“One day trip to Kapadokya from Istanbul”
Review of Byzas Tours Turkey

Byzas Tours Turkey
More attraction details
Owner description: Istanbul-based tour operator providing daily departure Turkey tours, vacation packages, hotels and custom travel. Destinations include Istanbul, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Cappadocia, Gallipoli, Troy, Bodrum and Antalya. Also specializes in Bosphorus cruises and private yacht rental with Zoe Yacht in Istanbul.
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Excelent service, everything happened as it was told by the company since the beginning. The guided tour was very nice.
One bad thing is that it finished a bit early, and then we had like 1 hour waiting for the transfer from the city to the airport to go back to Istanbul. It would've been nice to visit some other place during that hour.
Transfers were always waiting for us on time and the lunch was very nice in a buffet style restaurant. Beside there are lots of places to see in Kapadokya, we had only 1 free day to visit and it's really worth to do it.

1  Thank Mauricio P

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My sister and I booked two day trips. Departed Istanbul and flew to Cappadocia one day (back to Istanbul), then flew to Efes the next day. Byzas Tours orchestrated two perfect trips for us. The guides were knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. We toured is a small van with approximately 5-6 other guests. Byzas included some side stops each day. One day it was to a Ceramic demonstration/business, then the next day was a Turkish Rug store/demonstration and a leather manufacturer fashion show/store. (the jackets were gorgeous - handbag too!). Cappadocia and Efes are amazing sites. Cappadocia with it's caves and rock formations and Efes with the incredible ruins. Byzas Tour group were wonderful to work with - from phone calls to emails.

1  Thank NHsisters
Reviewed 7 November 2013

As others have said we were very pleased with the service, guides and hotels from Byzas. We upgraded our 7 day tour to private and patinum level hotels which we were pleased with. Our tour included 2 days in Istanul, 2 in Cappadocia and 2 in Izmir. My only suggestion would be in Istanbul to perhaps change to a hotel closer to the Grand Bazaar on the first day so you can walk on your own and be closer to the old sites. The guides were very knowledgeable and courteous. One of the greatest values is having a private driver in Istanbul. The taxi drivers don't all speak English for those of you venturing out on your own. We have been short changed by one and dropped off at the wrong location by another so I recommend a private driver even for only one day. Byzas did a great job of organizing everything for us and packed in a full day even though we never felt rushed. I will use them again when we go back to experience more of Turkey.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We can just confirm what we read in many reviews. We had booked a private tour to Ephesus (via Izmir) at the beginning of September over internet. All the pick-ups from the hotel, airport at Izmir and then back in Istanbul worked like a charm. The guide was knowledgeable and attentive, a huge advantage of a private tour (albeit it's quite pricey) is that you really arrange your schedule, where you want to stay longer and where not to go (especially the shop stops to be avoided!) Cars in very good conditions. We flew Atlas and Pegasus back and both were ok, albeit Atlas seems slightly better. Pegasus cabin crew looked jaded, they worked them hard so we wondered about the pilots but we must say the landing was perfect. Byzas even changed our return to fly back 1 hour earlier so that we don't land in Istanbul after dark. Trip back from airport to the hotel was long but that's Istanbul. We got lucky in Ephesus since we just arrived when there were no cruise ships around - they discharge massive amounts of travelers so Ephesus visit is just about fighting the crowds. Back from Ephesus we took the route along the coast (instead of the highway going in) and there was a beautiful beach with almost no people - alas we did not have our swimming trunks with us!

1  Thank George S
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Like many TA users I was drawn by the positive reviews for Byzas Tours in Istanbul. I booked two separate tours to Cappadoccia and Ephesus with Byzas from Istanbul.
Let me start by saying that it is the common practice of many tour operators to sub-contract
tour operations to other companies or related companies , without the guest being told this ahead. I discovered this by looking at the windshield placard in one of our pick up vans . This speaks to issues of full disclosure and transparency.
The reps I saw waiting at the airport holding up signs are generally young kids. They are told to have you sit and wait , while they work their cell phones in order to trace down the van driver .
I waited for half hour until I was led to my transport van with no other guests.
In one case we had to walk the equivalent of three blocks to find the van parked and waiting.
Seems like the van should have met us at the airport curb instead of requiring me to trek with luggage to a vehicle with a motor and wheels.
I felt cheated by the little time spent at the sights on the itinerary , as well as the little time afforded to eat lunch .
This objection can be easily appreciated by the amount of time that the guide brings tour guests to various tourist traps like a carpet business and a leather goods business.
My Ephesus tour included two separate stops at tourist traps which amounted to two and a half
hours of total selling time ....time which was costing me money.
I realize that there is a commission arrangement in the diverting of guests to stores . The problem lies in the fact that the guests are being cheated out of paid-for time as a way to provide third party commissions . This is an abuse.
The van driver and tour guide engage in other instances of "down time" , which may include returning to a hotel just left , in order to pick up additional guests . Surely this info was already known to the operators.
For the return to the airport in Ephesus , I and other guests were made to walk the equivalent of 5 blocks to the waiting van , instead of the van coming to pick us up . This was at the end of a long and tiring day.

Let me end by saying this ; I had to wake up at 4 in the morning in order to participate in these excursions which involved a trip to the airport, a domestic flight , a wait for transport, one hour of van travel to get to the tour origination site , the time of actual touring , another hour van trip to the airport , the return flight and the return transport to the hotel.
Considering the length of such days , I do not appreciate being routed to tourist traps and being made to walk to transport vans which should be picking me up at door-step

13  Thank gerard n