“Would definitely stay here again”
Review of Hotel Evsen

Hotel Evsen
Ranked #199 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Once we found the hotel, the staff was fantastic. We arrived on a drizzly afternoon and it was very nice to be offered a glass of cinnamon apple tea as we checked in. We (2 of us) had reserved our room online and it was one of their smaller rooms, although the website indicated it was suitable for 2 people. When we checked in the staff tried to talk me into a larger room, which I declined. The room was indeed very small, with little space to walk around the bed and no exterior window. The next morning, the staff without a request from me, insisted on relocating us to a larger room, to which I gave in. They moved everything and when we returned later from a day of sight-seeing, we had a nice spacious room overlooking the street. Staff was very helpful throughout our 4-night stay.

Getting to the hotel from the tram was a bit of a challenge as we did not have a super-detailed map. There are a whole bunch of little streets and alleys in this neighborhood and it seems like the names of the thoroughfares change every block or two. Once you find this place you'll love the location as it is in short walking distance from a number of sights and the tram. It is the perfect location. And there are a ton of eateries nearby. I would stay here again without hesitation and recommend it to others!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Evsen

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This small hotel is a 10 minute walk to the blue mosque and Sofia mosque.it is surrounded by stores and restaurants that come alive at night. My only complaint is that they put a very strong room deodorizer in rooms and that my room was teeny weeny and had no window.the elevator which goes up to the 6th floor restaurant is also tiny that only 3 persons can fit in.breakfast was however good and there is free internet in rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank betty l
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just stayed at Hotel Evsen for a total of 7 nights with 2 of my friends (we were a group of 3 girls all in our mid-20's). Another one of our friends joined us and stayed in a room by herself which she also loved.

We all had an AMAZING stay and could not be happier with the hotel and the staff! I'm not sure why the other reviews are saying that the rooms were too small...we stayed in a Comfort Triple Room and there was more than enough space for all of us -- it was a great size. The room was decorated really nicely and was very clean - the bathroom was nice too (very clean). They cleaned the room every day and provided fresh towels which was really nice.

The staff here are amazing. Hayder and Turan were so helpful and kind. We all became friends by the end of the trip. I highly recommend asking them for tips and advice and just have conversation with them. They are so friendly! Travelling as a group of 4 girls, they made us feel really comfortable and safe.

The hotel also has free coffee which we became addicted too (the cappucino's are amazing). The breakfast was nice as well.

The hotel is a 5-7 minute walk from the Blue Mosque / Hagia Sophia / Topkapi Palace - it's in a really good location. We also headed to Taksim often which is only a 10 lira cab ride or a 15 min tram ride. The hotel is also really close to the tram stop which we used quite often to get to Ortakoy and Bebek.

I would 100% recommend Hotel Evsen. We had an amazing stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rubab H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

As written by everyone already, the location of this hotel is great as it is walking distance from major attractions. Book this hotel if you aren't staying long in the room and are just looking for a clean room and bed to sleep in. The room is so small there is no place to walk after opening one luggage. We came by taxi the first day and this is probably a mistake. The taxi driver could not find the hotel despite asking about 10 different drivers. There was also heavy traffic in old town so not ideal to be stuck in the narrow roads and searching for the hotel. Taxi driver gave up, deposited our luggage at the road side and told us it was very near, despite agreeing to drop us at the doorstep when we were discussing the taxi fare. We lugged our suitcases around for 20 minutes before finding the place. Save yourself some trouble and take the tram and have some idea where the hotel is before arriving. The hotel should be near both Sirkeci and Gülhane station, but we find Gülhane more convenient for us.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eksplorling
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in great area just by tram to Gülhane station. I walked upward historical area where you enjoy Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi, Basilica cistern and museums. A lot of nice restaurant are around. Even though the room (I stayed at room 401) is small and the waste water in shower area didn't drain well, I was still happy.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Friendly staff, very good position concerning top tourist destinations of Istanbul but the smallest rooms I ever visit in a hotel.
Fortunately, I was book the comfort room (is is little bigger than standard and got balcony). I don't want to imagine how small can be the standard one.
The rooms aren't sufficient for one person not for a couple. We've got two suitecases and we have to put the one over the other in order to move around the room. No question about a chair or something to put the suitcases on, simply not feet. As about the balcony it is simply the name as it wasn't bigger than 20cm long, you can step out and step in, that's it.
Staff are very friendly and try to do the best but I felt suffocate in that room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 7 July 2014

MY single room was so small there wasn't enough room to open my suitcase on the floor, and the tiny window was blocked up. I was only staying for one night and arrived late so it wasn't a big problem but wouldn't have wanted to stay in that room any longer. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the position of the hotel is wonderful

Room Tip: ask to see your room before confirming
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business