“Great stay! Fantastic Service! Great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Tomtom Suites
Ranked #8 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Houston, Texas
“Great stay! Fantastic Service! Great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

went to Istanbul as the first part to our honeymoon! It was fantastic! Istanbul is beautiful! But the best part was staying at Tom Tom Suites! Nural provided great service and so friendly! We had maps and great advice. He set up a dinner at Tapasuma on the Asian side, had a boat and taxi arranged for us! We absolutely loved it and recommend 100% if you want a boutique, clean, awesome view of Istanbul! Easy access to Istiklal Cadessi and to the tram!
We had dinner the first night at Nicole and the food was great! I recommend it!
Our room was great, clean and always had a surprise ( chocolates) when we returned! Since it was part of our honeymoon we got a a bottle of wine, very personalized! Loved loved it! Nural, fantastic customer service!!!

Leslie & Chris

Room Tip: Its centrally located! I recommend Tom Tom suites for a great experience~
3 Thank leslie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here before our Mediterranean cruise. the hotel is a mere 10 minute drive to the ship terminals and they provide free transfer.The suite was spacious, clean, and well decorated.
The staff were courteous, informative and helpful. They arranged a airport pick-up, private tour guide and restaurant reservations during our 3 day stay. Eat dinner one night at the top floor restaurant in the hotel. The best meal we had in Istanbul.

2 Thank Robert B
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We went to Istanbul late October 2013 for 4 nights and had the pleasure of booking Tomtom Suites. We stayed in a Deluxe suite on the 4 floor. The room was splendid, spacious, very comfortable, and clean. They offered free airport pickup with the booking which we also took up. I am a seasoned traveler to Istanbul, both for work and pleasure. I selected the location as it was the first visit for Istanbul for my wife - the location is superb. It is a 10-15 minute walk from the old town (Sultanahmet), Besiktas, and Taksim. It is right behind istiklal with all of its wonderful culture, restaurants, music cafes, and meyhanes yet the location of the hotel is completely quiet. The breakfast was plentiful and they cooked eggs on request. The views from the breakfast room are amazing and it was a great way to start your day!
The only negatives I can think of are:
- the coffee and tea in the room were not replenished on a daily basis
- no daily newspaper was offered
- it cost around 800 Euros for 4 nights (Deluxe room)
Knowing Istanbul and it's hotels quite well, despite being a great hotel, it was a treat for my wife, and next time i probably wont stay at Tomtom as expect a bit more for the price and I know I can get similar for less money..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Izzet G
firenze
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great experience with a bitter taste at the end. The hotel is perfect and the staff really helpfull, with good information about things to see and places to eat. The terrace is great and the room really big. But, as I said, something made me sad at the moment I had to pay. My first day at the hotel I recieved a phone call from a friend that lives in Istanbul. I wasn't in the room and when I was back the reception asked me if I wanted to ring back to my friend. My mistake was saying yes (instead of using my mobile)! I didn't know the charge and nobody told me, it wasn't even in the information papers in the room. Well, the last day I discovered that for a 20 minute conversation with a mobile number in Istanbul I spent 336 turkish liras!! That means 122 euro!! Well, with that money you can buy a one year subscription for a mobile. I complained a bit and they put the price to 250 turkish liras, still 90 euro. The bad thing is not about the money but about the feeling that thing left me while I was going away. I was really sad, because I can no more say that stay in tomtom suites was I great experience.
michele bocci

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank cesare71
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

When I travel I always check if there are good boutique hotels, often those in the Small Luxurious Hotel group. Hence I chose Tomtom on a recent trip to Istanbul with 4 other couples.

Due to some logistical issues of our own, we had to walk up Bogazkesen Cd which was lined with small shops and old buildings. These did not instill much confidence in some of my friends who have no idea of what hotel I was taking them to. When we turned the corner into Tomtom Kaptan Sk, in the misty hours of the dusk, we were greeted with the sight of a huge construction site with the sign Tomtom Gardens written across its front.

I could hear my friends fainting, if not cursing.

But I knew better. For only a few steps more to the next block, we were greeted at the door by Tomtom Suites' staff and from the reception lobby onwards, everything was beyond our expectation. The service, the attitude, the attention to details and .... the rooms. They were not only smart, clean, spacious but also tastefully furnished without going over the top. We loved it.

A friend said, "This is a hotel one can recommend."

How true.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter-the-Egg
Baden-Baden, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Tomtom Suites is located in a very nice, safe and quiet location of Istanbul, walking distance from shops, museums and restaurants. The room are big, comfortable and very well decorated. And they are very good providing service, warm and efficient. You feel that they really care. Tomtom has become our home in Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank APIbb
Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I cannot tell you anything new about this hotel, except that the service is beyond exceptional. Information, reservations, help, assistance, all kindly and with our well-being paramount. I would recommend this hotel and its amazing staff to all who want a memorable and unique Istanbul adventure.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor. No view, but quiet and private.
3 Thank spav01