“Good Stay.. breakfast poor”

Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel
Ranked #262 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on business.. Very near airport so it was convenient location for me. Right next to a shopping mall with many restaurants to choose.

I had in-room breakfast in the morning. Eggs benedict I chose were totally hard; worst I had ever.

Concierge / bell service is non existing. You have to call or ask frontdesk to find them which is strange.

Rooms are good with open view, comfortable bed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Orbito

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have stayed here a half a dozen timers over the past few years and it always seems to be the same. I am a gold SPG member and I have to ask to have my room upgraded. Sometimes yes and sometimes. not. This past time I received the a huge room but it's so much work which should be unnecessary. The wifi, which in my case, I did not have to pay for since it was a SPG perk, had to be re entered into my phone or I pad over a dozen times. It seems to just turn off constantly. Additionally, while I was waiting for the room change, I went to their public computers to print my boarding pass. After signing in, downloading the document, their printer did not work. I unfortunately do not speak Turkish, but would assume a better understanding of English by the staff at an airport hotel. I found it strange that the travel agent in the lobby (not a Sheraton employee) did not understand a word. I have the impression that someone does not care. As much as I try to be loyal to SPG, next time I will go elsewhere.

2  Thank CGW52
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is located 10 minutes away from the Istanbul Ataturk Airport and provides a good business hub to the city and of close reach to the airport. I use this hotel frequently usually in transit. The reception and customer service has never been logical or particularly accommodating comparing to other wonderful SPG Hotels in Istanbul including the W hotel and the Le Meridien Etiler. The hotel management staff is severely mismanaged, impolite and generally uncooperative. As a Platinum SPG guest I requested an upgrade and was responded to with " We have seen many platinum SPG Guests you are not a special case". My girlfriend who arrived to stay with me on the second night was asked for ID on 3 occasions just to make sure she was not a prostitute. The managers used a DND sign (Which was never there) as an excuse as to why my room was not turned down or cleaned, however the minibar was always replenished. Reception staff are just uncourteous, self serving and unprofessional. When my extras exceeded by a couple of dollars I was not let into my room and was asked to bring a credit card down. When I checked in The room had old amenities, and one of our party's luggage was collected and departed for the airport without any of us knowing. The billing was not properly done. I had to take a complaint up with the hotel to credit the correct amount of SPG Points and Nights, as they changed names on bookings, removed my SPG Platinum status and yes ... turned me away from the executive lounge with a nice (Bye bye). Do not stay at this hotel as it has neither the hospitality nor common sense of the staff - there are several better options available nearby. However for a straight transit, if you are not going to be using extra facilities and have generally low expectations it may just work out to be ok. As I am writing this email. I still have 2,000 Dollars blocked on my credit card as they forgot to reconcile the blocked amount vs bill payments made. Took up a complaint with the hotel and was told that " No compensation was going to be offered" not even a "sorry".

3  Thank Bon_Vivant_LV
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Location is on Business District, if you are looking for holiday or vacation, it's better to stay in Taksim Area.

I was on a Business trip and I had Driver, so Location was not important for me.

Near to Airport (15 minute)

3 Min Walk to great Istanbul Galleria Atakoy Shopping Mall.

Nice and clean breakfast.

Location of breakfast was at -1, it's better to be at 10th floor because of great view of area.

get a room with view to Marina Yacht Parking, Nice panoramic view combination of Boats and sunrise.

stay on higher floors.

Friendly Staff nice English Speaking.

There were no Toothbrush, Shaving Kit and Shower Gel by Default !

But when I asked Housekeeping each time, I received them quickly.
(Better to severed in Room for Sheraton)

nice and clean Bed.

TV was good but doesn't have English Discovery Channel and National Geographic.

Room Tip: Get Rooms on 15th Floor or Higher with View to Marina Yacht Parking
2  Thank Hossein S
Sheraton Atakoy H, Manager at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Hossein S. ,

We would like to assure you that we are very glad to have the opportunity of accommodating you in Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel.

After your stay with us, we kindly ask you to write a comment through e-mail to learn your opinion. Please kindly be informed that your comments are very important for us to see where we are and how to improve ourselves.

We will be more than happy to assist you for your next accommodation.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Got an upgrade to a suite, which was very nice.
As A SGP fanatic, I knew this would gave me value for money.
The rooms are spaceious, suited for business trip.
Internet excellent, there is a nice table to work on, great mini-bar, excellent shower and super beds.

I thought this hotel was more in the centre, but it isn't.
You definately need to spend some time and money to get into the center of Instabul.
Further from that, all what a human needs wa sin this hotel.

Excellent service, roomserive ( quick) and at a good price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelingBizzMan
Reviewed 29 November 2013

A good efficient check-in is always a good start, and it was, with a really switched on guy. Nice spacious room, with good comfort, all required amenities, marvellous bed, and a great view over the Marina to the Sea of Marmara, with its daily queue of Bosporus-bound ships at anchor. Breakfast is a extensive affair, choose from pretty much anything. Biggest gripe (in common with many high end chain hotels)....ridiculous exploitative pricing for 'extras', e.g., in room Wi-Fi, mini bar prices, and breakfast. But to be fair, service is good. Very convenient for airport by taxi ( about 20 Turkish lira), a bit more of a long ride through often horrendous traffic to reach the city or to cross the bridge. And if your taxi driver doesn't know the hotel it is importantly not in, but near the suburb called Atakoy, which is a pretty sprawling residential area. The nearest landmark is the marina, or the nearby Galleria.

Room Tip: Marina view is nice, and the higher the better
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TheRoliingMcStones
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Sheraton Atakoy Istanbul

I was there for 2 days on the 26 th of this month at the club floor

What they lose as the location as it is at the outskirts of the city, and it takes 45 mins by car on regular traffic to reach downtown, they gain with the breath taking view of the Marina from the room and the club house on the 24th floor.
The staff is not that friendly ( smile is not there most of the time). The language is still a problem as majority of Turkish people are little informed with other languages.
Food is of average quality and taste.
The "positive" spa at the hotel was below average and I don't know if it is operated by the hotel or they have just rented the space BUT they need to be trained again about how to Handel customers. I regret the money I have paid and I wanted to talk to the manager to let him (or her) know how I feel about their service but the lady at the front desk kept me waiting for more than 5 mins while she was talking to her colleuge so I just left.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business