Before I start my review, I would first like to congratulate Mr. Yusuf on becoming a proud father of a healthy baby boy. CONGRATULATIONS MR. YUSUF. Please give your beautiful lovely baby a big hug from me.
This was my second time to Istanbul and 1st time in this hotel. A fantastic experience. Enjoyed and loved the warm and friendly hospitality. Kudos to Mr. Onal for having such a fantastic team in Mr. Yusuf & Ms. Hale.
Location - perfect (at least for me as I was always within the Sultanhamet / Sirkeci / Eminonu areas)
Food - Breakfast: could do with a bit more variety. But overall very good.
Food - Lunch / Dinner: Unfortunately was never in the hotel during those times
Comfort - Very Comfortable. The room & bathrooms are well equipped
Security - A little too tight because no outsider is allowed to enter the guests room. I understand the hotel's policy because guests' safety is paramount to the management.
Now for the negatives.
1. Size of the shower cabin - way too small and too tight. I hope I am wrong, maybe because of the room size, the shower cabins cannot be bigger.
2. There is no sign or direction for taxi's to guide them towards the hotel. I was returning from Uskudar and my cabbie asked about 10 people for directions. The hotel needs to consider putting up some signage to guide taxi drivers. My friend drove me from Kuyumcukent to the hotel and he also had problems.
3. Security is overly tight. This can be lightened slightly. There are ways.
Overall I had a wonderful stay. What I really liked about this hotel is the General Manager - Mr. Onal will always make an effort to speak with the guests and he goes that extra mile to make you feel right at home. If you are going to Istanbul, I will definitely recommend this hotel. Make sure you check in when Mr. Yusuf and Ms. Hale are at the front desk. Trust me on this.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ONAL, YUSUF AND HALE. INSHALLAH SEE YOU SOON.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gülhane Park Hotel is in a fantastic location that allows you to observe the entire historical texture of İstanbul (constantinapolis), to enjoy an unparalleled view of the Bosphorus, Gülhanepark and to breathe the sea and park air. The unique historical and tourist sights of our city are within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gulhane Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gulhane Park Istanbul
- Hotel Gulhane Park