“Wonderful experience, a great find!”
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Osmanhan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Beautiful, clean, updated, cozy hotel in a fabulous location! I can't say enough good things about the Osmanhan Hotel. I am a 29 year old American female and was in Istanbul for work this past November. I moved from the Hilton near Taksim once my work meetings were over, and selected Osmanhan based on the shining reviews and easy location to local attractions. Being a single woman traveling alone, I was very concerned about safety, but I must admit that I never once felt unsafe anywhere in Sultanahmet. The hotel was perfectly situated by countless local restaurants, shops, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar. Fatih and the rest of the hotel team were very friendly, incredibly helpful and went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. The rooftop terrace was picturesque and relaxing. The breakfast spread, delicious! I would wholeheartedly recommend Osmanhan to any friend or family member traveling to Istanbul!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank E_Joan_27
There are newer reviews for Osmanhan Hotel

Reviewed 11 February 2012

This hotel is an absolute gem!! It's location is unbeatable as it is very close to the major sites - the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia are only five minutes away by foot. The Grand Bazaar is a 15 minute walk. It is also about a 5 minute walk to the tram.The hotel is nestled away on a quiet street that is surrounded by other lodgings, restaurants and little stores.

My room although small was well laid out. The bathroom was large, and the ac worked well. Breakfast in the morning on the rooftop was more than adequate but what made it truly special, was the view of the Bosphorus.

What was truly special was the great service I received. Everyone there was very friendly especially Fatih. He always had a patient answer to every question I asked. He volunteered to loan me a laptop everyday so I could email my family. It really felt like coming home every day! I'd walk through the door, plop on the couch and we would talk for a good 15 minutes about how my day went and what I had learned about this beautiful city.

The location, price and TA rating is what made me choose Osman Han originally but the hotel's hospitality is what makes it so superb. I would highly recommend it and would love to return one day. This one is a keeper.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cruisindruzin
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Osmanhan is very well located with the Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque almost equidistant and within 6 minutes of walking. It takes about 10 minutes of walking from the tram station to reach the hotel and there are quite a few food options in the lane next to it. The hotel doesn't have a lift and ground floor room is therefore particularly helpful and whats makes it a winner is that they provide the room at a discount. However, you won't be able to open the windows as the windows are at the street level. The staff is helpful, the breakfast very ordinary, but is served at the terrace, which has a very good view of the Bosphorus. The ground floor room was small, but very clean and well maintained. Overall, a very good value for money.

Room Tip: the ground floor room comes at a discount is specially good as the hotel doesn't have a lift
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dipayanb
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed just one night in late October, prior to boarding our cruise ship. Wished we had more time. Helpful front desk staff; even brought our suitcases up the stairs to our room.
comfy bed; great location; near major attractions. Blue Mosque & Sophia for example.

Roof top breakfast was excellent; typical of Turkish cuisine. Magnificent view.

Room Tip: We liked our room which overlooked the street. We chose a room on second floor. If you don't...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank DIALTWO
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights and it was nice,in the good location,room is very nice and clean,people are very friendly and helpful,great staff,thank you.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank lydia a
Reviewed 8 January 2012

All I can say is that I am so glad I can trust Trip Advisor to pick my hotels! This is another gem that made a good trip great.

The hotel is very close to the major sites - the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia are only five minutes away by foot. The Grand Bazaar is a bit further by foot (I think 10 - 15 minutes). The hotel is nestled away on a quiet street that is surrounded by other lodgings, restaurants and little stores. There's an open market and a little bazaar close by if you want fresh fruits or vegetables. There is even a little convenience store a block away if you want snacks or fresh fruit (not a big selection but convenient).

I had a deluxe room, which was perfect. It was standard European size and had a great shower. If I remember correctly I had room 22, which was on the second floor, facing the street. If you're a light sleeper, ask for a higher floor. I'm a heavy sleeper but was woken up twice during my five day stay by smokers from the hostel next door. It's no big deal for me but might be a problem for others.

What made me really enjoy my stay was the great service I received. I think the hotel has only ten rooms or less so you get attention you don't normally receive at any place larger. Everyone there was very friendly especially Fatih. He always had a patient answer to every question I asked...and I know I asked a lot of stupid questions. I live in Texas so despite the fact I had read up on Islam, I still knew very little. Fatih always happily answered any new question I had when I'd come back in the evenings. It really felt like coming home every day! I'd walk through the door, plop on the couch and he'd ask what new questions I had for him :) I learned so much about Islam and Turkey just chatting with him. Seriously, that type of friendliness never happens anywhere, not even B&Bs.

As a female that travels solo often, this is the best hotel I've ever encountered on my solo adventures. The location, price and TA rating is what made me choose Osman Han originally but the hotel's hospitality is what makes it so superb.

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank Theodora8
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel during a 5 day stop over in Istanbul around New Year 2011 / 2012. Everything about the hotel was just perfect: the very friendly staff, the room, and the atmosphere. Everything in the room worked perfectly, from a great shower to a comfortable bed with good bedside lamps to the free Wifi. And complementary coffee/tea. The hotel is also ideally located, just OFF the tourist streets but within 5 minutes walk of Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya.

Fatih, the manager, is very relaxed but right on top of things. The other staff we saw mainly at breakfast and we're also providing great service without overdoing it.

The only small drawback: the rooms are fairly small, even our De Luxe room.

All in all: highly recommended!

Room Tip: We had a De Luxe room. Don't go for anything less since it will probably be too small for comfor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple