Dongyang Hotel Istanbul
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
Romance Istanbul Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooms are cleanblue mosquesophiasultanahmettramlocation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights last year.

Pros:
- Historical building were within walking distance
- Clean & comfortable bed
- Very clean toilet
- Strong WiFi signal (and fast too!)

Cons:
- They only changed towel as per request (they should provide clean towel everyday)
- Room was too small for 3 person. We barely had space to walk around the room without bumping into each other, but it was okay since we only need the room to bathe, pray and sleep.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Excellent location a two minute walk to Blue Mosque, we had a double room on second floor was small with very compact en suite bathroom but was spotlessly clean.

Dorm rooms are in the basement so a bit dark but have lockers for gear and a tv room. Very popular with Korean/Japanese backpackers.

A nice beakfast is in the Turkish style plus the usual western brand cereals.

Staff were very nice and helpful

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank EleN4
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed two nights in a twin room at the end of April 2011. It's by far one the best hotel in Sultanameth with respect to the Quality / Price Ratio. It's seems obvious that the Hotel has been renovated recently. Rooms are clean. Staff is very friendly. Great location. I would recommend this hotel anytime.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bernard B
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I ve been in Istanbul 2 years ago and I found this hotel very near all historical places around Sultanahmet area just walking distance.I stayed 2009 summer and after 2 years hotel is in same address but when I entered in I was so surprised.Hotel fully renovated inside and outside.Rate for the value is very good.If you looking for a new renovated hotel in Sultanahmet I strongly suggest Dongyang Hotel...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank worldunite
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I have mixed feelings about this hotel - the location was great, but the rooms were very tiny. My bed was reasonable. The hotel smelt a bit like Asian cooking... However, the value for money was quite good, and it was so nice being in the heart of everything. I would stay here again, but it would really be only if I was mainly going to be using the hotel as a place to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo