“A Great Hostel ın Istanbul!”

Chambers of the Boheme
Ranked #457 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We spent some tıme at Chambers of the Boheme after Anzac Day thıs year. Taksım ıs an awesome part of town and the hostel ıs ın the perfect locatıon for shoppıng, nıghtlıfe and gettıng around town.
The dorm room and bathrooms were both very clean.
The owner and owners famıly were all very accommodatıng wıth tourıst advıce for travellıng around Turkey and had some great deals on tours avaılable ıf you havent planned too much ın advance.
Would defınıtely recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jaynieruss

Reviewed 25 April 2013

The Location is just good if you want to party at Istiklal Street... its in a small street near Istiklal but the taxi driver did not know the place. The hostel was Smelly, mainly the dorms floor and old. Helpful was staff and they also had a good shower...but I wouldnt go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BrunaMagalhaes
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

This hostel has a great location, easy walking distance to everywhere in beyoglu. The room was very clean with comfortable beds. There was hot water all the time. We were upgraded to a 5 bed dorm with its own bathroom, this was great.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Mcgeigertravels
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The hostel is good located, 5 minutes from Taksim square. The building is very nice, the room and WC were clean and the bed was comfortable. The owner and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I forgot my photo camera there and they managed to send it to me back in Spain. I would recommend it 100%.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Aingeru G
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The Hostel was really easy to find and right off the main street in Taksim and close enough to the Taksim Metro stop as well. The only downside was that I stayed in the mixed room which was at the very top of the hostel (I think maybe 5 floors with no elevator) The hostel is large, and there's wi-fi in the common areas but not on the top floor. The owner was really friendly and gave good advice. This was my second trip to Istanbul and if I were to have a third, I would stay there again, just on a lower floor. : )

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2013

It's the first time I've ever booked a Hostel, I imagined it will be lived in and not that clean, no bed linen and smelling like cigarettes, but what the hell the location was so good, everywhere was walkable and it was so CHEAP you only live once!
Once I arrived there the staff were actually really nice and had personalities, and daily asked how I was, did I sleep comfortably, any issues with the room. They spoke perfect English (as have lived in England), gave free internet, tea/coffee, maps, even the good conversation and directions where at no extra cost ;) and as a girl traveling alone they took this into consideration and gave me a room to myself at no extra cost, really it was such a nice thoughtful gesture, I was aware I would be sharing so really it was generous of them.
My room consisted of an en-suite clean bathroom, a solid 'real wood" bed, firm mattress, duvet/pillow and clean bright white cotton linen,. The wooden floors polished, a wooden cabinet/key for personal belongings.
I WAS THINKING IS THIS REALLY A HOSTEL? If this is the standard of Hostels I'm an idiot who's wasted so much money staying in hotels, but you live and learn.
This place was homely, clean, quite and it was just by luck I chose it..so did I feel real lucky! By the way no one paid me to write this :) Chambers of the Boheme really was this good and the location was perfect, shopping, restaurants, bars, trams, taxis and coaches to BOTH airports at a stones throw, touristic sites were walkable.
For sure I will visit again, it's a little hidden gem!

Room Tip: be a girl LOL
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank chass75
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed alone for 5 nights here, it was very friendly and open. It is right in the heart of the city and there is restaurants all around. It was also situated quite close to Taksim square and fairly easy to find. However the breakfast was served a little too early.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a low floor if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo