“Terrible staff”

Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel
Ranked #264 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Thıs hotel ıs so beautıfull but the sıtuatıon of the staff are just terribvle, startıng at the check ın. The word plite seems not to exist in this hotel and also the quality of the breakfast is so terrible I neve comeback to it again.The only good thing is that it is near the airport, so at last chance or at last day of my stay in İstambul İ woud choose such hotel.Even the out side swiming pool ıs terribly dirty. Get away from this hotel

Room Tip: dont stay in this hotel untill staff is changed
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roberto H
Sheraton Atakoy H, Guest Relations at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest;

We are all sorry to receive this comment and please accept our apologies for the experience with our reception and also with the SPA.

We will forwarded your comments to the related department, we hope that we will have a chance to welcome you again.

Thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

If staying in the middle of the old town Istanbul is not your objective, this is a great alternative. The one thing about hotels in the old town that they are generally older, tiny and without paying a huge premium, devoid of views...After a hectic day in Istanbul, coming back to the Sheraton really felt like an oasis... calm and serene. The staff was fantastic from valet, front desk, room service, club you name it. The Club had a wonderful selection of Turkish food during happy hour and a great view over the Marina and Sea. The staff took great care of us during our stay. The rooms and bathrooms were,modern, well equipped, spacious and the hotel was very well kept across the board. The location was 10 minutes to the airport (Ataturk) and given the traffic situation in Istanbul, very handy. The old town was about 20 minutes away, and there was a shuttle from the hotel available, although very sporadic. There was also a ferry which during summer would be the way to go, which bring you downtown.
There is a modern mall across the street which has everything one would be looking for from high end shopping to restaurants. Within walking distance, your food options are substantial. I know the hotel had a Turkish Spa and bath for the guests (looked beautiful & was complimentary), but we never had a chance to try it.

Room Tip: Waterfront views and upper floors have great scenic views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton Atakoy H, GR at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are more than happy to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us and you were satisfied with the quality of our property.

We would like to thank you once again for choosing us and we are looking forward to welcoming You back in the near future again.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel has a lot going for it and I just completed my third stay. It is just a five minute taxi ride from IST Airport so very convenient if you have an early flight out. While thirty minutes or so (depending on traffic) from the main attractions and center of the city, the hotel has a free shuttle bus twice a day. Club lounge has a great breakfast and evening snacks can easily suffice for dinner. Complementary wine in the Club Lounge in the evening. This time I had two issues. Rooms were very hot (28 degrees C) and when I called the staff (on two evenings) to adjust my thermostat, I was told it is winter and it can't be adjusted and was instead directed to open my window. This had limited benefit because the room fan doesn't work when the window is open. The other issue was more of a problem - the bathroom drain smelled like a sewer. I called guest services and their solution was to spray a fragrance in the bathroom. This helped for that day but I was there for four nights and it was pretty bad, especially during the night. They never checked back to see if it was solved. This was in a Club Room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to benefit from the Club Lounge.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton Atakoy H, GR at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing us.

We have already forwarded your comments to the related departments and please accept our apoloiges for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My flight leaving Istanbul was delayed 5 hours so due to the fact I was traveling with my 12 year old daughter, we decided to check into this hotel for a few hours so we could get some sleep prior to the flight. The staff at the hotel were very friendly upon check in. I explained my situation and they were considerate and helpful, telling me how I can get to the airport if necessary to check on the flight status. They also showed me how to check on their board they have in the lobby showing all the flight departure times. He then suggested I should also use the computers for more info on my flight.

We ate a meal at their small yet cosy restaurant, which was delicious. The waitress was very friendly and efficient.

The rooms were large and clean with all the necessary comforts of a 5 star hotel.

Overall we were extremely satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all thank you for your nice comments.

We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us and you were satisfied with the quality of our property.

We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stayed four days at this lovely hotel for special conference held at the same location , it was successful meeting , the open buffet breakfast and lunch was amazing and the dinner was excellent , the spa and both inner and outer pool was a good experience plus the jacuzzi , it just adjacent to large grand mall , and the surrounding district is full of famous stores plus ordinary Turkish one , we enjoy our stay and defiantly would return back in my next vacation .

Room Tip: The high one sea side in right side more lovely the left side ones
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Skywalker0707
Sheraton Atakoy H, Manager at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Skywalker0707,

We would like to assure you that we are very glad to have the opportunity of accommodating you in Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel.

After your stay with us, we kindly ask you to write a comment through e-mail to learn your opinion. Please kindly be informed that your comments are very important for us to see where we are and how to improve ourselves.

We will be more than happy to assist you for your next accommodation.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on business.. Very near airport so it was convenient location for me. Right next to a shopping mall with many restaurants to choose.

I had in-room breakfast in the morning. Eggs benedict I chose were totally hard; worst I had ever.

Concierge / bell service is non existing. You have to call or ask frontdesk to find them which is strange.

Rooms are good with open view, comfortable bed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Orbito
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have stayed here a half a dozen timers over the past few years and it always seems to be the same. I am a gold SPG member and I have to ask to have my room upgraded. Sometimes yes and sometimes. not. This past time I received the a huge room but it's so much work which should be unnecessary. The wifi, which in my case, I did not have to pay for since it was a SPG perk, had to be re entered into my phone or I pad over a dozen times. It seems to just turn off constantly. Additionally, while I was waiting for the room change, I went to their public computers to print my boarding pass. After signing in, downloading the document, their printer did not work. I unfortunately do not speak Turkish, but would assume a better understanding of English by the staff at an airport hotel. I found it strange that the travel agent in the lobby (not a Sheraton employee) did not understand a word. I have the impression that someone does not care. As much as I try to be loyal to SPG, next time I will go elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business