“Not Great”

and 1 more site!
Mystic Hotel
Ranked #694 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Mystic is in a good location near the Blue Mosque. The room was a good size and the shower good. But the room was not very clean and there was damp patches on the roof. The shower was pretty dirty. A reasonable breakfast served with total disinterest by the owners daughter,the same juice stayed in the container for 5 days not cooled. The owner was nice but has been in the buisness too long & is jaded.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank christopher c

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel very helpful and especially they are family hotel thats why very advantageous They have very clean rooms. I stayed another woman with same time we met they. She is from iran. She say to lie. I was suprised thats review. Boss is very good person ı'm sure ı will stay to here .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank complicat3d
Reviewed 7 June 2014

first of all I should tell you that mystic is just hostel not hotel.
it is very dirty and totally different from photos! dont trust on them!
they dont have elavator and the stairs are so small and tight that just 1 person can pass stairs at a time! and all the time you should go up or down the stairs very carefully!the lighting of the hostel is terrible because for example it has 10 stairs, you should reach to the fifth stairs and then the light will on! thats terrible you should pass half of the stairs with no light!!!! especially those small stairs!there were no help for carrying our luggages! and they have a cat that all the time running in the hotel and there were lots of cat's hair on the chairs of restaurant, and one night i saw that the cat was sleeping on the table of breakfast!!! once i entered their kitchen, it was terrible and dirty.thanks god at least they have dish washer!! there were a tv that it was not flat , and i am sure that tv was for them and when they decide to trow it away, they bring it to room for their guests, and it was a mini bar in our room that it was dirty and not working at all! and also no telephone in rooms, whenever you need something you should go downstairs.one night we need 2 glass of hot water,we stayed at so called lobby for 10 minutes,( because they couldnt bring us water to our room) they gave us hot water in 2 different glass, one white and one blue!! we were staying at room "pasha" that it didnt have internnet connection because the modem was so far from our room, and whenever we want to use internet, we should go and sit @ stairs in the floor!and about bathrom: on the first day one tissue paper fall from my hand on the corner of bathroom, and it was still there when we were leaving hostel on the day sixth!!!! they didnt clean bath for 6 days! and they just gave us 3 soap and 3 shampoos (each one for 1 use) in 6 days!and they were so cold and impolite, they didnt even smile at guests, especially their daughter, i said good morning to her, she didnt answer!I have proof for all these claims.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank n n
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We are stayed 3 nights and love it. Very good location and good stuff. ı come to again to mystic hotel.the hotel arranged airport transfer also great wifi connections.This hotel felt like at home.I will sure stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed for a week in the Mystic hotel on the third floor where we had a great view of the Marmara sea and a lovely local mosque. It is located 5 minutes from the Blue Mosque and Haga Sofia and in walking distance of some of the best sites including the Great Basar and Topkapi palace.

The rooms are made up every day. Although simple they are clean with comfortable beds. Best of all is the charming family who run the hotel. Oktay and his family were very friendly and helpful. They speak English and Oktay speaks very good French as well.

I hope to get back there soon as there are still so many things I want to see.

Room Tip: Our third floor room had a great view but there is no lift and the seagulls were sometimes a little...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Philippa M
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had a 21 hour layover and i'm very happy that I decided to stay at Mystic Hotel. It's cheap, short walking distance from sushi sights as Hagia Sophia, The Blue Mosque, The Grand Basar and Topkapi Palace (that unfortunately was closed as I was there on a Tuesday). There is also a tram stop nearby that will get you back and forth to Atatürk Airport in under one hour for about 7 turkish lira (thats about 2,4 EUR or 3,2 USD) if you get a electronic metro card.

The hotel was simple and clean with a cosy family looking after it. I had a spectacular view of the Sea of Marmara from my hotel window, the same view that graces the terrace where you can have breakfast. The only problem what that it is probably rather thin walls in the hotel because I woke up at 00:30 because the german guests in the room next to me were talking very loud. I normally sleep very soundly and very rarely get disturbed by anything while sleeping so they must have been drunk and talking pretty loudly. But it died down after I had punded the wall a bit.

Other than that every thing was pretty great considering the price.
I would definitely stay at Mystic Hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask to get one of the rooms with a view of the Sea of Marmara.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Wiktor S
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The location is very convenient, only 5 minutes walk from Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace and Haya Sophia Museum are also close-by. The hotel is located on a steep hill though so be prepared for some exercise.
We initially booked the loft room but were kindly given a room on the 1st floor which had two single beds and a double bed. The room was pretty small but I was happy that we didnt have to stay in the loft room. The room could do with some cleaning though and there was no handwash in the bathroom. Also the windows would not stay open, we had to keep something in the window to prevent it from sliding down.
Breakfast was okay, though dont expect anything warm and the juice was not nice at all. They had both grape and orange and they tasted like medicine.
Overall I was happy with my stay as we didn't pay much and we were given a room on the first floor. Also airport transfer was arranged by the hotel for 22 Euros which was great.
One thing I was unhappy with was that we got ripped off with the tours that the hotel booked for us. We paid 100 Euros for two adults and three children to go to Topkapi Palace and Little Haya Sofia mosque (which is free) and I was under the assumption that we would go to see Haya Sophia Museum and this is what the hotel staff mentioned as well when they were booking for us. They said that to go to Topkapi Palace its 25 Euros for adults and its also chargeable for kids when infact its 25 TL for adults and kids are free. If you go to this hotel don't book the tours with 'SHE Tours' which the hotel have an association with.
We also booked a tour to go on the Bosphorus Cruise which cost us 70 Euros and this included the Cable Car ride at Pierre Lotte.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family