“The best kebab grill in town”
Review of Zubeyir Ocakbasi

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
London, United Kingdom
“The best kebab grill in town”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Off the beaten track. They have an open grill, teppanyaki style. This was the best shish and minced meat kebab we had in Istanbul - delightful succulent and moist, cooked in front of your eyes.

They had run out of a few things but it was Sunday night so suspect that was the reason. Great meal.

Visited May 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“I looooove this place!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I happened to eat at Zubeyir the first night in Istanbul and I wish I hadn't, because no other restaurant after really lived up to this place! In fact, I went back for my last meal, to leave the city with a real taste of the best Turkish food I've ever had, served by efficient and helpful staff in a truly great atmosphere. It is simply a great experience! If you are planning on eating there at week-ends though, you must book! It gets very busy, but they totally deserve it! Oh.. and it's very good value for money.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Marzia F
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great food ruined by service”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The food was very enjoyable, as mentioned by many people before. The service however ruined my experience - the waiter made me feel like my existence interfered with his enjoyment of life and conversations with other waiters he was having while taking our order. I was disappointed.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Expensive, chefs cooking in front of you if you're lucky enough to get a spot”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I started with the tzatziki, which was some of the best I have ever had. Highly recommend it. I also had a traditional kebab plate, which was good, but I was glad I had the tzatziki for dipping because the meat wasn't really much different than what you'd find at other places. I wish I would have ordered some of the more original menu items. The wine and beer list was way overpriced, but they did bring out free kahve with the meal, which was a plus.

I was not all that comfortable eating here alone though. Much better to go with other people. The dining space (several floors for dining) is setup much better for that.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank libertina628
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very local, cosy and delicious! It is a MUST go restaurant for kebab and meet. Try local wine and enjoy

Visited May 2014