“6 star service. 5 star location.”
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Osmanhan Hotel
Ranked #9 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Genuine great service from everyone at this hotel. The location is great: close enough to all major sites but still very quiet (except you can still hear the daily prayer calls probably from the Blue Mosque). The manager Fatiq is always cheery. I arrived at the hotel 6am from a 13 hour flight from vietnam and they let me into the hotel. The first 2 days i didnt eat breakfast at the hotel which was a big mistake as the food and view was excellent.

Just book this place.

Traveller from Saigon. Vietnam.

Room Tip: Ask Fatiq about restaaurants nearby.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Lan N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed 24 February 2013

In January, I flew from the U.S. to Africa through Istanbul and made a point of spending a night in Istanbul to break up the trip and get a taste of one of the world's great cities. I chose the Osmanhan Hotel mainly because of its location and price. It's in the heart of the old city, just a few minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and other amazing sites. Because of the price, my expectations were low, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms and the excellent staff. Fatih made me feel very comfortable from the first time I stepped down into the small lobby. The hotel's owner runs a small shop nearby and he was very kind with his time as well. My room was small but had everything I needed. There's a small rooftop terrace that would be wonderful when the weather is nice. (It was cold and rainy when I was there.) I wouldn't recommend it, however, to travelers who have difficulty climbing more than four flights of steps. (There's no elevator.) It was a great home base to do a morning walking tour through the city and then take the city's efficient metros to the airport, an easy 30-minute ride. All in all, I found Istanbul to be a great "layover" city for anyone taking Turkish Airlines to points beyond, though Istanbul is obviously a terrific destination unto itself. As long as the price remains reasonable, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Istanbul, and this is one of the most impressive. The location is not exactly great - it is kind of between two stations but the walk to either stations are not punishing. In fact, the level of comfort of the room more than compensate for this. The room was very nicely decorated and very clean. The limited number of rooms in the hotel also means it is relatively quiet at night. The breakfast was excellent, so was the service provided by its staff. Great view from the terrace, too. Lone travelers might want to avoid late night traveling though as the area can be quite dark after sundown.

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank eduardelacroix
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed at Osman Han for 3 days. I spent a wonderful time with the kind staffs and clean comfortable room and delicious breakfast. Good access to every place to see. I recommend to everyone. You should take a coffee on the teracce viewing the sea.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank Mike T
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Osmanhan Hotel became our home in Istanbul. The staffs are all helpful and cheerful. The owner is also very kind and gave us useful informations about Istanbul. We felt there as if we were at home. The room is elegant, clean and very comfortable. We also enjoyed the rich and healthy breakfast buffet and loved the beautiful view of Marmara Sea from the terrace. We think we made the best choice. We recommend to everyone planning to visit Istanbul.

• Stayed: January 2013
8  Thank Laurawhitman
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The view of sea from this hotel is amazing. I loved the breakfast at the terrace seeing the sea and Blue Mosque. The staffs were so kind. The room was very comfortable and clean. The internet access was very good. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank Lin K
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Loved this tiny hotel so much. I felt myself at home there. The coffee at the teras viewing Marmara Sea was the best I have ever had. The room was also nice. I especially liked the shower booth made from marble. Most of main sight-seeing spots are easily accessible from Osmanhan Hotel, so you don't have to take a taxi. I walked to Topkapi Paloace, Aya Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Spice Market, and Galata Tower. The staffs have much information of every places and told me kindly. I spent a very good time in Istanbul thanks to Osmanhan Hotel. You won't miss your home at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo