1,102 results
All reviews rooftop terrace topkapi palace blue mosque turkey no elevator every morning breakfast is served marmara sea small hotel yogurt top floor excellent location minute walk breakfast room major attractions restaurants and bars sultanahmet area
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed seven nights at the Osmanhan Hotel and couldn't fault it.

We arrived very early on the first day after a long flight from Australia, it was well before check-in time but we welcomed by the hotel staff, offered complimentary breakfast and coffee and made to feel most welcome.

Our room was well appointed, comfortable and clean with plenty of seating. The photos on the web site are an accurate representation of the condition of the hotel. A special touch is the rugs in the rooms are selected from the shop of one of the owners.

A generous breakfast is served on the roof terrace, there is plenty of variety with at least one different dish cooked each day. The views over the Marmara Sea from the terrace are stunning.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and most helpful.

The location is excellent, in the middle of the tourist area of Sultanahmet and an easy walk to the major tourist attractions.

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by restaurants, many just offer typical tourist fair but the customer service is generally very good and they mostly either offer great views or street scenes. Our favourites were Cihannuma Restaurant and AHIRKAPI BALIKCISI.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rob091
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I don't do many trip advisor reviews as I am often sceptical of the content. I do however wander why as I am laying on my bed listening to the thump of the base from the hostel opposite why no one has mentioned how noises this area is. Yes the hotel is lovely and clean and the staff very helpful but I did not pay £100 per night to be entertained by the latest house music, which has obviously just on for this weekend as no one else seemed to have mentioned it.

Room Tip: Avoid the room 42 as its opposite a hostel that likes loud base music
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peteweston
Reviewed 25 December 2013

What a wonderfully pleasant stay at eh Osmanhan Hotel. Rooms were comfortable and charming. Location, we couldn't have asked for better. Near so much, restaurants, shops, tourist attractions yet quite in the evenings. Breakfast on the roof top was wonderful. Food always fresh and tasty and the views... couldn't ask for more. Lastly the service was excellent and extremely friendly. Felt like they were genuinely interested in making our stay a pleasant one and they went out of their way to assist when they could. I would me remiss not to mention Ilknur he really did seem to always want to go above and beyond. If I return to Istanbul, which I hope I will I will have no need to search out another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rizan22
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I chose this hotel based on word of mouth from previous visitors and Tripadvisor reviews.
It seems to be everything you need, small and quiet, very clean and comfortable, friendly staff and a nice selection for breakfast, add in free wi-fi and location to public transport, tourist sites and restaurants there is no need to go anywhere else.

I arrived in Istanbul at 4:30am, hotel had arranged airport pickup, arriving at reception on a dark, cool morning at about 5:15am I expected I might have been wandering the streets waiting for check-in. To my great relief a very friendly guy checked me in immediately gave my my key so I was able to get a few hours sleep then go up to the roof terrace and enjoy breakfast.

Thanks guys...much appreciated !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank allanmc
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is may the best choice you can make if you plan to go to istanbul!
The location is near to all the hotspots, and nice restaurants and some ATM's are also just a few streets away. Also near you can find a laundry if you plan to wash your clothes cheap...
The hotel itself is not so big but there is a really great atmosphere! The hotelstuff talks nearly perfect english and is really really nice! From the pick-up service to the restaurant recommendation, everything was perfect!
Eventrough they had major-problems with electrics for a couple of hours, they managed to still make our pick up service work!

The breakfast is excellent and the view is fantastic!

the room itself is tidy and has everything you need!

Perfect choice!