“A Hidden Gem!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Chanced upon this quaint little local restaurant by sheer luck. Extremely hospitable owner and his staff. Loved the indoor grill. The food was wonderful! You must have the Beyti kebab and Adana Kebab here. Sheer bliss! As always, this reinforced the wonderful experiences I've had at small local eateries being more authentic than the fine dining and oft touted best restaurants in the city. Don't miss this place. Make reservations before you go as it seats only 20 pax.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Got good reviews but for a short walk there are better. Bread and lavash were not fresh. Tzaziki was good as was the eggplant and chard but not any better than elsewhere. The lamb chops, three, were good but small, one biters. To small for a main. No acompanments other than onion and parsley salad with sumac. Wouldn't go back. Took longer to get bill than to eat the meal. It was like we were doing them a favor.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was recommended to us by a friend who went here. We ate here on our first night and it was a great intro do Turkish food.

There are so many places on Istiklal it is hard to know what is good. This was great, authentic, Turkish food. We knew it was a good place when we arrived and there was a line out the door. So, if you go, just make sure to have a reservation.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Dinner was very pleasant, the meze platter tasty and substantial. My main course was mixed together with my wife's on one plate and served like a snack. We were not sure that thus was our main course so we nibbled away, fortunately we had filled up on the starter, this is quite an odd way to serve food. Not great value for money.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I decided to try this restaurant after reading so many nice reviews about this place but I have to say I left really disappointed. Maybe because I was a solo traveller but after they took my order nobody came to look after me and I've been ignored completely. They have lots of waiters working in this restaurant but they were always checking on other customers or they were too busy setting up tables for potential new costumers. I ordered the urfa kebab and I have to say the portion was quite small so I decided to order a dessert and I grabbed a menu from the seat next to me but even with a menu in front of me nobody came to ask me if I wanted to order something else or if I was happy about my food...nothing! A waiter cleard my plate without even looking at me and he left straight away. I stayed there for a while waiting for some service but I gave up and asked for the bill instead. I waited for a while and not getting the bill I asked again to another waiter. At this stage I was pretty upset and couldn't wait to leave. This second waiter gave me the bill which was just a piece of paper with the total handwritten. Is it possible that a place so popular can't provide proper tax invoices to the customers? And I paid more than I expected because probably they charged me for the service (which honestly was laughable!)
I really had better service in all the places I had lunch or dinner during my week stay in Istanbul.
Having said so I have to say that the food is ok but pricey and the decor of the restaurant and the atmosphere is pretty nice.