your visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We will definitely share your comments with the whole team here and read with pride.

We look forward to welcome you again at The Marmara Şişli