“Great Location and Amazing Service”
Review of Zagreb Hotel

Zagreb Hotel
Ranked #576 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this Hotel for 11 days with my friends. We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Even so much so that they helped my friends and I plan our days and taught us some Turkish. Azad one of the receptionists is a real gem he is extremely helpful and is the receptionist on the evening Barish. They'd always ask us how we were and how our day had been :). We had a problem with the transfer service we booked from another company back to the airport, however Barish helped resolve the problem and left us worry free :). We always looked forward to breakfast there was so much choice. We also used the pool and spa facilities after 4pm one night and really enjoyed it. For £10pp it was not a bad price considering you could spend as much time as you liked in there. The staff at the spa were also extremely friendly :). The Location was perfect only a 20 min walk to Sultanhamet and a tram close by. There is a mosque close to the hotel, however there is a mosque on every corner in Istanbul. So no matter where you are you will here the call to prayer at sunrise. IT's an Islamic country so one should expect this and not hold it against the hotel. Overall it was a fantastic experience and I would definitely recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rozie R
There are newer reviews for Zagreb Hotel

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I selected this hotel for being "near" the tourist center and having an outdoor pool. The pool was pretty nice, but it was only free to guests if you got there by 4pm, so if you wanted to do a day of sightseeing followed by a dip in the pool, it could cost you an extra $10 per person. The shower leaked, not while I was showering, but after, and enough that it took the floor mat and a hand towel to soak it up. When I mentioned this to the front desk, they couldn't understand why I thought a leak was bad. "Just use a towel." Okay, then. On the plus side, there was no mold or mildew odor. Other reviews have properly noted that there's no elevator to street level. The tram is about a block away. There was a mosque just outside my widow, but the call to prayer did not bother me. The Chicken Shish is good. The massage lady is great. $1 per minute.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mbnchase
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Be aware that you a close to a mosque so you will hear the call to prayer early in the morning, I.e. 0430 and late into the night. House guests should not be expected to pay to use the pool after 1600. Breakfast had a good choice. Be aware there is no lift from street level to reception on the first floor.

10 minutes walk to Grand Bazaar, 20 minutes to blue mosque.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Janine C
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This small hotel is very good. The service was fantastic, the breakfast very nice and the hotel shuttle fetched at 2 in the morning without complaining. The rooms are small but well equipped and clean. When we asked for boiling water we were supplied with our own kettle and could make coffee when ever we liked. The hotel is situated very near to a tram stop. Close by are very nice restaurants and little shops with the most gorgeous fruit. I would recommend this little hotel any time. We booked through Hotel Express and the price was so reasonable that we stayed and extra night.

Room Tip: Allways find a hotel near to a bus, tram or trainstop, makes travelling in a city so much easier.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Alberta5313
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed a week in this hotel and it was very a very bad hotel, we got a very little room with no bed to our child even that we paid for it. They have a very bad service and the breakfast was not that good. I did not like it
Moreover the Rom wasnt cleen and beds Were so unconfortable. I really dont recommend it

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel, i don't recommend it
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sayed1914
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Zagreb Hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed it. Rooms are quite small but fairly clean, beds are comfortable, bathrooms updated, good toiletries, hair dryer, slippers, safe box – all you need to be comfortable.
The staff are really friendly, helpful, responsive to our needs, providing high quality service.
Breakfast is served at the Dream Restaurant (lobby area) and it serves a decent selection of foods (look for the Chocolate pancakes filled with vanilla cream - outstanding!!!!).

Pros: Good Location, good value for money, quiet rooms, Free WIFI
Cons: None, really.

I recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank AliO_11
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Lovely hotel! My friend and I loved our stay at Zagreb. It’s a very clean, cosy hotel. All the staff were really nice and helpful. I always looked forward to the breakfast buffet. It was absolutely amazing, and you were spoilt for choice with the vast cuisine.

The hotel location was incredible, It was a walking distance (or 2/3 tram stops) from the Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and Topkapi Palace. And a short tram journey to Eminonou and Kabatas, where you can get the boat for trips to Prince’s Islands or take the Bosphorous Cruise.

I would highly recommend this hotel. And will definitely stay there on my next visit to Istanbul

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends