1,078 results
All reviewsrooftop terracetopkapi palaceblue mosqueturkeyno elevatorold cityevery morningbreakfast is servedmarmara seasmall hotelyogurttop floorexcellent locationminute walkbreakfast roommajor attractionsrestaurants and bars
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is well located for all sites in the old city. Just blocks from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia? The staff is very friendly and helpful as well. They even give you a helpful map of the area and help with directions. Breakfast is on the room. Nice view. Nice place for drinks in the afternoon and evening. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is well located for all sites in the old city, within easy walking distance of the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and many good restaurants. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful as well. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tlybra
Reviewed 19 November 2013

In 2012, I was booked to stay in the Osmanhan Hotel for 2 nights before returning home from nearly 3 weeks in Turkey. I checked in late one evening and called home only to find out that my boyfriend was ill. I called the airline and was able to move change my flight to the following morning. The hotel staff were great as I was quite upset and just wanted to get home. They went out of their way to help me get organized (I had left a bag at the hotel I stayed in when I first arrived in Turkey and they helped me retrieve it and they also organized a taxi for me). They let me cancel my original booking and I promised one day that I would return.

In October 2013, I did return. On my honeymoon with my now husband :) The hotel was just as I remembered. The staff were so good to us and we immediately felt at home. You can't beat the location and the rooms are comfortable and clean.

Our favourite thing to do (because we were waking up so early in the morning) was to sit up on the rooftop to watch the sunrise.

Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful stay. We hope to be back again soon :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

From the moment we walked in we just knew this was a great hotel. We were greeted warmly and treated like old friends. The hotel is just lovely; small and personal, spotlessly clean and with very comfortable beds. The furnishings are extremely well maintained and full of character (not sole-less stainless steel ultramodern). Bathroom was spotless and had a great shower. Breakfast is served on the roof-top with a birds eye view of the surrounding area. Food was beautifully fresh, plentiful and catered for all nationalities (e.g. cereals, toast, pastries, fresh fruit, cold meats, savouries, and eggs made to order and plenty of tea, coffee, juice etc.) ALL staff were great!; from the young man at reception who was full of local information and happy to share it, to the young woman who made the beds! All staff were happy and willing to make our stay a delight.
Bedrooms are upstairs (no elevator) but staff take care of the luggage so this was not a problem for us. (?I think I spotted a guest room on the ground floor?) Breakfast is on the roof top so might be a problem for anyone with mobility problems with stairs (but definitely worth the effort). Hotel is within easy waking distance of some of the major tourist attractions and an easy walk to the tram for any attractions further away. The area is full of great restaurants (it's a tourist area so the prices reflect this however they are not too expensive (approx average AUD $15-25 p/p). Loved this hotel and would go back in a heart beat!
A couple of other tips : Arrived and departed from Sabihagokcen Airport which is a very long way from the hotel therefore it was worth pre-booking an airport shuttle at around 10 Euros p/p each way and leaving PLENTY of time to allow for heavy traffic (our journey took nearly 2.5 hours!). Get your entry visas on-line before you arrive in Turkey in case the line up at the visa counter is huge and be prepared for a long and dysfunctional wait to progress through the passport counter.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank twosavytravellers
Reviewed 14 November 2013

osmanhan was an excellent place to stay in instanbul; it’s a family run business

the location is perfect for quickly getting to the blue mosque, hagia sofia, topkapi palace and other main sites in the city. the staff are friendly, welcoming and ready to help in any way they can, with recommendations for restaurants, shopping, hamam, and travel; e.g. cappadocia. they even brought my parent’s luggage up to and down from the 4th floor - my parent's are in their 70's, so if you're a bit younger you may have to bring up your own luggage ;)

the rooms were comfortable, air conditioned, and quiet (even the room on the 1st floor). breakfast is server on the roof-top terrace, which provides a nice view of the city and the sea; many hotels in this area have roof-top terraces. the included breakfast was excellent - fresh fruit, vegetables, eggs, etc. much better than other included breakfasts i've had before.

they also own a carpet store that is about a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel that sells authentic refurbished rugs and the buying experience alone is worth a visit.

general tip for istanbul
----------------------------
if you are easily identified as a foreigner, some people will approach you and start speaking to you. they will introduce them self, try to shake your hand, ask you where you are form, anything to get your attention and keep you engaged. the best solution, we found, was to simply break eye contact, ignore them and keep walking. they will continue to speak to you no matter what you say or how polite you refuse their advances. they may even follow you for some time if they feel they can still get your attention. if you reply at all, be prepared for continued harassment. it’s an interesting skill, can be entertaining at times, but in the end, imho, is simply rude.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family