“Great location”

Chambers of the Boheme
Ranked #527 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
“Great location”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

This hostel has a great location, easy walking distance to everywhere in beyoglu. The room was very clean with comfortable beds. There was hot water all the time. We were upgraded to a 5 bed dorm with its own bathroom, this was great.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mcgeigertravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The hostel is good located, 5 minutes from Taksim square. The building is very nice, the room and WC were clean and the bed was comfortable. The owner and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I forgot my photo camera there and they managed to send it to me back in Spain. I would recommend it 100%.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aingeru G
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The Hostel was really easy to find and right off the main street in Taksim and close enough to the Taksim Metro stop as well. The only downside was that I stayed in the mixed room which was at the very top of the hostel (I think maybe 5 floors with no elevator) The hostel is large, and there's wi-fi in the common areas but not on the top floor. The owner was really friendly and gave good advice. This was my second trip to Istanbul and if I were to have a third, I would stay there again, just on a lower floor. : )

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2013

It's the first time I've ever booked a Hostel, I imagined it will be lived in and not that clean, no bed linen and smelling like cigarettes, but what the hell the location was so good, everywhere was walkable and it was so CHEAP you only live once!
Once I arrived there the staff were actually really nice and had personalities, and daily asked how I was, did I sleep comfortably, any issues with the room. They spoke perfect English (as have lived in England), gave free internet, tea/coffee, maps, even the good conversation and directions where at no extra cost ;) and as a girl traveling alone they took this into consideration and gave me a room to myself at no extra cost, really it was such a nice thoughtful gesture, I was aware I would be sharing so really it was generous of them.
My room consisted of an en-suite clean bathroom, a solid 'real wood" bed, firm mattress, duvet/pillow and clean bright white cotton linen,. The wooden floors polished, a wooden cabinet/key for personal belongings.
I WAS THINKING IS THIS REALLY A HOSTEL? If this is the standard of Hostels I'm an idiot who's wasted so much money staying in hotels, but you live and learn.
This place was homely, clean, quite and it was just by luck I chose it..so did I feel real lucky! By the way no one paid me to write this :) Chambers of the Boheme really was this good and the location was perfect, shopping, restaurants, bars, trams, taxis and coaches to BOTH airports at a stones throw, touristic sites were walkable.
For sure I will visit again, it's a little hidden gem!

Room Tip: be a girl LOL
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank chass75
Beaumaris
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed alone for 5 nights here, it was very friendly and open. It is right in the heart of the city and there is restaurants all around. It was also situated quite close to Taksim square and fairly easy to find. However the breakfast was served a little too early.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a low floor if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank J_K_Morris
Deutschland
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I've stayed five nights in the hostel and enjoyed everything about the hostel.
I was travelling with my best friend and we were both absolutely happy that we chose that hostel.
By the way, this hostel was recommended by another friend of mine to me as well.
I've been to various hostels and have slept in a dorm with a lot of people already but I must say that the chambers of the boheme were the dorms with the most luxury I've seen at a very fair price (own BIG locker, nice beds and two clean bathrooms and showers right next your bed). The perfect place for backpackers!
If you want to enjoy your trip to Istanbul in a nice hostel with friendly people, a perfect location being very close to the Taksim square, you know now where to go.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judith2013
Cairo
Reviewed 7 November 2012

clean,cheap,good people,in the downtown ,tea and coffee free all the time....sure i will visit istanbul (insha allah) again and i will stay in the same hostel..........

normal room but clean ,internet free ..but not inside the room,the owner very helpful....
close to taksim square,near to the bus station

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo