“Close to the centre..”

Ranked #692 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Catania, Italy
“Close to the centre..”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Me and my girl friend we stayed in this hotel from 24/11 forward ,room "Tuci" the price we payed for it, is right for what we get, very cheap and convenient ,room are a bit small, toilet too, especially the sink, we couldn't wash properly, The shower contrariwise very comfortable, steps going to the room are uncomfortable and a bit dangerous,in fact, i slipped down the stairs, fortunately, I am not hurt so much, room presents warm most of the time,nice view, but I think it need a good arranged aesthetics, after all, as i said, for what we paid for it it's ok.
The staff is managed in family, nice person and available, the only flaw they miss a little smile..
Breakfast not too abundant, especially if you get late in the morning, you don't get eggs..
So after all i can suggest who want to economize their trip in Istanbul. "Pay for what you get".
This is not a complain.
Thanks for every things!!

Room Tip: I would choose the first floor, Tuci room by the sea, i didn't see the other ones..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geezeer77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We (2 girl friends) stayed here at the end of October 2013 for 4 nights. Nice room with sea view and sunset. Mr Balkir and family were very attentive and helped book excursions, taxi transfers and even accompanied us to the Grand Bazaar to help negotiate. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Heather M
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel and I love it.The hotel is great,location is excellent,close to all major attractions.My friends and I loved this place,the room was great,the owner is one good man who gave us the best servise.The hotel arranged airport transfer,great wifi conections,breakfeast was great..I'm more than satisfied and for sure,i plan to come back in this hotel.

Room Tip: Each room is good,i stayed at Nefertiti apartment and i 'm so satisfied.It's a big room,clea...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed 2 nights in Mystic hotel and Im very satisfied with the service. I have ordered private car to pick me and friends up on airport and the driver was there on time. Hotel is very good. Its just 3 minutes walk from Blue mosque. Hotel stuff was more then helpfull. Our room was clean and i loved it, and price is not much really. This hotel felt like home really, and next visit to Istanbul, I will definately stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is close to all the major attractions and the cost of a room represents very good value for money, the owner was very helpful and gave me good advice on how to get to the Asian side of Istanbul.
Breakfast was OK nothing special but for the price charged I did not expect anything much.
The only thing that I did not like were the stairs, they are very steep and the lights along them are activated by a sensor which comes on just a bit too late, a lower or ground floor room would be best for those who are not fit or confident with steep stairs.

So if you are looking for good cheap accommodation as a base to visit Istanbul then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DM2008
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed for 5 nights here - 4 nights before touring other parts of Turkey and another night before flying home.

Good location - walking distance to attractions like Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Basillica Cistern, Topkapi...Sultanahmet tram station also within walking distance. Its situated on a steep slope, not suitable for physically challenged people.

Excellent wifi service.

The hotel arranged airport transfer for us. It may be slightly expensive from the shuttle service but we were satisfied with the service - very punctual, nice spacious car for the 3 of us.

We booked a standard triple room but were given a quad room instead. We hardly had any place to put our 3 big bags. To make it worse, the room is on the 2nd floor; no lift, only narrow stairs. We had to carry the bags ourselves. The bathroom is also small. If you get a quad room on 2nd floor, please ask for other room.

The last night, they gave us a triple room - Nefertiti, better than the quad room. I believe this is the one that the hotel promised us but failed to provide us for the 4 nights we stayed earlier. Slightly bigger room & bathroom. Also, its on 1st floor.

The family hardly smile at us or talk to us. We also didnt get any discount for staying 5 nights with them. We should have asked.

If we ever visit Istanbul again, we dont think we will stay here again unless we get a room on 1st floor.

Room Tip: Nefertiti - on 1st floor, 1 single bed & a double bed, bigger bathroom, not seaview
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank emyliamohdnor
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel in March 2010. It might have gotten better by now. Arriving before noon, I was ignored by the owner who kept on talking on the phone while I stood there. My room was on the top floor with a window in the ceiling. I asked for another option. He kindly showed me a larger ground floor room. The bed was large but not very comfortable and the toilet seat was inside the shower! The hotel is situated by a steep slope leading to the Hippodrome facing a beautiful Ottoman mosque. You cannot bring overnight guests at all. On the last day, he asked for my room as he had more guests arriving. He wanted me to pay EUR 50 and stay in another hotel. I refused to pay any extras. Finally, he put me up in Sokullu apartments (check review) which was great. For free.

Room Tip: Top floor room has a ceiling window.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo