Neverland Hostel
US$119
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$133
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$1,290
US$425
All reviewslounge areaturkeyistiklalheatingbasement
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I spent a week here with my fiancee in May 2009. The room was OK, had a nice view of the houses between the hostel and Taxim. If the room had had proper curtains, it would be a lot more comfortable, but it was easy to put towels in front of the window.
I guess the hostel is not for everybody, but if all you require is a friendly place to stay while you spend most of your days and nights elsewhere, its nice location makes it easy to move around. It is a good place to meet germans, if you're interested, and also a lot of people from around the world. It is located close to the metro, which was really helpful for us! Also, next door, you'll find a turkish bath!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

If you wanna feel "home".. but really home; not mummies or daddies ones... your home, as a young, as a student maybe.. be cool, chill out, serve yourself, cook yourself, meet great people from all around the world and open minded local people.. Then, I suggest you to try that hostel...

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank elcin a
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in what was supposed to be a twin room but ended up being a double room despite us phoning from England TWICE beforehand to verify that we, as two single men, wanted TWO BEDS not one, in a private ensuite room. When we arrived we were told that they had made a mistake and all twin rooms were double booked. They told us to sit in the reception while they "sorted it out", half an hour later they came back and said they'd but another bed in the room so we were satisfied.....until we got to the room to find a single mattress dumped on the floor instead of another bed.
We made do as we had relied on this hostel and didn't have many other choices. The first night we stayed out late and came in before dawn, we found it hard to sleep because of the loud noise from the busy side street on which the hostel is situated, also opposite a mosque with a very loud call to prayer, which is actually quite beautiful but combined with the traffic noise and early rising workers made it a very noisy room. Also, the bed sheets were itchy and of poor quality and there were very flimsy curtains that didnt fit even half the window so a lot of sunlight came in making it impossible to sleep.
After three sleepless nights we came home again at 4am to be told that they'd made a mistake with our booking as we had booked a twin room and the day receptionist saw that our room was a double and had guests booked in for that night and had subsequently packed all our stuff, including passports and MONEY and had placed them in the reception "for us". Unfortunately, they said, they didn't have any other rooms but were quite happy for us to sleep in the lounge. This is a 24 hour OPEN door hostel and our luggage, money and passports had been unsecurely dumped in the busy reception. We had to leave or face TWO more nights sleeping in the reception lounge. Luckily we had a friend living nearby who put us up, but I ended up spenidn my 30th birthday night sleeping on my friends floor because of the sheer rudeness and incompetence of Neverland Hostel staff. We received no apology and were left carrying luggage up the attrociously steep road at 4 am!
On checking our luggage the next morning we found that 250 Turkish Liras were missing from our luggage along with my mobile phone!
NEVER STAY AT NEVERLAND

Room Tip: there isnt one
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank canchito
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights in a private room. We debated switching to a different hostel but decided not to. The toilet ran all night and was loud, and the showers weren't that clean but not too bad.
The rooms were sketchy and our window wouldn't lock. Very hot rooms so we wanted to sleep with the window open. The blankets were scratchy so we slept under the towels that we had brought.
It's a very youthful place, and painted by the guests which is cool, but an overall feeling of griminess.
The main lounge has free wifi which was good, plenty of visiting cats, and a decent breakfast.
The staff attempted to be helpful but had no maps, no brochures or literature of any kind with information.
All in all, it wasn't terrible, but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank sjlovett
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I am not sure how the previous two revıewers wrote such positive comments about this hostel. I am an extremely well travelled person and can safely say this is the worst place I have ever stayed. I had a prıvate room to myself. Thıs was ıncredıbly hot and dıffıcult to sleep. You would think that they may provıde some fans or something to compensate for this???? The shared bathroom was dırty - I had to paddle around ın water ın the shower as ıt would not drain properly. The staff were very unhelpful. They had no map of the area and could not gıve sımple explanations about where to fınd things lıke the Metro statıon. Although the hostel ıs not far from the maın strip, ıt ıs at the bottom of the world's steepest hıll. Walkıng up and down thıs wıth a bıg back pack was a nıghtmare. However, the worst thing about this place was the noise. The walls are paper thin and so you can hear absolutely everything your neighbour does. And the street noise was unbearable.

I have never been so dıssatısfıed wıth a hostel that I have needed to check out early. But I had to here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo