“Best hospitality”
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Osmanhan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Osmanhan Hotel for 3 nights. I think the previous positive reviews about this hotel on Tripadvisor were all correct.

The owner Hamit and all the staffs welcomed us warmly and treated us well during all our stay.
The location is good and we walked to every place (Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and even Galata!) by walk.
The room was very clean and comfy. All the necessary things as kettle, tea bags, hair-drier and so on were prepared.

One of the most attracting features of Osmanhan is the rooftop-terrace. It is overlooking the Sea of Marmara and on it breakfast is served. The quality of the breakfast was good. We enjooyed fresh vegetables, fruits, delicious Turkish baguettes, home-made local foods, Turkish tea, filtered coffee and some other drinks.

We will definitely stay at Osmanhan Hotel again on next visit to Istanbul.I appreciate Osmanhan Hotel and also Tripadvisor!

2  Thank Zach T
There are newer reviews for Osmanhan Hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you are looking for small is beautiful then this is the one for you.

It only has 7 rooms but they are very well appointed, clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. I am always slightly suspicious of hotel photos but in this case they are true to life.

There is no lift but the owner will carry your luggage up to your room.

Breakfast is served on its roof terrace and the food is limited but very good. No complaints as I am not a big breakfast eater anyway. You can see the Bosphorus from the terrace but to be honest not much of it. Just enjoy looking at the roof life of the city as you sip your fresh orange juice.

Its location is perfect. 5-10 minutes walk from the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Cistern and not much further to the Topkapi Palace. Also a tram stop is about 10 minutes away.

There is a street of good and reasonably priced restaurants one block behind the hotel where we ate every night. Ask the hotel for the one with the underground Palace which you can visit for free after, or before, your meal.

If you are after a more authentic feel to a hotel as opposed to the big chains then have a serious look at this one. I would certainly go back here if I returned to the city.

On a separate note if you want a guide for a day or half day look at Context Travel (you can find them on the web). They are very good, not cheap, but you get academics who really know their stuff.

Room Tip: We had the top floor of rooms but I suspect they are all pretty similar.
1  Thank jeremy21558
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel in 2011 and loved it then, it was wonderful and I liked it just as much this time. Really the only thing I think has changed is the breakfast. I thought it very good on my first visit but if anything it was better, a slightly bigger selection. The rooms are just as clean and you have room to move, you certainly could not call them pokey, a flat screen TV with the BBC and CNN News comes in handy when you have been away a long time and need news from home. You can't fault the bathroom plus Tea and Coffee facilities in you room. To be honest I wouldn't consider going to any other hotel. I love Istanbul and the Osmanhan Hotel is in a great location and a great price. The staff can't be faulted and will go out of their way to help you, Mehmet on Reception is always there to help if you need anything. I hope it will not be too long before I return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank chrissy50
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Osmanhan Hotel during October in room 11. We choose their cheapest room, because we were arriving late and leaving first thing in the morning. Because we were leaving early in the morning before breakfast, we were offered sandwiches to take with us.The room was a little noisy because we were just below street level, but it was still a nice room and had nice large thick towels. The location is excellent, close to many restaurants and an easy walk to most of the tourist spots. This is a great hotel for the price.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Finding a good, centrally located hotel in Istanbul for a reasonable price is not easy. Finding a great one is even more difficult. But the small (7 rooms!) Osman Han is great, very centrally located and definitely worth the price. Breakfast was plentiful and freshly made, and the terrace has very good views. Everyone in the staff is smiling, friendly and helpful - and they all speak English. Rooms are not the biggest, but spotless clean.

Room Tip: The room on the ground floor is small, but still good value, and you don't really hear the recep...
1  Thank mkabell
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Osmanhan Hotel is ideally situated in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul within a short walking distance of Topkapi Palace, Haghia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. A street of restaurants is just around the corner so the location is excellent. The best thing about the Osmanhan Hotel is the friendliness of all the staff who go out of their way to be helpful. The rooms offer space and comfort and the entire hotel is spotlessly clean. Breakfasts at the top of the hotel are ample and delicious.
This hotel is to be highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brian F
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had an amazing stay at Osmanhan. All of the staff were helpful and friendly and the room was charming and comfortable. I had to catch a taxi at 3 a.m. to make my flight, and they still packed a breakfast for me, tea and all. Hamit, one of the owners, also owns an antique rug shop nearby. I did NOT think I would buy a rug because I had been warned about the difficulty of finding authentic rugs, but he is the real deal (Google "Motif Collection and National Geographic"!). He had WiFi in the shop, and I Skyped with a friend to show her how cool carpets in Turkey were--and she ended up buying a rug as well! I recommend Osmanhan with no hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business