Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
Sumengen Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$84
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$538
US$429
US$273
US$266
Travelocity
US$191
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$232
US$163
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$95
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclose to the airportthe club loungegold spgfree shuttle servicebusiness tripnice business hotelsea viewoutdoor poolataturk airportlobby areahigh floorasian sidean upgradeturkeyold citytaksim squaretaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2013

A good efficient check-in is always a good start, and it was, with a really switched on guy. Nice spacious room, with good comfort, all required amenities, marvellous bed, and a great view over the Marina to the Sea of Marmara, with its daily queue of Bosporus-bound ships at anchor. Breakfast is a extensive affair, choose from pretty much anything. Biggest gripe (in common with many high end chain hotels)....ridiculous exploitative pricing for 'extras', e.g., in room Wi-Fi, mini bar prices, and breakfast. But to be fair, service is good. Very convenient for airport by taxi ( about 20 Turkish lira), a bit more of a long ride through often horrendous traffic to reach the city or to cross the bridge. And if your taxi driver doesn't know the hotel it is importantly not in, but near the suburb called Atakoy, which is a pretty sprawling residential area. The nearest landmark is the marina, or the nearby Galleria.

Room Tip: Marina view is nice, and the higher the better
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TheRoliingMcStones
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Sheraton Atakoy Istanbul

I was there for 2 days on the 26 th of this month at the club floor

What they lose as the location as it is at the outskirts of the city, and it takes 45 mins by car on regular traffic to reach downtown, they gain with the breath taking view of the Marina from the room and the club house on the 24th floor.
The staff is not that friendly ( smile is not there most of the time). The language is still a problem as majority of Turkish people are little informed with other languages.
Food is of average quality and taste.
The "positive" spa at the hotel was below average and I don't know if it is operated by the hotel or they have just rented the space BUT they need to be trained again about how to Handel customers. I regret the money I have paid and I wanted to talk to the manager to let him (or her) know how I feel about their service but the lady at the front desk kept me waiting for more than 5 mins while she was talking to her colleuge so I just left.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dujanah
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed one night to be near the airport after 7 nights in the Sultanahmet area. Although we loved our rooms in Sultanhamet, by comparison the room at the Sheraton was a palace. Very luxurious room with a great view of marina. Big shopping mall with food court and grocery store is across the street. Not convenient location for visiting sites in Istanbul. It is near the airport, and there is a free shuttle, but it stops at 2:00am and next one is 7:00am. For our flight we needed to be there by 4:30, so took a taxi (TL20).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kent W
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel a week ago and had a rather unpleasant discussion with the front desk clerk and then with the manager on duty. I booked two rooms, one for a friend of mine and one for myself, however, since he wasn't a Platinum member, he did receive access to the club lounge.
I tried to explain to the check in agent, that I'm brining additional business (two nights @Euro 150) and that they should consider him as my guest, but he wasn't able to change it. Once I asked to speak to a manager, I was first told he left for the day and then after about 10 minutes of discussion, one came to see us. I explained the situation and asked him if he would rather see my friend leave and go to an other hotel and Sheraton losing Euro 300 and he was find with that.
I'm not sure what managment school hi applied for, but he would not be on my payroll if I could be the owner of the hotel.
The entire discussion was so disturbing to me, that I can definitely say that I will not be staying at that property again nor will I make advertisement for it.

SHERATON, you really have to consider your policy again and get your crew retrained so they can use common sense.

The room was great, however the power was out on the last day and I had to shower in the dark until I was able to get someone to come to fix it. They eventually did fix it.

The check out procedure is long and complicated when they already have taken all the information when you checked in.

Good luck with your stay if you plan to spend time at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Armin L
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Near one of the biggest shopping malls in Istanbul and close to the airport (with shuttle service provided by the hotel), the Sheraton Atakoy is not the finest or newest hotel you may find in that area, but it remains of quality. During my stay, impossible to turn on the air conditioning (provided explanation : it's cold outside, so open the window) and I have been given access to an occupied room (lack of seriousness ? lack of security ? lack of information transmission ?) - got immediately a new room but did not feel reassuring ! The room i was given was large with a very nice view on the sea. Breakfast was, as always with Sheraton, excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business