“A much looked forward to return visit.”
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Osmanhan Hotel
Ranked #8 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel in 2011 and loved it then, it was wonderful and I liked it just as much this time. Really the only thing I think has changed is the breakfast. I thought it very good on my first visit but if anything it was better, a slightly bigger selection. The rooms are just as clean and you have room to move, you certainly could not call them pokey, a flat screen TV with the BBC and CNN News comes in handy when you have been away a long time and need news from home. You can't fault the bathroom plus Tea and Coffee facilities in you room. To be honest I wouldn't consider going to any other hotel. I love Istanbul and the Osmanhan Hotel is in a great location and a great price. The staff can't be faulted and will go out of their way to help you, Mehmet on Reception is always there to help if you need anything. I hope it will not be too long before I return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank chrissy50
Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Osmanhan Hotel during October in room 11. We choose their cheapest room, because we were arriving late and leaving first thing in the morning. Because we were leaving early in the morning before breakfast, we were offered sandwiches to take with us.The room was a little noisy because we were just below street level, but it was still a nice room and had nice large thick towels. The location is excellent, close to many restaurants and an easy walk to most of the tourist spots. This is a great hotel for the price.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Finding a good, centrally located hotel in Istanbul for a reasonable price is not easy. Finding a great one is even more difficult. But the small (7 rooms!) Osman Han is great, very centrally located and definitely worth the price. Breakfast was plentiful and freshly made, and the terrace has very good views. Everyone in the staff is smiling, friendly and helpful - and they all speak English. Rooms are not the biggest, but spotless clean.

Room Tip: The room on the ground floor is small, but still good value, and you don't really hear the recep...
1  Thank mkabell
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Osmanhan Hotel is ideally situated in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul within a short walking distance of Topkapi Palace, Haghia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. A street of restaurants is just around the corner so the location is excellent. The best thing about the Osmanhan Hotel is the friendliness of all the staff who go out of their way to be helpful. The rooms offer space and comfort and the entire hotel is spotlessly clean. Breakfasts at the top of the hotel are ample and delicious.
This hotel is to be highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brian F
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had an amazing stay at Osmanhan. All of the staff were helpful and friendly and the room was charming and comfortable. I had to catch a taxi at 3 a.m. to make my flight, and they still packed a breakfast for me, tea and all. Hamit, one of the owners, also owns an antique rug shop nearby. I did NOT think I would buy a rug because I had been warned about the difficulty of finding authentic rugs, but he is the real deal (Google "Motif Collection and National Geographic"!). He had WiFi in the shop, and I Skyped with a friend to show her how cool carpets in Turkey were--and she ended up buying a rug as well! I recommend Osmanhan with no hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sura101
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A lovely old building very well placed for sight seeing, spotlessly clean and very good choices for breakfast. Ilknur only too willing to help with sightseeing and always enquired if a good time was had. All staff very welcoming and friendly. The plumbing was excellent. We had a standard room which some people may think a bit small but we found it adequate (and we had large cases). We spent four days and every day was exciting and pleasurable. Ilknur recommended The Tria restaurant just round the corner which was excellent. He enabled us to make the most of our time. The view from the terrace where you have breakfast is lovely, and there is a facility to use a large fridge in the kitchen and crockery if required. Well recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gill114
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We chose Osmanhan Hotel by reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were very happy in this hotel. The roof-top terrace has a super view of Marmara. Our room was well-equipped, clean and comfortable. We slept very well.
The owner Mustafa and staffs are very kind and love to make customers comfortable.
We enjoyed sight-seeing by walking to every places as Blue Mosque, Topkapi Place, Aya Sofya, Grand Bazaar, etc. We also enjoyed eating and drinking because there are all kind of cafes and restaurants around Osmanhan.
If you want to save your time and stay at a comfortable place, you should choose Osmanhan Hotel.

3  Thank Sam L