“Friendliest hotel I have encountered in Istanbul - Osman Han”
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Osmanhan Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Melbourne
“Friendliest hotel I have encountered in Istanbul - Osman Han”
Reviewed 19 January 2010

This is the most friendliest hotel that I came across in Istanbul. The people are very friendly, rooms are clean and very stylish. I would say staying in this hotel worth every penny you, and probably even more that it worth. This place got a very friendly vibe that makes you feel like home and relax yourself after a day in the busy Istanbul. You can have a quiet time in their roof top with your special one, looking out to the Asian zone with a very nice cuppa.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank luvIstanbul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Pardesiya
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I chose this hotel for a one night stay based on its ranking in trip advisor - and they deserve every bit of their high rating.
I expected to be happy and was very happy with the place. Just few examples:
1.I ordered a single room but received a large double room. They are very generous.

2.The room was filled with antiques. After talking with Ahmet I understood this is not by co-incidence. He is an expert in antiques restoration so guests benefits from this.

3.And, mentioning restoration...my bag was damaged so owner immediately took his tools and helped me. Isn't this hospitality.

4.My lap top didn’t work, so they borrowed me their lap top for some internet, skyping etc.

5.I had a guest, professor from Istanbul university that joined me for breakfast - and they were so friendly to him as well.

6.From the breakfast terrace almost 360 degrees views, the sea, the blue mosque (I think) and some other old buildings and streets. Could have spend there hours (but had to go for some sightseeing).

7.even in 22 hours stay they had enough time to develop some personal connections with me, some small talks with several of the staff people - all are very nice.

Location is perfect. It is in the old city, where in a small area there are many small hotels, restaurants etc. 5 minutes from blue mosque, Aya Sofia etc. Very quite and feels very safe to walk at night.

Highly recommended. I will come again in June when I plan t visit Istanbul with by wife and daughter.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank RJDPardesiya
Granada
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Fantastic location, in a quiet area 2 or 3 minutes' walk from the Blue Mosque, Topkapi, Hagia Sophia, bars, restaurants, shops and tram stop, with a breakfast terrace overlooking the Sea of Marmara and with a close-up, albeit partial, view of the Blue Mosque. Newly renovated building with a definite charm, but admittedly most of the hotels in the area are in similar buildings. Room not luxurious, but perfectly well appointed, comfortable, quiet and spotlessly clean. What made it exceptional, almost unique in my experience, was the staff. All of them, without exception, were at all times faultlessly friendly, attentive, helpful and polite.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank El-Ghiri
Minnesota
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We (my husband and I and our two young adult children) just returned from a two week vacation in Istanbul and Edirne; 9 of those nights were spent at the Osmanhan Hotel.
I had originally booked a different hotel that had been recommended by friends, but based on tripadvisor reviews, I decided to change our reservations to Osmanhan.
We are all so glad I made that decision!
This was the best service we have ever received at a hotel anywhere. The wonderful staff (Ahmet, Leyla, and Birol) made sure we had everything we needed. The owners (Mustafa and Hamit) oversee every detail to make sure all guests are well cared for. And Fatih, the hotel manager, is easily the best hotel manager we have ever met. He speaks excellent English and was unbelievably helpful to us throughout our stay.
They were all amazing! Everyone made sure we had the best stay possible. I cannot praise the Osmanhan staff enough.
The hotel is small but very comfortable and immaculate. The location is perfect, located in the Sultanahmet, 5-10 minutes from many major sites/monuments. We walked everywhere. The area surrounding the hotel is very clean and convenient - lots of great restaurants (we loved Turquoise!) and a couple small mini markets.
Breakfast is provided every morning on a terrace with spectacular views over the rooftops of Istanbul and onto the Sea of Marmara.
Breakfast is traditional Turkish, same as other places we stayed, except the quality is better - very fresh bread and fruit, excellent coffee and tea, fresh juices, wonderful yogurts and cheeses, olives, etc. And Mustafa's wife baked fresh cakes or pastries for breakfast almost every morning we were there!
Everything is very clean - the terrace, the rooms, the bathrooms, the stairs, the lobby, etc. The showers had good hot water and good pressure.
The staff will take care of your laundry for you - send it out and bring it back.
There is free wireless throughout the hotel, which we really appreciated. The desk is staffed 24 hours/day.
Mustafa and Hamit showed us their carpet shop; they are very knowledgeable about the history and restoration of traditional carpets from Cappadocia. It was fascinating to learn from them!
Leyla is there providing wonderful, friendly service every morning at breakfast and also keeps everything immaculate every day!
We had to leave at 3:30 AM in order to make our flight, and Ahmet and Fatih even packed us breakfasts for our early departures!
We were surprised to learn that the hotel will be closed a few days in January for some remodeling and upgrading - it is already clean, modern, and efficient - so it should be even more spectacular soon!
Without hesitation, I highly recommend the Osmanhan Hotel to anyone who is looking for a small, comfortable, clean, extremely well-run hotel in a perfect location in Istanbul.
This is only the second review I have ever posted at tripadvisor - the other one (my first) was posted five years ago (Prague).
I decided to post this review because Osmanhan is fantastic! Thank you very much for making our stay in Istanbul so memorable!

Stayed December 2009
5 Thank CatherineMinnesota
Sydney
Reviewed 14 December 2009

We stayed at the Osmanhan Hotel for 5 nights at the end of Nov09 it is in a very good location close to all the major sites and tram/metro stops so getting around Istanbul was easy. The hotel was very clean the room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. The staff were very friendly and more than willing to help with any questions we asked. Breakfast was included and it was the best breakfasts we had while travelling around the Middle East. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cookie010
Boston
Reviewed 7 December 2009

My son and I stayed ay Osman Han for nine nights. We were picked up by the transport at the airport arranged by the hotel. We were welcomed at the reception and our luggage was brought to the room. The room was slightly smaller than we expected, but certainly adequate.
It was very clean and it remained very clean throughout our stay with new white linen every day. We could hear some noise outside till around midnight, but that did not bother us very much. Once we got over the jet lag, then there was no problem at all.
The top floor, where breakfast was served, had a beautiful view of sea and city. The breakfast had plenty of choice for us and was served by Abdulla and Leyla, who knew little English, but we had no problem getting what we wanted. They were very keen to serve.
The rooms had air conditioning, and heating but did not need any of it. The room was smoke free.
Fatih and Ahmet who took turns at the front desk were always there to help you with site seeing, shopping and restaurants. We met the owner of the hotel, Hamit, himself a number of times, who made sure we were well looked after.
The location of the hotel is fantanstic. Major attractions and the tram at walking distance.
If you are a Muslim, which, we are, you can walk to Blue Mosque for prayers.
We certainly recommend this hotel without any reservation.
Ayyaz, Tahir.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank Ayyaz
DUBAI
Reviewed 6 December 2009

We spent four days last week at the Osmanhan. One of the best places we have ever stayed, This isn't a luxury hotel with room service - it's a seven room family run masterpiece. Paid a few extra euros for a deluxe double. It's worth it. Fatih is at the front desk - listen to all his recommendations - he is a pleasure to deal with - the best customer service representative ever . Go to the restaurants he recommends. Their policy on restaurant recommendations: If any customer ever complains - they stop recommending it. Meet the owner and visit his carpet shop with honest fixed prices. The area of town is fantastic for restaurants and shopping and very safe. The rooftop deck for breakfast is wonderful. I give this hotel six or seven stars. Istanbul is great - Osmanhan makes it better. The first and maybe the only hotel review I have written or will write.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple