Tomtom Suites
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
Sumengen Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$84
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$538
US$429
US$273
US$266
  • Pool
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$232
US$163
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$95
Travelocity
1,063 results
All reviewsitalian consulatetom tom suitestop floormarble bathroomnicole restaurantsmall luxury hotelquiet streetrooftop restaurantdeluxe suiteheated floorsistiklal caddesirooms are hugeseparate showerjacuzzi tubthe main shopping streetturkeynespresso machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Well well well, I would not be exaggerating if i would say that this is probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. I chose the hotel through its reviews on Tripadvisor, and as I was travelling with my family for just 3 days and 2 nights, I was looking for a hotel in a central but quiet location, a small boutique hotel with spacious rooms and customer service to go with it. TOMTOM delivered. I booked through SLH and got great rates for our Superior Suite. Check in was fast and smooth. Mr Alican and his front office staff were great, they took time and understood what we wanted to do in Istanbul during our short stay and recommended what to see and how best to get around the city. Dinner recommendations were spot on and reservations were made. Breakfast at the roof terrace was lovely - what a view ! The room with its bathroom was huge - yes, Suite size. Comfortable beds, large windows with plenty of light, Big screen flat tv with a few hundred TV channels, sofa bed ready for our son, plently of closet space, coffee maker, etc etc..... We had an unfortunate experience with our son getting the stomach bug from the flight in - the hotel staff were caring, attentive and helped us with getting an appointment with a specialist, and took the initiative to check in with us regularly with how he is getting along with his recovery - both my wife and I were so touched especially when Mr Alican came up to the room with a gift for our 6 year old.
If youre in Istanbul and you dont mind taking a short walk down to catch the tram to the city, This is the THE Hotel.
Thank you TOMTOM. We will be back.

Room Tip: Superior Suite
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Ali R
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Upon our arrival, we used GetYourGuide.com, which connected us to Soner Teymur Istanbul Transfer Service. They provided a Mercedes Van and took us to Tomtom Suites, $67.98 roundtrip. This was Republic Day, the day of the beginning of the New Turkey, and protests were expected. Nural the Guest Relations Supervisor, suggested that we eat at the hotel that night. We agreed and Nural made a reservation for us on the top floor restaurant, Nicole.

Are we glad he did, although there were no protests. Arriving at the restaurant, we sat at the bar to have a few drinks after our long journey to Istanbul. My wife ordered a Margarita, and I ordered the local beer, Efes. I thought that her choice would be very strange in Turkey, but Kaan Afacan, the Restaurant Manager was tending the bar. His expertise showed that a Turk could make a Mexican Margarita. The beer was good, but the Margarita was great.

We moved over closer to the windows to enjoy our drinks and enjoy the view. The whole side of the restaurant is windows overlooking the New District and with the Mosques in Old Town in view. The roof even retracts to give a complete Alfresco dining experience.

When we sat down for dinner, we didn't know what we wanted so Bora Kizilirmak, our waiter, suggested the Short Tasting Menu. This was four items of various types of Turkish cuisine. We then added the option of pairing wine with the items. I never knew much of Turkish wines, but between Kaan and Bora, they explained where the wines came from, along with the types of soil and climate. The names are the same as many of the wines which you are familiar, but the flavor was so much better.

The pricing for this was 120TL and the wine was another 80TL, I think, which may seem high to some. The menu stated four food items, which was a misnomer, as the food, and wine never stopped. I didn't mention that dessert also came with The Sampler, as it wasn't on the menu. After three different items, we told them to stop. Wine also came with the desserts.

The next night our friends arrived and we went to Dai pera, which was recommended by Nural. I will be reviewing that wonderful restaurant separately.

With all of the enjoyment in the restaurant, I must also say something of the hotel. The pictures from the website do not do the rooms justice. When the bellman opened the door to our Suite, we were amazed. The was a King Size bed, sitting area with sofa, desk, TV, music, and a bathroom fit for a Sultan. This was a marble bathroom. When I say marble it is everywhere including the walls, floors, and ceiling. There was a Jacuzzi tub, which came in handy after a long trip, and a shower. Did I mention the size, H-U-G-E ! The hotel is a converted Franciscan Monk Monastery, with just 24 wonderful Suites, and they saved the original marble staircase.

I cannot say enough about Nural. He went out of his way to make sure everything we did was perfect. He even took the map, that the hotel prints, and colored in various restaurants and points of interest so we could easily find our way. In their restaurant, Nicole, the service and the friendliness of the staff, Kaan, Bora, and all the others, made you seem like part of their family.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room, as they are all suites, 24 total. We had #12
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cozmo42
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I definitely love the Small Luxury Hotels. This one didn't disappoint. My husband and I booked Tomtom Suites for a 3 day getaway before the Christmas holidays kicked in. Booked through the Small Luxury free night stay and added 2 extra nights of our own. We had already visited Istanbul twice this past year, each time staying at different hotels, Istanbul is a city with remarkably great hotels choices.

The team at Tomtom were no exception. Upgraded to a large room, number 34, facing the Italian Consulate, everything was perfect. Space, excellent sleep and wonderful Jacuzzi bath with a separate walk in shower. Molton Brown products, chocolates & water every day.

Breakfast was quite good, not a huge selection but everything fresh & warm. Good cappuccinos and fresh orange juice.

Team were friendly & helpful and made our stay in Istanbul another wonderful memory.

Would definitely go back and recommend to couples and families with mid / older children. Location is very good but you have to be quite able bodied to climb the stairs/ sloped road to the main shopping street. Walking towards tram is fine.

Room Tip: Higher floor, view of Italian Consulate, bright and sunny
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank True_Destiny
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Tomtom suites is a fantastic choice if you are going to Istanbul. The rooms are beautiful and the hotel was recently renovated with nice decor. The best thing about the hotel, however was the willingness of the employees to go the extra yard to make your vacation perfect. Nural, at the check in desk was a wealth of knowledge with outstanding recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing. He suggested trips that were off the beaten track and more typical tourist attractions. Tomtom suites is very lucky to have such an outstanding employee.

Room Tip: The only negative is that there is a school close by and early in the morning you can hear the noise from the children on the playground and walking to school.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sue ellen c
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Tomtom Suites was a wonderful choice. We spent four nights here and we couldn't have been happier. Our luggage didn't arrive when we did and the hotel provided an "emergency kit" which helped lessen the blow. The rooms and hotel are beautiful, the location provides easy access to the entire city and the service is first rate. And don't miss breakfast--great chef with a wonderful array to choose from. I would recommend highly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple