“We had a wonderful stay in a fantastic & clean hotel.”
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Osmanhan Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I stayed with my husband & 8 month daughter from 10-15 March 2011 in this wonderful hotel.

Room
We had a 1 double bed & 1 single bed, shower/toilet. It's very clean & you can choose to open the windows or the aircon.

Location
Blue mosque, Topkapi Palace, AyaSofia, Grand/Spice Bazaar & lots other attractions are all within easy walking distance. Food eateries is all around the corners, just have your pick.

Staff
Last but not least, thank you for Ahmet & Fatih to arrange room, all the hotel transfers & even help to buy the bday cake for my husband.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank KindCompassion

Reviewed 17 March 2011

it has a great location right in old Istanbul near all the great tourist sites. the hagia sophia, topkapi palace, blue mosque, all right outside the door. these are amazing places. we also took the tram and funicular to explore further. the hotel is great. friendly service, clean rooms, good breakfast. we did not bring a computer, but they will let you take one to your room to use! this was very helpful for checking flight info. stay here and enjoy old Istanbul!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank enaj43
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My second visit to the Osmanhan, the second review I've ever written (guess for what hotel i wrote the first review). I wondered if I would be as impressed as I was after my first visit. They treated me like family; always greeted by the owner, taken to dinner by the owner's brother, more great recommendations from Fatih (the best customer service person I've ever encountered). The Osmanhan simply does everything right. Have you noticed that they NEVER have had a bad or even fair review? Perhaps only a hundred hotels in the entire world can say that. The location is the best, the rooms are smart and clean, everyone in their employ is friendly and helpful and the value is just incredible. Before I stayed in the Osmanhan, I did not believe any such hotel existed. They have become my special friends in Istanbul. What will they do for my next visit?? I look forward to it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank MrSinjow
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel and it was fantastic. We had airport transfers, easy check in. Very clean. Great breakfast. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff who couldn't have made the stay more enjoyable. Also great location as you can walk to the main sights really easily and there are lots of restaurants nearby. We found it really easy to go out into the main town at night to go to the bars, as the taxis were pretty reasonable. Free wi-fi too if you have your own phone/laptop which is handy for looking up websites of venues to see what's on.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank holidayadvisor79
Reviewed 24 February 2011

It is close by the all the museum,Blue Mosque,Hogia Sophia,Topkapi Palace and the other place is... Also ha got great sea view from the roof top and my room as well.. Very safe area and friendly stuff.. Thanks very much for your hospitalty...Highly recomended this lovely a litt Hotel...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank santafetrailguy
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My wife, our 2 year old and I stayed at the Osmanhan in mid January. 2 weeks before we arrived, we received email correspondence from Fatih regarding transport to and from the airport. It was taken care of flawlessly. We stayed in the triple room, which was a little tight because of the third bed, but if you go to Istanbul to spend all day in your room, then just stay home. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. There is no elevator, and the steps are tight, but they will take care of your luggage. Osmanhan is very close to all of the main attractions of Sultanhamet. They are less than 10 minutes walk. There are some very tasty restaurants just around the corner and Fatih can recommend the best places. Just a note about Fatih, he is simply awesome. He can help arrange tours, transportation, recommend food, give advice on customs and prepare you for the "guides" who really want to sell you a rug. He really was the most helpful person we dealt with on our entire trip to 3 different countries. The food for breakfast was excellent and plentiful. The terrace dining room provides great views of the Bosporus and you can see the minarets of the blue mosque as well. One of the nicest things that happened was at the end of our stay. Our airport pickup was not to arrive until 4 PM and checkout was noon. Mustafa, the owner allowed us to keep our room until departure so our daughter could have a much needed nap. Thank you Mustafa, Fatih and Osmanhan, I will recommend you to anyone I know traveling to Istanbul.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jameswoodap
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Stayed in this small hotel in January 2011. Selected it because of good reviews on Trip Advisor. Booked through hotel's own website. It was conveniently located just behind the Blue Mosque. Very friendly approachable staff. Hotel was converted from a residence three or so years ago. Facilities are relatively new. Free wireless internet. Very happy with my stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo