“Very good value for money”
Review of Mystic Hotel

and 1 more site!
Mystic Hotel
Ranked #697 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed for a week in the Mystic hotel on the third floor where we had a great view of the Marmara sea and a lovely local mosque. It is located 5 minutes from the Blue Mosque and Haga Sofia and in walking distance of some of the best sites including the Great Basar and Topkapi palace.

The rooms are made up every day. Although simple they are clean with comfortable beds. Best of all is the charming family who run the hotel. Oktay and his family were very friendly and helpful. They speak English and Oktay speaks very good French as well.

I hope to get back there soon as there are still so many things I want to see.

Room Tip: Our third floor room had a great view but there is no lift and the seagulls were sometimes a little...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Philippa M

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had a 21 hour layover and i'm very happy that I decided to stay at Mystic Hotel. It's cheap, short walking distance from sushi sights as Hagia Sophia, The Blue Mosque, The Grand Basar and Topkapi Palace (that unfortunately was closed as I was there on a Tuesday). There is also a tram stop nearby that will get you back and forth to Atatürk Airport in under one hour for about 7 turkish lira (thats about 2,4 EUR or 3,2 USD) if you get a electronic metro card.

The hotel was simple and clean with a cosy family looking after it. I had a spectacular view of the Sea of Marmara from my hotel window, the same view that graces the terrace where you can have breakfast. The only problem what that it is probably rather thin walls in the hotel because I woke up at 00:30 because the german guests in the room next to me were talking very loud. I normally sleep very soundly and very rarely get disturbed by anything while sleeping so they must have been drunk and talking pretty loudly. But it died down after I had punded the wall a bit.

Other than that every thing was pretty great considering the price.
I would definitely stay at Mystic Hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask to get one of the rooms with a view of the Sea of Marmara.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Wiktor S
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The location is very convenient, only 5 minutes walk from Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace and Haya Sophia Museum are also close-by. The hotel is located on a steep hill though so be prepared for some exercise.
We initially booked the loft room but were kindly given a room on the 1st floor which had two single beds and a double bed. The room was pretty small but I was happy that we didnt have to stay in the loft room. The room could do with some cleaning though and there was no handwash in the bathroom. Also the windows would not stay open, we had to keep something in the window to prevent it from sliding down.
Breakfast was okay, though dont expect anything warm and the juice was not nice at all. They had both grape and orange and they tasted like medicine.
Overall I was happy with my stay as we didn't pay much and we were given a room on the first floor. Also airport transfer was arranged by the hotel for 22 Euros which was great.
One thing I was unhappy with was that we got ripped off with the tours that the hotel booked for us. We paid 100 Euros for two adults and three children to go to Topkapi Palace and Little Haya Sofia mosque (which is free) and I was under the assumption that we would go to see Haya Sophia Museum and this is what the hotel staff mentioned as well when they were booking for us. They said that to go to Topkapi Palace its 25 Euros for adults and its also chargeable for kids when infact its 25 TL for adults and kids are free. If you go to this hotel don't book the tours with 'SHE Tours' which the hotel have an association with.
We also booked a tour to go on the Bosphorus Cruise which cost us 70 Euros and this included the Cable Car ride at Pierre Lotte.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Yasir K
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We booked this hotel for 7 nights. It is a central placed little sweet hotel with small prices. We had a clean room with seaview. This hotel has a familiar atmosphere with a very kind personal which consists of the friendly family members. we would book this hotel anytime when we are in istanbul:)
Suna, Eniscan and ZeynepBetül

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank EnSuZe
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The location is perfect! 3 minutes walking to Sultanahment and tram station. The hotel is clean and the owners are very friendly.
Too cold in the dining (breakfast) room. I assume its ok during summer but in December it is very chilly as no heating is provided (at all).

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are a bit bigger
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2013

my husband and i stayed in this small hotel with a great location in the quiet neighborhood behind the blue mosque. the rooms were okay, tho hard to get into the bathroom as it is so small. we also heard the water pipes going on and off all night; quite annoying!
but the worst part is the unfriendly faces of the family who run the place. not one smile, or kindness showed. i was very happy to leave!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank happynomad513
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Me and my girl friend we stayed in this hotel from 24/11 forward ,room "Tuci" the price we payed for it, is right for what we get, very cheap and convenient ,room are a bit small, toilet too, especially the sink, we couldn't wash properly, The shower contrariwise very comfortable, steps going to the room are uncomfortable and a bit dangerous,in fact, i slipped down the stairs, fortunately, I am not hurt so much, room presents warm most of the time,nice view, but I think it need a good arranged aesthetics, after all, as i said, for what we paid for it it's ok.
The staff is managed in family, nice person and available, the only flaw they miss a little smile..
Breakfast not too abundant, especially if you get late in the morning, you don't get eggs..
So after all i can suggest who want to economize their trip in Istanbul. "Pay for what you get".
This is not a complain.
Thanks for every things!!

Room Tip: I would choose the first floor, Tuci room by the sea, i didn't see the other ones..
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple