“A Good Value”

Antique Hostel - Guest House
Ranked #22 of 1,234 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I am a 32-year-old American woman traveling alone. I stayed at Antique Hostel for six nights, and was totally satisfied by my experience. I took the most affordable bed, which was in a six-bed dorm. Thought these dorms are in the basement, they still have large enough windows to get adequate light. Each room is equipped with an air conditioning unit, a relief after a fully day of exploring Istanbul in the steamy summer heat. Beds were comfortable enough and clean, and fellow guests were remarkably considerate and friendly. I got a good night's sleep every night, and enjoyed many good conversations with other travelers. Bathrooms and showers are not immaculate, but certainly adequate. The hostel provides a good free breakfast spread daily, and the views and breezes from the dining area and from the rooftop are enlivening and refreshing for the solo traveler's soul. The staff are friendly, respectful and laid-back. I felt easily at home at the Antique Hostel, and I would stay there again on another visit to Istanbul.

There are newer reviews for Antique Hostel - Guest House

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We had a great stay at Antique hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, and even went out of their way to help us when our Gallipoli tour fell through at the last minute. The location is perfect, so close to the Blue Mosque Hagia Sofia, and within walking distance of the Grand Bizaar and spice markets. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The hostel is very close to the main attraction of the old city but It is situated is a calm road. Breakfast is good. Rooms are clean. Most of the staffs are friendly. I took the sea view room that is very nice. I stayed there for five night. In last of June I find the room hot, as there is no fan.

Room Tip: Take Sea view room.
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed there for two times, and I would always choose it again. Great location, only two minutes from Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. Service was excellent, everyone is polite and very helpful. Rooms and everything is very very clean. You have included breakfast which is very good. Great experience. Good for everyone, for families, couples, friends, solo travelers. Wish you all to stay here and enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Three of us stayed at the Antique Hostel in Istanbul for 2 nights we had a ball it was so close to all the great restaurants & shops, the service was unbelievable we had so many people willing to help us even without asking which is so nice to see, literally right behind the Blue Mosque and loads of other tourist attractions, the meals were so delicious & traditional also, a quick walk to the water& tram line, ATM is just around the corner everything you need for your stay is soo close. We really were impressed, AND the view from the rooms& the roof terrace was so amazing our photos are just not good enough everyone should experience that! Loved it would definitely stay again :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I only stayed there for one night. The Hostel is situated in a very good place. Restaurants around the hostel are open even after midnight and there is night life around the hostel. There was no air conditioner in the room but there was a window which was OK for that night I stayed. You can have the breakfast on the roof which i think was enjoyable! The day after I moved to a four star hotel and stayed for 3 nights but comparing the price I was more satisfied with Antique Hostel.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

In March 2013, my boyfriend and I booked a room for 3 nights (July 15th-July18th) with the total cost of 180€. We had read the ratings on tripadvisor and we were really looking forward to our trip to Istanbul. Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip because of the continous political situation and the excesses between police and demonstrators. So I sent the cancellation via email to the hostel´s mail adress. They did not answer, so I write another mail one week later. They did not answer. Finally they answered to my third mail. It is written that the situation is not as bad as I think, and that the hostel is completely booked, but they understand my fears. They also write, that I will not get any of my money back (I´ve paid the total price!!!). According to my opinion, this is just a bad joke or just dirty trickiness!!! I´ve travelled a lot, but I´ve never heard or experienced that there is no refundable rate in case of cancellation which is announced more than one month before arrival! I hope they feel good to work with my money (180€!!!), the money of a student, paid for nothing!!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pruegelzofe
Antique_Hostel, Owner at Antique Hostel - Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Elena Schwarz even did not stay here. She has no right to rate "value" "location" "Sleep Quality" "Rooms" "Cleanliness" "Service"

Actually, writting this comment and rating these conditions like this is REAL dirty trickiness. Because our cancellation policy is so CLEAN. The reservation is with Prepaid Non-Refundable Rate. That is why there is no way to refund the fee. She even saw the same policy while she is making the online booking.

We also asked her how can you ask for refund if you should cancel the flight!!!

Here are the terms and conditions:

Non-refundable full payment