I learned about Istanbul suite home through trip advisor where they didn't have an option to book through Expedia so I check the website for prices and emailed them. Yuksel the gentleman who was responding to me by email was quick to answer and very polite. When all reviews on here were excellent and many said that photos are the same as reality I decided to book. When we arrived to the airport it was nice to find that someone was waiting for u. It was a taxi service booked for us trough the Managment ( complimentary )
When we arrived the main door of the building was locked after 5 min a women (responsible for cleaning) greeted us and told us burhan ( out go to guy while our stay with anything regarding the appart) was on his way. They showed us the room and yes the photos is exactly what u see on their website. I booked appart 1 that has the small garden. Then they asked us to wait on the terrace that I have heard so much about on here so that they can clean the room. The terrace was amazing. And we waited for like 1 and half hours and went in to settle. The apart was spotless and very comfy and excellent for a family stay and wayyyyyyyy more convenient than a hotel that's for sure. The balcony is greatttt we spent most of our mornings and late night Coffe there. They clean every other day. But the maids don't do dishes or beds or bathroom. so basically they take the garbage out and do a quick mobbing am guessing. Burhan got us some fruits milk and some flavored yogurt for my baby and an amazing box if toys and a high chair those two things were much much much appreciated. The appart is like 7 min away sultanahmet front yard. If u wana use the tram ( only use public transportation no need for taxis) the cemberlitas station is near but it's a steep hill to climb.
We had two problems in the appart that burhan directly came to handle. The water went out completely for a couple of hours but burhan kept in coming in and out tryin to fix it and he did after a while.but the day we were going back home we couldn't take a shower coz the water went again. The other thing is that for some reason water came out the drains of the bathroom and the balcony. We directly called burhan and he sent a Plumer and the cleaning ladies. Ilene went out and came to find the problem solved. Traveling with a baby is hard in general but staying in this apart made out stay much easier. He had the space to play and the crib they gave us was excellent.
I would defiantly stay here again next time I go to Istanbul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ISTANBUL SUITE HOME is located at the very heart of Istanbul's Old City part, Sultanahmet that is surrounded by most of the historical sites and attractions, museums, churches, mosques, antique bazaars and basilica cisterns etc. The building has 5 stories consisting of 1 individual apartment flat on each story. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Istanbul Amedros Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Istanbul Suite Home Hotel Istanbul
- Suite Home Hotel Istanbul
- Suite Home Istanbul