“Excellent experience.”
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Osmanhan Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed here in Jan 2013 for a week, Fatih at the front desk was super helpful, the room was clean and well equipped, Breakfast was fantastic (nice view from the terrace too) and the location cant be beat. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor is cheaper by a little, We stayed there a couple of nights and then moved to the 2nd fl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank justtravellers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 26 January 2013

We were very satisfied with our stay there. It is a small, really clean hotel, famiy run, breakfast was great, staff was really kind and helpful. It is a great starting location to see major attractions in old city centre.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Sloski
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Osmanhan hotel with my wife and daughter in jan. The hotel is in a perfect location just a few mins from all the historical places in sultanahmet . The rooms are super clean and spacious enough for 3. The staff couldn't have been any more helpful. If you need a hotel that's clean, friendly, and reasonable rates, with restaurants just outside the door, I can highly recommend this hotel !

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank Levlily
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Osmanhan Hotel was initially smaller than I had pictured, but very warm, friendly, quaint and comfortable. The staff is especially helpful and kind, especially Fatih. He is extremely helpful, patient, kind and enjoys conversing with the tourists. Be sure you're comfortable with stairs as there are steep stairs that go up to each floor. The beds were quite comfortable and the bathrooms are very nice. It did get a bit chilly for us at one point, but we warmed up eventually. The rooftop breakfast is delightful. I highly recommend this hotel as it is very affordable and in the perfect location for sight seeing. Be sure you are able to walk quite a bit and that you don't have trouble with stairs and uneven streets and hills, as there is lots around there but it all requires walking! Only thing that was a little annoying was there was no alarm clock or working clock in the room, so we had to either check our phones or call down to check.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank moonengine
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We booked into the the Osmanhan over the web, from an offering through Trip advisor, can't speak more highly of personal service, standards of the rooms and ideal location in the old city.
Used to be a family residence converted in 2008 to a lovely small hotel.

We spent 4 nights there with my wife, service was personal and always friendly and obliging, we lobbed into Istanbul at 12.15 am, the transfer was waiting for us, all seem less, all great, ditto going home. Good advise on where to go and what to see, directions and maps all on hand, spent a day traveling to ANZAC cove, they even prepared breakfast/lunch bags for us, for the 6.00 am start and pick up.

Personal service, clean modern rooms, they love Aussies and yes if you are going to buy a carpet, go to the shop owned by the owner of the Hotel, last, they have some beautiful pieces,
for my part I will always go for a great small hotel any day, oh yes at very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a premium room, the small extra cost in the scheme of things in the 6 room hotel, is worth i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 5 January 2013

As this was our first trip to Istanbul, my family & I (5 pax) would prefer a place close to the main attractions such as the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Thus, a place at the Sultanahmet area would be wise. There were many hotels around the area but we chose Osmanhan because it received very good reviews and I have to agree that they were all true. Room was small but nice, the staff & owners were warm and friendly, breakfast was good, walking distance to many cafes, restaurants, touristy places etc....Simply said, it was a good experience not just for me, but for my entire family :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank PULPPA S
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Stayed for one day while passing through Istanbul on a business trip. I really enjoyed this hotel. It is very small, as are most of the hotels in this area. But it is an extremely beautiful area...with cafes, restaurants, stores all around. The staff was awesome...extremely warm and friendly. Its that friendliness and hospitality that really makes this place special. Thanks again to the staff for offering to prepare for me a breakfast sandwich because I left so early in the AM (way before breakfast hours.) It was outstanding--way better than the airline food I had to endure for the next 17 hours. :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business