“Excellent”
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Osmanhan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed seven nights at the Osmanhan Hotel and couldn't fault it.

We arrived very early on the first day after a long flight from Australia, it was well before check-in time but we welcomed by the hotel staff, offered complimentary breakfast and coffee and made to feel most welcome.

Our room was well appointed, comfortable and clean with plenty of seating. The photos on the web site are an accurate representation of the condition of the hotel. A special touch is the rugs in the rooms are selected from the shop of one of the owners.

A generous breakfast is served on the roof terrace, there is plenty of variety with at least one different dish cooked each day. The views over the Marmara Sea from the terrace are stunning.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and most helpful.

The location is excellent, in the middle of the tourist area of Sultanahmet and an easy walk to the major tourist attractions.

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by restaurants, many just offer typical tourist fair but the customer servic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rob091
There are newer reviews for Osmanhan Hotel

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I don't do many trip advisor reviews as I am often sceptical of the content. I do however wander why as I am laying on my bed listening to the thump of the base from the hostel opposite why no one has mentioned how noises this area is. Yes the hotel is lovely and clean and the staff very helpful but I did not pay £100 per night to be entertained by the latest house music, which has obviously just on for this weekend as no one else seemed to have mentioned it.

Room Tip: Avoid the room 42 as its opposite a hostel that likes loud base music
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peteweston
Reviewed 25 December 2013

What a wonderfully pleasant stay at eh Osmanhan Hotel. Rooms were comfortable and charming. Location, we couldn't have asked for better. Near so much, restaurants, shops, tourist attractions yet quite in the evenings. Breakfast on the roof top was wonderful. Food always fresh and tasty and the views... couldn't ask for more. Lastly the service was excellent and extremely friendly. Felt like they were genuinely interested in making our stay a pleasant one and they went out of their way to assist when they could. I would me remiss not to mention Ilknur he really did seem to always want to go above and beyond. If I return to Istanbul, which I hope I will I will have no need to search out another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rizan22
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I chose this hotel based on word of mouth from previous visitors and Tripadvisor reviews.
It seems to be everything you need, small and quiet, very clean and comfortable, friendly staff and a nice selection for breakfast, add in free wi-fi and location to public transport, tourist sites and restaurants there is no need to go anywhere else.

I arrived in Istanbul at 4:30am, hotel had arranged airport pickup, arriving at reception on a dark, cool morning at about 5:15am I expected I might have been wandering the streets waiting for check-in. To my great relief a very friendly guy checked me in immediately gave my my key so I was able to get a few hours sleep then go up to the roof terrace and enjoy breakfast.

Thanks guys...much appreciated !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank allanmc
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is may the best choice you can make if you plan to go to istanbul!
The location is near to all the hotspots, and nice restaurants and some ATM's are also just a few streets away. Also near you can find a laundry if you plan to wash your clothes cheap...
The hotel itself is not so big but there is a really great atmosphere! The hotelstuff talks nearly perfect english and is really really nice! From the pick-up service to the restaurant recommendation, everything was perfect!
Eventrough they had major-problems with electrics for a couple of hours, they managed to still make our pick up service work!

The breakfast is excellent and the view is fantastic!

the room itself is tidy and has everything you need!

Perfect choice!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Saaamchan
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We chose the hotel based on reading TripAdvisor and found it to be a perfect choice for us. The staff was very friendly and helpful via email from day one when we inquired about availability. We exchanged emails and they gave me information that was very handy as we planned the trip to Turkey.
When we arrived, all very welcoming, in particular Ilknur helped us with restaurant and choices of activities and directions. He also gave me good tips on where not to go and caution on tourist traps.
They arranged for pick up at the airport and that worked very smoothly. We left Istanbul on a 5am flight and they made sure we were awake and transportation was ready on time. We also had an early departure for a day trip to Cappadocia and Mr Ilknur at the front desk offered to have a package ready for our breakfast. Very unexpected thoughtfulness and much appreciated, as for both early departures they gave us a bag with sandwiches and fruit.. handy for breakfast and even a snack during the flights.
Many restaurants nearby, and we could walk to most of the sites we wanted to see in the Old city and beyond. Ilknur gave us info on public transportation a few blocks away and we found it easy to get to and use the tram. It was raining hard one morning, and they sent us out w/ their umbrellas!
The rooms were spotless, nicely furnished and decorated w/ beautiful carpets. Coffee and tea and a mini fridge were handy to have during those odd wake up times w/ jet lag.
The breakfast buffett on the terrace was delicious and so many choices! The view is beautiful from the terrace and we enjoyed sunrise and sunset up there. Breakfast buffett had it all, eggs, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, breads, local cheeses, tea, coffee, juices, milk, etc. In good weather, sitting outside and in all weather nice to be inside by the large windows on the terrace room. There is another terrace one level up with tables as well.
We had two rooms on the 2nd floor and they were quiet even with folks going up/down steps. All the staff was friendly and talked with us when we came in, checked on how our visit was coming along and cared about our stay. We enjoyed talking with them and appreciated their concern that we were enjoying Istanbul. We had a wonderful stay, loved the people we met in hotel and the city and wish we had more time. We'd stay there again and would definitely recommend a stay at the Osmanhan Hotel. Excellent and caring service: 5+ rating

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are not big, but they are handy to go in/out. Rooms higher are larger and have more...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank lilianamg
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A lovely boutique hotel in a great area. Only few rooms that makes it special, the service is excellent . It is located in a very nice historical area where you can easily find museum, turkish bath, full of cafe shops, restaurants, The staff are very helpful and always trying to help. The room is cosy. excellent for couples. You can easily go to Taksim square by Metro.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business